Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Opera for iPhone thoughts…….
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I quite like Safari on the iPhone, but not being on 3g at home and I can't always be bothered switching on the wifi, it can be a little slow to load all the images.
    Opera on the other hand seems blisteringly quick if you switch 'load images' off – this works really well for reading the forums on here.
    Maybe in its next incarnation they can make the on-screen buttons a little less clunky.
    Other than that, pretty cool 🙂

Drac

Not tried it yet but with that feature may be worth a look.

clubber
    Free Member

Seems alright but I can't say that it's made me think it's worth using instead of Safari though if you could change the default browser then I might consider it (since links in emails and so on always open in Safari).

Why would you switch your wifi off at home?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Why would you switch your wifi off at home?

I don't switch it off, it's not usually on to save battery life and it annoys me to have to do 5 taps to just to switch it on/off. I know it's a bit crap of me but I just don't see why they couldn't allow an app to toggle the wifi on/off without jailbreaking the phone 🙁

Anyhoo, Opera certainly fills a gap for mostly low bandwidth, text only browsing (i.e. most forums) until Safari has the option to not load images.

But for the majority of my browsing I'll still stick with Safari.

clubber
    Free Member

Right, thought you meant you were switching off your router at home!

I just leave my wifi on all the time (on the phone)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Opera for iPhone thoughts…….’ is closed to new replies.