Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Online Shopping Rant
  • Thomohawk
    Free Member

Hey!

Anyone had any problems with Wiggle recently…?

I usually use CRC, UK Bike Store, and Pedal On and regularly experience rapid delivery times and an allround excellent customer service. However, I recently placed my first order with wiggle for a pair or ODI grips (only because CRC never had them in stock), item description was 'Graphite with grey clamps' – perfect! 😀

Order was placed late sunday night (13/12) and so would expect it to be processed the following day. Sure enough, email arrives saying my order has been receieved, processed, and despatched, 2 working days… blah blah blah… again, perfect! 😀 Here's where it all starts to go wrong. 🙄 I had to wait until the friday (18/12) for the item to arrive to my office…(I know it's no big deal) now that I can deal with given the time of the year, but when I opened the box and found black grips I knew things were gonna become a complete ball ache. 😐 Went through the online returns process and sent them back Saturday with completed form explaining the problem with the colour and that could I have the replacement grips sent to my home address please – job done. 8)

Message arrives today… we have your returned item and are processing your request yadda yadda yadda… just got another message saying the new grips have been despatched – to my f***ing office!! 🙄 Which closes for 2 weeks starting tomorrow, so the posty will hold the mail until we re-open on the 5th….

I've just sepnt the last half hour trying to find a telephone number for wiggle, and have resorted to sending them messages asking them to contact me (with no response)…. and if I get one more automated message from them thanking me for contacting them, I think I'll be off to A&E to deal with a broken hand from repeatedly beating my screen to bits!!

So… anyone ever managed to speak to anyone at Wiggle??

Needless to say…. that's the last time I'll be using them!

Thomo (off to order from CRC, who now have the item back in stock! :?)

thomthumb
    Free Member

try this

spooky_b329

Just reorder, then return the grips when your office opens 🙂 Remember to ask them to refund your return postage costs seeing as it was an error their end, they have done this for us before.

Thomohawk
    Free Member

Thomthumb – Cheers for that buddy! 🙄

allthepies
    Free Member

I ordered some stuff from on-one on Saturday noting their website claims:-

Free UK delivery – until Christmas

As part of our goal to offer the best value in the business, we’re trialling Free delivery in the UK.
    What’s the deal??

Free delivery on all UK orders (excluding channel islands)
    Same day dispatch on all orders before 3pm. Next day delivery.
    All goods are sent by courier, so you get tracking and Royal Mail beating service.

Get a call today letting me know that an item I ordered is out of stock (website still showing stock as I type). And order still hasn't gone out. Ho hum, still I don't *need* the stuff pronto so no worries but disappointed with the overall experience ™ 😉

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I ordered from On One at 4pm on Friday, so obviously too late for their 'pre 3pm' / next day delivery thing. It went out Monday, arrived at work today. Spot on.

Also, CRC have been superb – ordered some custom wheels, they got built up last week, sent ParcelForce 48 yesterday, arrived this afternoon – a day early! Both company's communication has been spot on – real people, quick, efficient responses. Naturally, I'll be buying from them both again.

Thomohawk
    Free Member

"communication has been spot on – real people, quick, efficient responses"

Yep, that's what I needed…. can't help but feel a quick 30 second phonecall would have sorted all this out. Instead I'll be avoiding them and telling folks about my experience.

Bit anal, but I emailed CRC a while back asking how similar the blue ODI clamps are to the blue hope stuff… the boy actually went and got one of each, removed them from the packaging, took a digi photo at his desk and sent me the pic… all within half an hour of me sending the original request. I thought that was quality service!! FWIW – the blues are a good match! 😉

Happy shopping folks! 😆

TheSanityAssassin

*whispers*
    Don't tell Thomo about the card scamming fiasco that Wiggle denied responsibility for….

Thomohawk
    Free Member

Awesome…! 🙄

Thought I'd try that google thing that Thomthumb put me onto and found this

I'll be keeping a close eye on the bank account then! 😐

Cheers for the heads up.

Thomohawk
    Free Member

Fair play to the guys at wiggle… got an apology email this morning explaining why they overlooked my address instructions – busy with Christmas 🙄 At least they never blamed it on the snow eh!

Anyway, second set of grips despatched to my home address today and I've not to return the first set when i get my hands on them in January… bonus!

May consider them in the future… if CRC don't have what I want. 😉

Thomo.

takisawa2

Wiggle.
    Two helmets ordered Sunday night. (free delivery option).
    Arrived Tuesday.
    My mistake, (were too toddler size – too small).
    Replacements ordered Tuesday night. (free delivery option).
    Arrived Thursday.
    Originals sent back Thursday.
    Refund credited Friday.

Cant fault them.

allthepies
    Free Member

Still no on-one stuff here from Saturday's order.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

man walks into bike shop says can I have that, man in bike shop says yes, man pays & walks out with goods.

Simple

Man likes level of service and returns to local bike shop builds up a good working relationship gets discount problem solved

Thomohawk
    Free Member

That's $h!t£ mate…. keep at them, and tell them other Cos are offering freebies!! 😆

Hope you get your oder soon!

Thomohawk
    Free Member

Mike – Man sits on the train heading home around mid day surfing the web…. places an order for shiny new bike bits, gets home around 7pm. Up the next morning, into the office for 8am, posty arrives around 10am – new shiny bike bits get brought to my desk by the office hottie…. Simples! 8)

Drac

Sounds like you've been unlucky they're normally very good as are CRC.

Man walks into bike shop and says I would like some grip please in grey. "Sorry we only have black but can get them middle of next week." Man walks out of bike shop without item and has to wait ages to get the item. He goes back the following week. "Hi, I've to come to collect the grips I ordered." "Your name is? "Smith" "Sorry can't find your order who did you speak to?" "Think he was called Jim" "Jim? He only works here on Saturdays probably to busy and forgot to order, I can order some now if you want." Simple.

Thomohawk
    Free Member

Inclined to agree with you Drac, however my LBS are awesome!

Friendly bunch, always make you welcome and look after me and the misses just fine. Last thing I ordered through them was a Hope rotor, pinged the manager an email with the part number asking if they can get them… his response was something along the lines 'That's it ordered, be here tomorrow! P.s. Bring me buiscuits!' Next day, the GF dropped in to pick it up, cheeky wee discount – Sorted! 😀

Drac

Of course there is some cracking bike shops with exceptional service but to think there all like that is like thinking all online companies are fantastic.

Thomohawk
    Free Member

Exactly… a mixture of reliable online companies for the convenience factor and a top quality LBS you can trust and rely on is what we all need.

Drac

Well summed up there.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Online Shopping Rant’ is closed to new replies.