Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pain on the bike this morning?
  • ton

rode in this morning.
    on hills and when pedaling hard i got a nast pain in my chest.
    this was mated with a strange feeling in my throat/mouth.
    it has gone now, but i feel shocking…….never had it before.

any idea’s.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Pneumonia?

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

If it was cold it might have been the influx of cold air on your inner chesticles

meehaja
    Free Member

probably cold air, but maybe a trip to the GP for a check up anyway, could probably do with a quick ecg/ BP check etc (though snapshots are pretty useless unless the pain is present at that time.) If it happens again, stop doing whatever you are doing, if it doesn’t pass within about a minute, or you feel sweaty/scared/short of breath/arm pain/jaw pain associated back pain and the pain isn’t alleviated or made worse by moving or taking a deep breath then its ambulance time. I know I always encourage people to go see the GP rather than call 999, but if there’s one thing the ambulance service does well its 12 lead ECG’s while the patient is still in pain, and though not prefect, or a full diagnosis, this can go a long way towards establishing wether the pain is from your heart or something else.

But, twas probably just cold air.

ton

i thought cold air, or trapped air inside…
    no arm or jaw aches…thank god.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

as per Meehaja

If this hasn’t happened before – came on when you exercised, and settled within a few minutes of stopping – you need to be seen and have an ECG today to decide whether you can wait for a chest pain clinic appointment or need admission now.

If it lasted >15 minutes – or you still have any residual discomfort in your chest/neck or throat phone 999 for an ambulance NOW.

I am absoluteley not joking here.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

PS – it is more likely it will be cold air, but it is also likely that you won’t come to any harm with one go at Russian Roulette. Do not ignore this – you need to prove it is not cardiac.

nickc

Hearburn?

ton

rode home last night, and in again this morning…………same feeling when putting any effort in.
    i think it may be a chest infection, doctors booked tonight.

U31
    Free Member

When he’s dead, i’m bagsieing his bike.
    And wife.

ivantate
    Free Member

That was quick!

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

good luck at the doc’s ton, I’m sure it will be fine

mart

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Pain on the bike this morning?’ is closed to new replies.