Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • One Photo Every Day – half way there!
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

If anyone doesn’t know, I set up a group on Flickr where you take one photo a day and post it up.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/onephotoeveryday/

Well we have now reached the end of the sixth month, and have over 50 members posting some incredible pics each month. A few of the pics have been published in various places, featured in The Guardian Online, won prizes, and even been published in Singletrack. Heck, even one of my photos was borrwed for a poster advertising the karaoke night at the Underground Subway Karaoke Bar 😀

It’s not as easy as it sounds, and there have been some emotional moments along the way as some members struggled with other work comitments etc, and nearly threw in the towel when forgetting just the one day. But with a lot of group encouragement, people are continuing, and it’s all very exciting.

If you want to see 181 days of my life this year so far in thumbnails on a single page, click here lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonralli/sets/72157612015799085/

There are some other STWorlders in the group so not sure if they are going to comment or not on this landmark!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Heh – it’s funny to see in the last hour just which photos people have clicked on 😀

DezB
    Free Member

“Well I may not actually achieve a photo a day every day..”

Have you? Seems a bit of a failure otherwise!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yep – I have so far.

When I wrote that I was all but certain that I would be spending a couple of months in Peru and wasnt sure if I would be able to keep going. I am off on Saturday, and have no idea how long I will be spending without access to electricity and therefore the ability to charge camera batteries.

I have since found my old 35mm camera, so am taking that plus 3 rolls of film as a back up. Will have to write down each pic I take in order to try and get the days right of course.

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Yeah, good little group. Enjoyed it. Has really challenged me some days to try and come up with something different than the last, and yes I have taken exactly one per day and not cheated.

Picture from yesterday (click to make big)

Day 179 of 365

and the full set below

Day 365 of 365 - December 31st

Going to get mine published at the end of the year in to a little book to keep from blurb.com

STATO
    Free Member

Ive failed to take one every day but then i only joined to get me using my camera agian, i accept that 1 or 2 days missing a month might not class me as a ‘hardcore’ 365er im still enjoying it 😆

May13th - Night time

simonralli2
    Free Member

Oh well with 163 views today, the lovely Danielle (4th April) and lovely Katryn (8th Feb) are slipping into joint third place with a couple of ropey photos of me and a pic of a cup of coffee 😯

And there at the top of the charts today is a half naked pic of me and the wonderful Anna and Jaie (30th May) shortly before they stripped me naked and threw me in to my friend James’ pool at my leaving do 🙂 Mind you it’s logical as there’s something in that pic for both all the ladeez and all the chaps heh.

lorax

It’s a great group, and many thanks to Simon for starting it. It has really got me back into photography which I’m hugely enjoying. There are loads of excellent pics by people on the group, and it has now grown well beyond its Ralli/STW roots…

My Flickr stream is at http://www.flickr.com/photos/modalshift. Here’s a summer cycling picture:

soma_rich
    Free Member

I WILL be doing this next year. I love the idea and getting them printed at the end sounds perfect.

Well done guy you are an insperation.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Rich – there is no reason why you can’t start now. I think less than 10 of us started on Jan 1st. Most people simply start and they are off. In fact, one new person who I know quite well started just last week 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Right – since I posted this thread it seems from the stats a good few of you have had a goosey gander.

Unfortunately for Roper, the pic of him blowing me a kiss is way down there in the ratings, on the same par as the photo of me holding up a ticket from the Boots weighing machine.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Right starting tomorrow!

Thats the day my divorce is finalsed 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Brill that’s what I like to hear! Look forward to seeing the pics! I’m trying to get Pook to join too as he tells me he is a published photographer no less. I really am not worthy to be in such esteemed company what with my over-dependence on the self timer function and all.

rOcKeTdOg

i think this thread should win photo of the month 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Voting is now open!!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/onephotoeveryday/discuss/72157620637383475/

Oh, and my photo of my karaoke friend Danielle is now the clear winner in the most clicked on pic of my set today. No idea why!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonralli/3410718098/

rOcKeTdOg

i’ve voted

downgrade
    Free Member

Hope you don’t mind me joining the group halfway through. I’ve managed every day this year but with some really bad photos along the way. Hope the group will give me some more inspiration!

my “2009” set clicky

simonralli2
    Free Member

Downgrade

Some nice pics in there. Will be great having you in the group and don’t forget you are more than welcome to vote in our Photo of the Month competition where the winning photo gets to be be the following month’s group icon.

