Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PeterPoddy's poploc conversion guide?
  • .duncan
    Free Member

I've seen rumors of this all over the web and since i managed to snap the poploc lever on my shorts during my first ride on these forks i've decided to do away with the whole poploc thing.

So, can anyone link or email me the guide he did to go from poploc to standard compression adjustment. I believe it had part numbers and everything.

dickie
    Free Member

Just undo the damper with a spanner/socket (21mm ish), pull it out & unclip the spring. Then secure a small washer under the cable stop crub screw so you can turn the knob.

thomthumb
    Free Member

PP can we have links to the servicing ones too please. 😀

cheers

LoCo
    Free Member

Give me a shout if you need reasonably priced seal kits 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

These are the only other 2 I have done

Changing coil springs
    https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B1AoGIWBz4H1N2M0NDgyMjEtNjhhYi00NmYxLThiYTUtNzEyOTg0NmViYWM2&hl=en

Dual air travel adjustment
    https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B1AoGIWBz4H1M2E5ZTc0MTItNjM4NS00YjBiLWEwZDgtMjEyYTQ5NWZlMjc5&hl=en

They aren't servicing as such, because that would just be repeating what's on the SRAM site, but you can get the general idea of what to do from those. 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

it was changing springs i was after anyway.

cheers sir.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

it was changing springs i was after anyway.

Cool! 🙂

richcc
    Free Member

Peter – can you post a link to your Reba Dual setup guide that I've seen mentioned? Cheers

willv

Last time i sent my pikes (454 air) to TF they said they lubde the uturn assembly as i had mentioned a cli=unking noise at full extension.

Do i just let the air out and unscrew this bit to lube this up?

ta
    will

richcc
    Free Member

Thanks peter

daveaasmith
    Free Member

Interested to do this without buying the adjuster, and just re-using the existing blue dial – which I guess is what dickie is referring to?

Just undo the damper with a spanner/socket (21mm ish), pull it out & unclip the spring. Then secure a small washer under the cable stop crub screw so you can turn the knob

If so, can anyone explain further on the small washer under the cable stop grub screw?

Cheers, Dave.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PeterPoddy's poploc conversion guide?’ is closed to new replies.