Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • places to eat and drink in Aviemore
  • mangoridebike

Any recommendations for the above?

A group of us are heading there for a weekend in a few weeks time

Cheers

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Edit – doh – I meant fort william Doh

Post fail

enduro-aid
    Free Member

the winking owl pub

head through the village past tesco on the left and its just the other side of the round-about on the left

great ale and whisky selection and the pub gub upstrairs is good the fish and chips was as big as a whale!!

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Hi,
    Not been for years now but see if The Ski-ing Doo is still there its a little funky bistro type place there’s stuff all over the ceilings from people from different countries.
    They did a flambed haggis in whiskey which not my thing but my gang always raved over it.
    Cant remember how much stuff was but ate there few times so it must have been ok
    Debs

fannybaws
    Free Member

mountain cafe aviemore – breakfast cakes etc
    inchyra (sp) nursey cake shop
    andersons restaurant boat of garten (a few miles outside aviemore)

would be my highlights

gixer-chris
    Free Member

+1 for Ski-Ing Doo

Good cheap food and drink, friendly service and great atmosphere

juanking

http://www.oldbridgeinn.co.uk/

By far the best place for a meal in Aviemore, closely followed by the mountain cafe for breakfast/lunch.

Done

geoffj

Lots of average places – nowt terribly bad.

That Cafe Nero knock off place in the esplanade is actually quite nice.

Cafe Mambos for a fight.

glenh
    Free Member

The mountain cafe is the best place to eat in avimore IMHO

AlasdairMc

The Mountain Cafe is indeed the best place to eat, however it’s pretty expensive for breakfast. The Cairngorm Hotel on the other hand do the best fry-up for eliminating the inevitable hangover.

ChrisL

I too enjoyed eating at Ski-Ing Doo.

nbt

fannybaws – Member

inchyra (sp) nursey cake shop

Inshriach tearooms for cake, head out to Rothiemurchus up the ski road and take the right turn towards Insh, it’s a couple of miles down a windy little road in the garden centre / nursery – http://inshriachnursery.co.uk/?p=14

The dalrachney lodge up in Carrbridge is fantastic, take a bar meal as it’s the same menu as the restaurant but cheaper. Food’s fantastic, we *always* eat there when in Aviemore

http://www.dalrachney.co.uk/

International starters is nice for trying lots of different meals

I found the old bridge to be a nice pub, but the menu was trying a bit too hard and the odd choices didn’t tempt me to eat there

KT1973
    Free Member

I found the old bridge to be a nice pub, but the menu was trying a bit too hard and the odd choices didn’t tempt me to eat there

Yes, just had a look at the menu and whilst some of it sounds tasty enough, -“Dalfour brown trout, chorizo jam and grilled peppers???” WTF??? I mean, that just has to be wrong.

southbeds
    Free Member

the HAPPY HAGGIS fish and chips shop ?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Lisi’s Restaurant, Boat of Garten

druidh
    Free Member

Old Bridge Inn – good food, live music, decent ales
    Roos Leap – pasasble food but humungous portions of it. Ideal for the hungry cyclist.
    Cake shop at Inshriach – but they only do cake and tea/coffee.
    International Starters is good for a group – Order 2 or 3 dishes each and share as they arrive.
    Happy Haggis – for either a sit-down or a carry-out.
    If you want some “finer” dining, then there’s a nice restaurant called Aspects in the MacDonald resort.

Bunnyhop

La Taverna is o.k for pizza or pasta.

debaser

Stopped for lunch in Ord Ban at Inverdruie last time I was up. Thought it was excellent, will definitely go back for an evening meal sometime.

Had the worst burger I’ve had in my entire life in Cafe Mambo a few years back. The thought of it still makes me queasy.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘places to eat and drink in Aviemore’ is closed to new replies.