This photo thread here already shows you some of the best and how the voting is currently going:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/onephotoeveryday/discuss/72157620637383475/

Only a small number of people seem to get involved in the voting (and discussions), so your vote (and Soma-Rich’s) would be more than welcome.

Si

rOcKeTdOg

due to error, i have revoted 🙂

spacehopper

just joined the group! meant to start on january the first but… well.. yknow… excuses etc 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

Right – anyone know what happened to Soma Rich? Is he ok? – I was looking forward to his first pic yesterday but seems like he may have failed right on day 1. It’s not even on a par with England not making it through to the world cup – I can’t think of another analogy right now.

soma_rich
    Free Member

errrr

I have a photo but my Flikr account has reached its limit. I either go Pro or set up another account.

Then I have the issue of how do I get it off my phone to a computer.

I think I need to sort out the logistics first. Sorry guys 🙁

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ah right ok – no probs. Yeah given that Flickr gives you 200 free pics, and its a 365 project, you wouldn’t be the first in the group to encounter this issue after having begun!

simonralli2
    Free Member

But why not join anyway and vote for our pic of the month! There’s still time to choose a nice pic from last month. The more votes the merrier.

Surfr
    Free Member

Right. I’ve joined. My flickr account has been awfully stagnant of late and I desperately need to be taking more creative photos instead of just riding snaps from the compact.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/surfr/ is me. and I’ll be starting tomorrow.

redthunder
    Free Member

simonralli2
    Free Member

Brill – make sure you do post something tomorrow guys so I can have a goosey gander as I am off on Saturday and wont be back on line till end of August!

soma_rich
    Free Member

So how do most people upload their pics? From a phone or do you do a proper card to PC to web upload every day? or is it best to do a batch of 7 once a week?

jimmy

Oh, and my photo of my karaoke friend Danielle is now the clear winner in the most clicked on pic of my set today. No idea why!

nice chebs?

STATO
    Free Member

I have a few cameras i use so tend to do a batch upload to a computer every few days, then upload the ones i like whenever i have time. Sometimes this means i upload my ‘day’ everyday, sometimes i dont upload for a week. I dont always post my shots to the 365 gallery either, just cheery pick the nicer ones. I still have my personal 365 gallery so people can look at the rubbish ones if they want :0)

Rich.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I was hoping that Rich. I should be able to get an upload once a week. Just need to sort out a Flikr account with an allowance for 365 images is there any way to get it for free?

STATO
    Free Member

nah you have to pay im affraid, TBH its pretty cheap ($25per year) and ive found im getting my moneys worth as i use it a lot to share photos and host photos for items im selling on the classifieds. And its about a gazzilion times better than fotopic!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Soma Rich – most people are using cameras (as opposed to camera phone pics). I guess they just have a lead that plugs the camera into their PCs.

Some people post daily, some post 3 or 4 pics in one go, and some people may post a week’s worth if they have been on holiday.

If money is a bit tight right now you could open 2 free Flickr accounts and do it that way – simple!

Jimmy – yeah – there’s a few nices lasses in that set, in particular the lass with the angel wings 🙂

Stato – I upload everything, sparing the group nothing. It’s one of the joys. A bit like karaoke is best when sung a tad badly as that is the point. Pics of people in bed with their camera phones just as they were about to forget to take a pic before 12pm. It’s a fab group and it’s not just about the fab days. If it was I’d have maybe posted about 10 pics max by now!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘One Photo Every Day – half way there!’ is closed to new replies.