Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 369 total)
  • Overzealous modding again.
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

This may well be a suicide note ‘cos I know the rules but the point needs to be made IMO. I know it was debated a few days ago but its still going on. Overzealous use of bannings and far too variable standards.

Elfinsafety got banned again – for starting a thread ripping the piss out of me. Nothing racist sexist, no swearing. It might even have been amusing.

GW got banned for a post that was left on the thread – the dumped thread. Less offensive IMO than other posts on there. No warning, he has no previous, just a ban. the post was still there when I looked earlier.

Its the inconsistency thats hard to take. Some folk get away with quite unpleasant stuff, others get banned for something inconsequential

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fresh pot of coffee here, may even have some biccies if you like….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Some folk get away with quite unpleasant stuff, others get banned for something inconsequential

It’s not the zealousness that’s the problem, it’s the inconsistency. However, it’s their playpen, their rules 🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Let’s face it the SingleTrackWorld is a better place without him.

TeddyBare
    Free Member

I agree with TJ.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

TSY -Elf or GW?

Elf has been a positive contributor to the forum recently IMO – he has been a pain in the past but has calmed right down

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Elf spends a lot of his time seeking out, and starting arguments. The other 10% of the time I love him.

I’ll borrow his pub analogy… he is an essential member of the STW pub… propping up the bar. A lot of the time though I think people just want to sneak past him, grab a drink and get out back to the pool room before he tries to put them down or start an argument with them for nothing. Guess that’s why the landlord likes to let him know that it’s not his stool.

They’ve not noticed me smoking reefas out back for ages.

TeddyBare
    Free Member

Actually, to be fair, given that the mods are trying to promote a forum where people don’t “rip the piss” out of each other and where everything is lovely in the sunny garden that is STW World because they are, apparently, “sick of the same old people arguing with each other”, it’s not surprising.

Peace.

MSP

I have had a warning for suggesting an “owning with bombers” and “pissing in their shoes”, must be two of the most used phrases on here.

As above its the inconsistency, and to a certain point lack of explanation behind the decisions

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes the modding is pretty random, I guess that’s life, you could petition for Judicial Review?

I’ve got warnings for silly stuff, theey seem to want to keep an eye on the big hitters here. GW can be pretty offensive too (and not just to me)

Oh I think I remember now, TJ is blocking my posts 🙁

clubber
    Free Member

I think I’d get on very well with Elfy in the real world. On here I’m afraid to say that I find him and his behaviour (and sorry, this applies to you too TJ and others) a distructive presence overall as he’s clearly simply looking for an argument as that seems to be the main aspect of this site (and maybe others) that he enjoys. His other posts are great and at times very funny it’s just a shame that the negatives outweigh them.

EDIT, on further reflection, it probably is fair to say that Elfy has been much better recently. It’s a shame how past behaviour is hard to forget though.

molgrips
    Free Member

I do not consider Elf to be looking for an argument at all. He seems to me to be simply highly principled and offended by inconsistency and immorality. His contributions have been excellent lately imo.

However I’m not saying any more because it’s against the rules.

toys19
    Free Member

Well I can see why the mods might get peed off with GW and Elf, personally I enjoy their posts, but I agree its random as there are others who should have been banned for worse and havent.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I agree with TJ.

The bit I don’t like is their reference to “Our” forum, as in

‘This is our playpen and we’re only shareing out toys because mummy says we have to, so sit there, be quiet and click on the adverts’

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s not the zealousness that’s the problem, it’s the inconsistency. However, it’s their playpen, their rules

If I was in control, you would get banned so friggin’ hard, your feet wouldn’t touch the ground.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jamie – i’d have already banned you.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

clubber – Member

I think I’d get on very well with Elfy in the real world. On here I’m afraid to say that I find him and his behaviour (and sorry, this applies to you too TJ and others) a distructive presence overall

fair comment – but its then inconsistent. with the modding.

I do try not to be destructive but clearly to some folk I am

TeddyBare
    Free Member

I wonder what a completely unregulated forum would look like?

Is it possible that the mods are trying to make it fit in with their image of what STW should be?

That is to say – Branding!!! Over to TJ, there…

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie – i’d have already banned you.

That goes without saying, TSY.

DezB
    Free Member

Can every poster to this thread be banned please.

convert

I got a warning with I think my 2nd or 3rd post back after coming back here after a year or three away after the hack. I use exactly the same phase a few days ago (just to feel the water you understand!) and it went through no bother. I guess it depends if it gets reported or not….

Re Elf – seems an nice enough bloke if a bit argumentative at times. I just wish he would not feel moved to type in mockney or whatever the hell he thinks it is. He seems too bright to need that crutch.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’d defintitely have banned Teddy Bare…

binners

Ultimately, its all Jamie’s fault. Him and his bloomin’ eggs

yunki
    Free Member

you want offensive..?

TeddyBare
    Free Member

How does TJ know that “Elfin got banned again”, by the way?

yunki
    Free Member

email I imagine..

yossarian
    Free Member

I reckon its time for a couple of elected mods to be honest, stop laughing at the back.

Its a pretty thankless task and its never going to be easy to understand the nuances of general debate and interaction between members unless you are on here all the time. Which I guess the mods aren’t.

RustySpanner

Big hitters?

Emotional pygmies would be more accurate for some of you. 😀
    Get a grip.

I love some of the passion shown in the debates on here, but some of the nastiness is well out of order.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Teddy Bare – Member
    How does TJ know that “Elfin got banned again”, by the way?

All part of the Omniscience that is the Teej

TeddyBare
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member
    I’d defintitely have banned Teddy Bare…

Mum’s da woid.

yossarian
    Free Member

I love some of the passion shown in the debates on here, but some of the nastiness is well out of order.

can’t get one without the other IMO

yunki
    Free Member

is there £5 on elfs next incarnation then..? looks too easy doesn’t it..?

yesiamtom
    Free Member

I barely ever post but occasionally make posts to try and wind people up, i doubt it ever works. The thing is, because my post count is so low im not a recognised person and as such i think i get away with it ALL THE TIME.

hilldodger
    Free Member

yossarian – Member
    I reckon its time for a couple of elected mods to be honest, stop laughing at the back.

Let’s be fair here, the ‘usual suspects’ know full well what triggers a Mod lockdown.
    Perhaps if the wind ups and shadow linings were a bit less persistent than everyone would have a more pleasant forum experience….

…over to the ‘big hitters’ on this one 🙄

mcboo
    Free Member

Is Elfin a renamed Rudeboy from a year or two ago?

santacoops
    Free Member

My paternity leave finishes a week today so if anyone wants to ban me then it would probably ensure i don’t get the sack for posting on here in work! Thanks in advance. 😆

yossarian
    Free Member

Let’s be fair here, the ‘usual suspects’ know full well what triggers a Mod lockdown.

yeah I guess, and much humour can be had from steering the ship upto that line. Thats where good and appropriate modding comes in. The consistency and humourous element of moderation has disappeared from the forum, whether thats down to a shift in policy or personnel I don’t know.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Why Jimmers? What did I frickin do? 😕

As for the swear filter…even that word beginning with f, rhyming with deck (and derivatives thereof) is banned.

molgrips
    Free Member

Is Elfin a renamed Rudeboy from a year or two ago?

Are you the last person on the forum to know this? 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Ooops wrong thread.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 369 total)

The topic ‘Overzealous modding again.’ is closed to new replies.