Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Photos from Devon’s worst kept secret! (warning DH action)
  • xc-steve
    Free Member

Hello much like I’m sure everyone else on here I enjoy looking at peoples riding photos form the weekend. Well as I was racing Soggy Bottom on Sunday I had Sat off from riding so took some photos instead. The area’s Gawton in Devon its not officially open yet but its Devon’s answer to Cwmdown. Anyway enjoy! Sorry about the downhillness of it all mind!

Full album here: http://xc-steve.pinkbike.com/album/Gawton-Jan09/

sharki
    Free Member

Aye it’s better to ride though…
    And can all be ridden on an orange 5…..
    AJ trying to follow Sorrell

jam-bo

it is open although we haven’t had the offical opening yet. thats probably going to be on the easter weekend and should be quite a big do.

You have to a member of Woodland Riders to ride there (£25 a year) or have bought a day ticket from Dartmoor Cycles in Tavistock (01822 618178) for £5 (£8 for a weekend pass).

wwaswas

"Devon’s worst kept secret"

I was expecting another elbry thread…

sharki
    Free Member

I’ll try to be there Jim/.

richc
    Free Member

anyone got directions to the start of this? as I looks like a lot of fun

jam-bo

give dartmoor cycles a call and when you buy your day ticket they’ll give you directions. It’s near tavistock in devon.

richc
    Free Member

cool, thanks Jambo.

1 more question, is it rammed at the weekend? or is it fairly chilled out for people who want to session bits.

jam-bo

its fine. 30-40 riders for the last couple of weekends but its a pretty big hill so spreads people out. quite a hard track to session though. its easier to do full runs.

three tracks between 2-3 mins long.

record for the push up is 13 mins although most do it in about 25-30 mins.

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

record for the push up is 13 mins although most do it in about 25-30 mins.

Any plans for an uplift service?
    I have seen some vids on pinkbike and it looks like an awesome riding.

jam-bo

there are plans but waiting for BC to sort out there revised regulations before we commit to anything.

richc
    Free Member

how much is a weekend pass Jambo?

jam-bo

£8. That gets you access to our original site about five miles down the road. There is another 8 dh tracks there as well

nickc

Looks pretty cut up

chunkychew
    Free Member

Wet downhill track in “pretty cut up” shocker.

jam-bo

The cut up section was redug a week or so ago. We’ve had about eight inches of rain since then. It should be bedding in nicely…

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

jam bo – Member

£8. That gets you access to our original site about five miles down the road. There is another 8 dh tracks there as well

That’s a good value for money if you ask me. Even though you have to push it up, this track looks fun 🙂

acjim
    Free Member

looks great – that Rowan fella’s a bit swift isn’t he!

neilforrow

I have ridden here a few times now… and they have built a truely top notch set of DH tracks… worth making a trip for…

solamanda
    Free Member

Those tracks do look very good. Any locals know if there are cheap options to stay locally, cheapo hostels?

How long is the push up for an averagely unfit dh’er?

sharki
    Free Member

push up is about 25-30mins as for accomodation, dunno, not sure about hostels but loads of b&b about, the place i stay is cheap and bike friendly but no fried brekies and he takes me to cafes where the waitress serve with her tits out…… then we go out for beers and play old school pubs games like shove penny and and dominoes….

jam-bo

not sure about cheap hostels or the like but there are plenty of B&B’s. probably find somewhere cheap to stay in plymouth which is about 20 mins away.

drop me a line if you head down this way and i’ll see if i can find out more.

jam-bo

and heres another vid from there filmed yesterday…

http://vimeo.com/3050791

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Photos from Devon’s worst kept secret! (warning DH action)’ is closed to new replies.