Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 7,419 total)
  • Photos you have taken in the last month of which you are proud?
  • sofaking
    Free Member

[/url] church black and white hdr by matt hampshire, on Flickr[/img]

redthunder
    Free Member

annmarlow
    Free Member

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/33995581@N05/5422837495/]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5422837495_69b753bc6a.jpg%5B/img%5B%5D%5B/url%5D
    Polaris0009 by heronheads, on Flickr
    Not in the last month but only just found in a box.
    I know its not technically very good but the composition pleased me. Polaris Challenge Gallaway forest park, early 90s on a disposable.

annmarlow
    Free Member

arrgghhh
    why you not work

[/url]
    Polaris0009 by heronheads, on Flickr[/img]

Thats better

CountZero

Two nice shots from redthunder, and I like the fiddle player, lovely light in that one.
    <edit> Oh, and Andy, I thought you’d recognise that one, it’s a deliberate tribute, I just couldn’t manage the coloured bag. As it happens, I was surprised when I suddenly saw the wall over the other side of the road, and though, oh wow, that looks familiar! I’d forgotten your pic when I went to London and I decided to go to Tate Modern, and had to take a diversion because of work on the Tube line. Pure chance. </edit>

jamesca
    Free Member

DrP

A few of my best from my ‘one a day’ set..

Obviously, LittleP features quite heavily!

DrP

zokes
    Free Member

Been playing about with some presets in Lightroom, and not really made my mind up…

The full force of the ocean by Mark-Farrell, on Flickr

The waves crashed by Mark-Farrell, on Flickr

And some more conventional ones…

Paradise! by Mark-Farrell, on Flickr

The south coast by Mark-Farrell, on Flickr

Deep Creek Cove by Mark-Farrell, on Flickr

Morgan Bay by Mark-Farrell, on Flickr

It’s been a bit hot down here lately!

will
    Free Member

Red Thunder – That lost and found one is brilliant!

Few recent ones:

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Trying out my new GF2.

Ewan
    Free Member

From seqioa national park:

IMG_1883.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

IMG_1786.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

This was pretty cold…

IMG_1739.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

_tom_
    Free Member

Just decided to have a play around lighting with a wind-up torch. Turned out alright, but I think I may try again with something behind the guitar to light up the grille cloth/speakers as it just looks like I’ve cut the guitar out and placed over a black background!

hoodie
    Free Member

[/url]
    Jazzman by matzophotographic, on Flickr[/img]

hoodie
    Free Member

[/url]
    Exeter 02-11 027 by matzophotographic, on Flickr[/img]

hoodie
    Free Member

[/url]
    Exeter 02-11 014 by matzophotographic, on Flickr[/img]

hoodie
    Free Member

[/url]
    Exeter 02-11 010 by matzophotographic, on Flickr[/img]

Handsomedog
    Free Member

A couple from Hit the North 2.5 yesterday. Atmosphere after the finish was particularly good.

HitTheNorth by Ed Rollason Photography, on Flickr

JohnClimber
    Free Member
    IA

Was up at the SUS student champs at the weekend at Blairadam, quite a few I’m proud of, but I think this is the best:

Though I think there are a few good ones, see the set here.

All with a Panasonic G1, 14-45. The one up there ^ is @14mm, f5.6 ish, flash on low power about 6 foot up camera right, flash on 1/2 power about 10 foot away camera left. Low winter sunshine camera left 🙂

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

IA – I think the good people of STW need to experience your photo of Chris (in the orange jersey) getting crossed up out of the bombhole. That’s one of my favourites.

IA

Chris’s isn’t as good as Alex’s though – but I’ll let the public be the judge:

Chris:

Alex:

Tho Chris has good jump-face bonus points, Alex wins for getting it fully crossed IMO.

EDIT: as I know this thread attracts the photo geeks, these are again at 14mm on a G1, flash on about 1/3 power on a 6ft stand camera left to fill in the faces against backlight, and another flash camera right on 1/2 power to rimlight the riders a bit.

rOcKeTdOg
    TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Whatdayareckon?

Creg
    Amos
    Free Member

My daughter Amelie taking some comfort in her night light

The best bike I’ve owned!

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Alex wins for getting it fully crossed IMO.

I think that’s as far as Chris’ forks go before hitting the frame. 🙂

Cool pics though.

