Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Orange five & Blackspire stinger
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Just ordered a stinger for my 2010 five. Done some googling afterwards and a few people are having issues with the roller not lining up with the (what was middle) ring – now biggest ring.

I presume I just need to swap the drive side spacer for the stinger?

Has anyone here fitted one or had any issues with them?

DaveE

Have just fitted one to mine but have a few issues with chain rubbing on guide when on granny ring on the large section of roller,
    Have not tested in anger yet but will do soon.
    Let me know how you get on.
    Dave

carbon337
    Free Member

Dave did you have problems with the superstar one? I remember your email address from when you had sent me pics?

The problem I have read about seems to be the chain not falling into the groove on roller properly – as in the roller is just not quite out from the bike enough.

DaveE

Seems to run ok when on middle ring.
    Just catching slightly on granny.
    What cranks are you running. Mine are Raceface evolve looks like distance between middle and granny may differ.
    Plan to measure but other bike runs 1X9.
    Dave

.duncan
    Free Member

are there any chain devices known to work effectively with doubles on a five?

sailor74
    Free Member

black spires rub, nowt you can really do about it. E thirteens fare better although they do rub a little in the granny ring and the first couple of gears.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Not on a 5, its on a Santa Cruz heckler, 68mm shell. But I run Shimano Hone cranks with the blackspire stinger guide and it works fine. I've got the BB mounted version and it sits between the bb spacer and the frame. Works great. I'll get a pic if you want?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Orange five & Blackspire stinger’ is closed to new replies.