Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Pinched Bikes Sunderland area
  • user-removed
    Free Member

Evening all – I’ve been a member for a while, but can’t seem to login, so have re-registered…

Just wondered if any locals would be kind enough to look out for my dark blue, GT i-Drive (Halfords job) which was pinched the night before last when I was at the pub (on my ancient Lavadome…bah!). Could well still be knocking about in Houghton, Penshaw area. The only distinguishing marks are a set of wellgo beartrap pedals (black) and some scratches on the downtube.

Also gone is my wife’s Trek and a set of Panaracer spikes – hope they fit the spikes and get road rash 🙂

I know it’s probably a lost cause, but ye never know!

Cheers,

Jamie.

colnagokid

Will keep an eye! Good luck

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheers man – I’ll do the usual trawl down Hylton Road dodgy shops (been here before…) but not holding my breath.

Thank the Lord, this time we were insured – lesson learnt a few years back!

user-removed
    Free Member

Just waiting to hear back from the insurance folk now. Visited Halfords this morning (insurance co go through them) as I’m interested in the Boardman Pro bikes. I was going on the assumption that ‘new for old’ meant that I’d get the same value as I paid for the stolen bike – it was a Halfords GT I-drive and cost £880. The lastest I-drive is just shy of £1000.

The guy in bike hut said that they’d probably just offer me the same I-drive as they’ve still got plenty of them, although they’re now worth only £694. That’s rubbish isn’t it?!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Pinched Bikes Sunderland area’ is closed to new replies.