I love this thread. I promise to contribute one day…

coastkid
    Free Member

This as were the first to be in here since it was sealed off in late 1945 (after a bit digging) 😮
    Its not an Air raid shelter as originaly thought but an Aux Army Operations base (OB) we have now learned from an old boy in the nearby Town who served here…

007 by coastkid71, on Flickr

asherh
    Free Member

First attempt at a street shot:

Second, an umbrella hat seller in a bar on Tenerife:

comments on flickr would be very welcome!

adeward
    Free Member

link to the whole album ok the 12 pics[img][/img]my first go with my yashica medium format camera

sharki
    Free Member

I’ve barely got the camera out recently in anger. 🙁

So just a these that i sort of like.

legend
    Free Member

I’m absolutely rubbish at post-processing, but ho hum:

will
    Free Member

Last three days:

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

[img]http://images.fotopic.net/15f4r8.jpg[/img]

grumm
    Free Member

Was up at the SUS student champs at the weekend at Blairadam, quite a few I’m proud of, but I think this is the best:

But we all know you can’t shoot action shots with a M4/3 camera. 🙂

Nice – what are you using for your wireless flashes/triggers? Sorry if I’ve asked you this before.

Got woken up early this morning so I thought I might as well get out and try and catch the sunrise. It wasn’t that exciting but I got some ok shots.

Littledale Sunrise by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

IA

But we all know you can’t shoot action shots with a M4/3 camera.

Nice – what are you using for your wireless flashes/triggers? Sorry if I’ve asked you this before.

Yup, action shots are impossible for sure 😉

u4/3 actually makes flash work easier in some ways, as you can colour balance the flashes to the light more easily by previewing WB changes live on screen. Though there are issues with the various auto-wb modes – think I gave you a link to my findings on that before? http://www.mu-43.com/f43/g1-white-balance-oddities-annoyances-8312/

Trigger wise, I’m using CTR-301p triggers (cheap off ebay/dealextreme). I’ve also got some PT-04 type ones (the taller thin ones). The 301ps are better, and easier to mount to a light stand. I’d recommend them.

Flashes, I have a YN-460, but it’s failed in some way internally and it stuck on full power (even through the power level LEDs change on the back). I cracked it open and manual brought the power down a bit, but it’s basically 1/2 power ish only.

I’ve also got a (much better) nissin Di466. It’s a lot nicer made than the YN, more compact, recycles a lot faster, gets more shots, will TTL on camera (but no high speed sync mode), has a better optical slave (by far) and isn’t that much more expensive. For cheap flashes I’d recommend the nissin over the YN, even although it’s £80 rather than £30. Its one downside, is on M mode (i.e. on a RF trigger) it goes into sleep mode after 5 mins. Can be annoying in some situations, but not that bad once you’re used to it. No manual zoom either (though it will auto-zoom on camera), but TBH I don’t find this a limitation.

Stand wise, in the above set the YN was on a little tripod to light the whole scene, and I had the Nissin on a Calumet Ultra Compact Stand:
    http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/item/MF6027/

With this swivel head:
    http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/item/MF6830/

Which screws into the bottom of the 301p to mount the flash (top tip, add a crush washer so you can get it tight and stays in place better).

Both stand and swivel choice were the results of a lot of research, best option IMO if you want something portable – the stand collapses a lot, and isn’t too heavy. You still get a good 6 foot extension out of it too. I carry a short bungee with it too, so i can hook it to something if on unstable ground, or bungee a bag to it for ballast.

Whilst I’m at it, I also have this umbrella:
    http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/item/AU3036/

Which is decent for portraits etc – didn’t use it in the above though, was on bare flashes.

Oops, going a bit OT, to balance that out, here’s a pic I’m proud of, and relevant to flash info:

Dark Island Rose by the accidental martini, on Flickr

(not shot on my G1 though)

grumm
    Free Member

Thanks for the detailed geeky answer 😉

And cheers yup I saw the thing about the gels etc – will have to have a play with that – I’ve got a little book of gel samples for stage lights somewhere that might do the trick.

I have pretty much the same setup now with a couple of flashes and stand/swivel bracket. Haven’t had the chance to try it properly with action shots yet. I’ve been testing it with my 5D but I must say I didn’t realise the cheapy chinese triggers worked with the G1 for some reason.

grumm
    Free Member

One more nerd question… On the action shots, AF or prefocussing?

Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 7,419 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.