Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • pentlands this week Wed night ride. with beer.
  • ojom
    Free Member

Morning

Bonaly shop at 7 for the weekly spin. Fancy some dreghorn climbing? Bring waterproof it will be damp!

Beer is ready in my garage for return leg.

Mark

Kit
    Free Member

I can't make Wednesday due to work (again) but I am out on Thursday night for my final 'ride from work' night ride, due to finishing up my job.

If anyone wants to join me, I can be at the Bonaly shoppe for 6pm.

Cheers!

robgarrioch

Looks like it's just thee & me then Mark… Good news is my sparkling repartee gets even better with an alcohol glow on :mrgreen:

(presuming I'm back from work in decent time)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm BEER!

coastkid
    Free Member

mind the iorn brew for us driving 😉
    should make it,and bring paul(stanfree) if he is home from londin 😮

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Hopefully make this one but if it's really peeing down… i might not.

stanfree
    Free Member

Yup Bruce Home from that there London , Just awaiting getting my bike back from the shop. 3 weeks without a ride (Fnarr fnarr) should see me struggle like buggery up Dreghorn. Will lights be required as thee nights are "Drawiiing In " as they say up North.?

coastkid
    Free Member

welcome back to the land of fresh air and uncycled water paul,you`ve missed some great sideways rain!

bawbag
    Free Member

I might join you Kit if the offer's still open. Might be at Glentress tomorrow so Thursday would be good for me.

Northwind

Going to have to miss this one

JamieMc
    Free Member

Im moving up to Peebles in a few weeks, cant wait to tag along on the thebikechain ridouts. See you all sometime!

Kit
    Free Member

Chris, drop me an email – I'm up for meeting.

Cheers,
    Kit

jimmy

Should be out Wednesday night. Need fresh air after a looooooooooong weekend in the office.

senojevad
    Free Member

As a total newbee to the area I hope to attend, but was just wondering if parking around there is safe just incase I finish in time to ride over?
    Cheers
    Dave

stanfree
    Free Member

Seno Parking is perfectly safe either around Bonaly shop or further up the hail at the Bonaly country park car park.

vooomvooom
    Free Member

I'll be there:)

13thfloormonk

Hopefully myself and a friend should make it along too, you meeting at TBC shop before hand or are we just congregating at Bonaly?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hopefully at teh TBC shop as I am riding out from leith

ojom
    Free Member

You can meet at the shop as usual.

I am off so will be starting from up here in bonaly.

euanr
    Free Member

I'll be there. See you all at Bonaly.

jimmy

I'll be going home first then heading up so will see folk at Bonally shop for 7ish.

trail_rat
    Free Member

smee wants directions to bonaly shop mark !

jimmy

Its where the two bus stops are in the centre of this map;

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=55.901322,-3.25927&spn=0.005383,0.016479&z=17

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Trailrat GR 213 683 I think

I'll be riding out so will call in at the shop for 6

robgarrioch

TandemJeremy – Member

Trailrat NT 213 683 I think

😉

ojom
    Free Member

Weather looking good from up here in torphin.

There should be enough beer I think for one each. Fingers crossed.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

One? One? ONE!!!"!!

kennyp
    Free Member

if parking around there is safe

The nearest you'll get to serious crime around there is someone serving the wrong type of wine with the salmon!

mieszko
    Free Member

Great, great ride, ridden a completely new (to me) bit of trail and a great beer in a garden to finish. I`ve got some pics from the ride, nothing too fancy as they were taken with a mobile phone but here it goes:

It was steeper than it looks in the pictures but still some guys managed to smile for the camera 😉

Other people had proper cameras so looking forward for other pictures. Again thanks to everyone for a great ride and to Mark for organising it.

All pics are HERE if anyone wants higher resolution ones. Feel free to download them from the album.

Cheers

stanfree
    Free Member

Yup another great TBC Pentlands ride. Nice to meet a few new faces (Miezko Im the one you captured pushing up Castlelaw 😳 ). Cheers to Rob for the excellent route , the diversion of Dreghorn was brilliant and I would probably never have found It. Cheers to Coast kid for the lift as usual , Mark for the beer and the rest of guys for the company. I'll be up for next week then have a couple of horrible shifts at work the following two weeks so will be absent.

What happens when the nights put a stop to proceedings?. Does It become TBC night rides or TBC Sundays.

Rob I'll buy the bike carrier off you as Im paid a week on Friday and It would be great for my wee Toyota Yaris , Let us know what your wanting for It.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

What happens when the nights put a stop to proceedings?. Does It become TBC night rides or TBC Sundays.

Who knows? I would have said its a bit anarchic but its not that well organised
    We did ride quite a bit thru the winter on wed nights.

robgarrioch

Great, great ride

Agreed Mieszko, especially the end-beer, that's the way to top off a ride. My photos aint great, trying to be too clever with my settings I think… Anyway, some of the crop –

A well-chosen s'speed set-up…

I think Paul's used to posing for the camera…

(photopage)

I'll be knackered tomorrow, but the self-satisfied type so you know it was worth it! Good night.

coastkid
    Free Member

waiting on flickr uploading,great nights folks 😮
    once again hats off to Rob for a great route,every week is never the same!, nice beer too Mark,all the best in your new gaff…
    oh how safe is Bonaly?,returned to car to find i had left the keys in the car door!…for 3 hours! 😯 pics soon…

13thfloormonk

Oi! Rob are you pimping out Cox's encounter? I'm gonna get kneecapped by the uni crowd if they find out it was me who did the telling 😯

coastkid
    Free Member
    ojom
    Free Member

Thanks chaps. Good evening out as always.

Jazzy had a great time meeting you all in the garden. He had a wee nap to calm down.

Frikkin love riding bikes.

Kit
    Free Member

I'll be out tonight if anyone's joining me. I'll wait at the Bonaly shop for 5 minutes or so at 6pm. Here's hoping the rain stays orf.

robgarrioch

if they find out it was me

I wont tell if you don't Ian 😉 I'm calling it 'Shearie Knowe', on account of the wee knoll at the end…

Got Monday 16 Aug off & planning some recce riding between there – allermuir / hillend if anyone else is off. Hoping for some magical undiscovered s'track frolics (maybe with the unicorns & elves amongst the bracken… is it 'shroom season yet?)

Wont make it for your one Kit, but it's drier up there than expected after the weekend deluge.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Rob – I was having a look last night – there did appear to be some interesting trails up that way. I have ridden some years ago

jimmy

Yeah really good ride. Started off thinking "Same old route" but then going down Maiden's and back via Dreghorn way was ace, especially in the evening sunlight. Just what was needed for me…

Photos will follow when I get chance.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘pentlands this week Wed night ride. with beer.’ is closed to new replies.