Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Picasa web albums or Flikr
  • martinm116
    Free Member

Thinking or paying for some extra storage for my photos on either Picasa or Flikr as I've used up all the free storage and not sure which one to pay for, which ones do you all recommend?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I've never had problems with Flickr, but I've never tried Picasa.

Stoner
    Free Member

for paying, no idea, but for simplicity I love the picasa software on the pc and then album syncing with ease. As well as the basic manipulation tools.

Flickr just seems to be facebook for snap-happies 🙂

Drac

Flickr is great really very good.

Picasa is like Bebo.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

martinm116 – Which one do you prefer at the moment? I use Picasa and think it's great though I do want sub albums.

Jamie
    Free Member

Picasa is like Bebo.

?

martinm116
    Free Member

Flickr seems to give you more storage for your money think it's about $24 per year for unlimited storage, whereas google think you pay different amounts depending on size of storage.

coffeeking
    Free Member

for paying, no idea, but for simplicity I love the picasa software on the pc and then album syncing with ease. As well as the basic manipulation tools.

Flickr just seems to be facebook for snap-happies

I find that a slightly odd comment, I find flickr to be heavily used by some very high-end photogs, where as picasa with its super-simple image manipulation kit included seems to be aimed at the technologically less competent, a place for non-photogs to upload pictures and do simple cuts and changes that a more serious user would do in a proper package before uploading.

Also the flickr uploader couldn't really get much simpler to use.

martinm116
    Free Member

I prefer Picasa at the moment due to just having more experience with it, I like the that it automatically picks out faces and the link up with google maps.

swavis

I've tried both and much prefer flickr.
    Agree that flickr seems to be used by more serious photographers as well.
    Not sure I should be on there then, but it's free for me as BT customer 😉

DickBarton

I use Flickr and have a Picasa account but never use it – my dad uses Picasa and from what I can see I'm not keen on the interface…I prefer Flickr as it seems to be a lot less cluttered and easy to use.

ebygomm
    Free Member

You can get a send to flickr plugin for the picasa desktop application. You can auto geotag ride photos as well if you have a gpx file of your route

martinm116
    Free Member

Didn't know that you could upload to Flikr from picasa application. Thanks for that, good to know.

Drac

Jamie – I mean it's crap.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Picasa web albums or Flikr’ is closed to new replies.