Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • ooohhh I want to ride downhill now…
  • nasher
    Free Member

Juan

I ws helping Roberto Vernassa build two brand new supremes, an orange and a green one…. I want a DH bike!!!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How about we put this on a retro flavour…

Woody
    Free Member

there's not many dh bikes that don't look ugly!

If you buy a bike because it looks 'cool' you're a tart. Bike are meant to be ridden. And for DH bikes it's function before form in any cases.

Ahem !

…..and yes, I have one in my garage 😳

juan
    Free Member

Nasher the prices are on the pictures. The kona is bargainastic (price is on the pic) and it might even be your size 😉

forge197
    Free Member

Woody what is that and what is it like to ride?

Woody
    Free Member

It's a Trek Pro Issue DH from '99. I've only ridden it for about an hour 10 years ago as I couldn't get a rear brake to fit and I just never got around to building it up properly. Apparently it was designed for a Hope C2 with a specific adaptor !

It felt very plush – 8" rear travel and originally had a Boxer 125mm which was the bollox at the time.

It's definitely indestructable (swing arm alone must weigh 10-12 lbs). One day I'll rebuild 'The Ugliest Bike in the World' 😉

Some reviews HERE ON MTBR

Woody
    Free Member

Ooooh ! Just seen on MTBR that a Hayes 8" fits – might build it up for a laugh as I think I've still got the original XTR chainset and MRP? chaincage 😆

forge197
    Free Member

Woody that's excellent be worth finding a brake and then taking it to CwnCarn and doing the uplift day. 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

LOL I'm sure the frame could handle it – not so sure about the rider 😆

juan
    Free Member

Come on woody do it. 😀

ash

Juan, are the Commencal and Kona in Alticoop right now?

What ENDURO 😉 bikes do they have in there right now?

nasher
    Free Member

juan

you coming over to San Romolo monday?

forge197
    Free Member

Juan agree we need to see the Trek on the DH trails would love to see how it handles next to newer kit.

flamejob
    Free Member

original XTR chainset and MRP? chaincage

chaincage… snigger

forgotmename
    Free Member

Ive also got a trek dh pro in the shed, from 97 ithink, its a beast, a real aggro type of ride, that will go over anything, it has 6,7 or 8 inches of travel, i used mine last about 5 yrs ago at chicksands and its fantastic, im gonna put some lyrics on it and see how it rides, when they came out 6inch forks were dh forks, so i think lyrics will be cool.

juan
    Free Member

Ash enduro bike right now available:
    Meta 5.5 or meta 6, Scott genius or randsom, Kona cadabra or kona dawg.

Nasher not sure yet. I might just come at the end of your day to have a chat with you though. If not I'll call the italy number (is it a landline?)

Juan

Woody
    Free Member

Forge

I'll let you know if I get round to building it up again.

nasher
    Free Member

My number is a mobile.

you can call me on skype

Woody
    Free Member

forgetmename

From what you've said I'm even more tempted to build it up. I've got some Nixons @140mm which should be spot on + Hayes 200mm discs. What are you using for a rear brake ?

forge197
    Free Member

Thanks Woody

forgotmename
    Free Member

Ive still got original hayes, and an old hope system, but i cant find the adapter for that at the mo, i used to love the way the bike made you want to really hit things fast, i would like to take it to the alps for a proper ride 1 day. I called the bike "the gate". I had 1 of my worst offs on it at wendover in 97, i had a bruise the same shape as the frame all over my tummy and chest, and a black cock and balls too, funnily enough a fond memory! Im going to build it up asap now, il post a picture when done.

Woody
    Free Member

Im going to build it up asap now, il post a picture when done.

Excellent 😉

flamejob
    Free Member

It sounds like some older 200mm Boxxers with softer than normal springs would be good on it. They can be picked up for a song too as every kid on the block won't be seen with them on his bike this year.

Post pics!

Woody
    Free Member

A lot of sag might work with those. I had Junior T's @ 150mm on them and they seemed about right. I very nearly bought some ZZZYZX's on fleabay a couple of years ago with this frame in mind which would have looked wicked 8)

flamejob
    Free Member

I am tempted to say I should organise a STW Malaga DH trip. Come ride the sun!

forge197
    Free Member

flamejob that would be cool 😀

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘ooohhh I want to ride downhill now…’ is closed to new replies.