• This topic has 46 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ojom.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Pentlands ride tomorrow.
  • ojom
    Free Member

Merry boxing day to you

Onion n I are organising (loose description) a wee ride tomorrow in the Pentlands. The route will be made up depending on the state of the snow.

Still suffering from a minor chest infection so it will be a relaxed pace.

Anyone up for coming then let us ken, ken.

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

I've never ridden with you lot before but if your happy for a random to tag along then i'd appreciate the ride.

ojom
    Free Member

yay!

details of where n when will follow. what part of town are you in?

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Leith, 2 mins from you lot on the bike.

ojom
    Free Member

Well we will be leaving from our homes so shall i meet you on the WOL on the aquaduct above the brickyard/vistors centre here http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&q=lanark+road+edinburgh&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Lanark+Rd,+Edinburgh,+United+Kingdom&ei=PAE2S-q6N5Su4QaYzbmqCA&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA&ll=55.923558,-3.249432&spn=0.001428,0.00434&t=h&z=18

at 10am and we will ride up to meet onion and others?

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Okay, i'll see you there. I'll be on a black P7.

ojom
    Free Member

ok dokey. i will be on a zesty with an exceptional amount of dirt on it and perhaps a front brake problem. this depends on whether or not my 'at home with no tools' fix goes ok… otherwise i may be on an uncomfotable yeti 4x…

Liftman

I was thinking of heading up the Pentlands tomorow, any details on what route your planning on doing, i could be the other random tag along.

ojom
    Free Member

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=221160075769&ref=nf

here ya go.

no route planned yet. might be up to the day to decide.

Liftman

Is that meeting on the canal path on the aquaduct or on the path alongside the water of leith under the aquaduct.

druidh
    Free Member

On the aqueduct

Northwind

I was up for a wee bit today and it's a bit deadly 😀 I'll be up tomorrow but not sure when, afternoon probably but I'll keep my eyes open for you. Take it easy though, there's been enough of a thaw to make things iffy, good fun though when it works.

Kit
    Free Member

Work commands I attend tomorrow to clean up after messy idiots. My one ride these 'holidays' may be at Drumlanrig on Monday, hoorah!

Northwind

After my talk of thaws, snow's back on in currie 8)

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Afternoon lads, sorry about this morning. Took a big spill on the last patch of ice in the city at hit a car. Have a very sore arse and a lump on my head but the bikes ok and thats all that matters really.

Will endevour to meet up with you all next time your out. I'm very keen to do the regular Wednesday thing, if thats still happening?

druidh
    Free Member

No problemo – hope you're OK.

It was very silly.

ojom
    Free Member

OW sorry to here that – we wondered if you had bailed or something! Looks like it was something.

Got to be one of the daftest days on a bike…

Thomohawk
    Free Member

"Got to be one of the daftest days on a bike…"

… Glad I only picked up your facebook invite thingy half an hour ago then. 😛

Where's the pics??

coogan
    Free Member

All I can heard now is the pitter patter sound of my bike defrosting.

ojom
    Free Member

Can i just add that a electric heater pointed at your toes with a dressing gown, glass of wine and mince pies constitute a great way to warm up!

Scott – only 3 pics – on FB.

Poets glen is fun in the snow. The wall is confirmed as solid stone mind so just bear that in mind…

druidh
    Free Member

I think there might be a smear of red Goretex about half way down that wall….

Dougal
    Free Member

Was up on Christmas Eve. Carried for over an hour at one point, stopped to dig a 2-man snow-shelter, and sledged on a survival bag for a bit. Pretty ace.

The most worrying bit was meeting two 14yo (ish) kids in trackies and trainers, with no hats, gloves, or anything else. They asked where Black Hill was, I told them, and tried to warn we were the only people through back-glen that day, and there was no visibility. This didn't phase them at all.

druidh
    Free Member

Red and green.

What were you thinking?

robgarrioch

Think there might be a ride later in the week? Might just be me being old / grumpy, but have no intention of having any hangovers (how 'bout a sledge-tow ride to capelaw?)
    P.S. TBC – wot's yer helmet range like a.t.m.? (double entendre permitting). Be down through the week to flash my ST subscribers card! Possibly.

ojom
    Free Member

We have a full complement of MET at the moment. What are you after? `i can check stock right now…

robgarrioch

Have to try a few on – only vital is to have a central 'spine' that I can velcro my head-torch onto; been having to strap it to one side on my spesh road lid, leading to inevitable helmet-droop 😳 …

ojom
    Free Member

Ok, come and try some on and we will see what works, bring your torch to try out as well. We will be open Mon, Tues and Wed. 9:30-6pm.

Liftman

That was one of the more 'interesting' runs today.

Slowing thawing out now.

Thanks lads for letting me tag along, never done that route before.

ojom
    Free Member

It were a little and not very 'interesting' route but there seemed to be a few impediments to progress…

did anyone else think the old farmer sitting on a quad bike on a mobile in a blizzard was a bit odd?

DrT
    Free Member

It looked like it would have been fun in the snow earlier. I managed a wee spin in the Pentlands yesterday:-

Was a wee bit cold though, stop for too long and this is what could happen:-

:0

robgarrioch

see what works

Will get down for a rummage through your wares Mark, liking the MET Terra on t'internet…
    Might post up for a bike / sledge combo ride once we're back in the 'hood, coupled with a 'who's got the best quality hip-flask contents' comp… Hoegaarden doesn't travel that well though 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

the 'system' says we have Terras so thats all good.

It is a nice one, on my list for when my Xen dies.

See you in the shoppe.

Northwind

Just in myself, only 2 minor crashes 😳 Good fun for the novelty but I wouldn't want to do it again tomorrow! Raced some kids on sledges, saw a skier on the kirkgate… Good day. My legs are dead though.

druidh
    Free Member

Aye – I've just been clearing the drive and realised I was a lot more tired than I should be for a ride of that distance. The best bit was the road from Currie Kirk back to Harlaw Road 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

me 3. weird how much the snow drains you.

Northwind

Mmm, microwaved chocolate fudge Frijj.

ojom
    Free Member

what you mean to say is… Mmm, chilled Innis and Gunn.

Northwind

Yes, because what I need right now is something cold, to finish me off…

Smee
    Free Member

High 5s TBC and saunters over to fridge to get some I&G.

ojom
    Free Member

NW you need your girlfriends dressing gown and a fan heater. There, problem solved NOW GET THE BEERS IN!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Pentlands ride tomorrow.’ is closed to new replies.