Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pocloc issues
  • alancash100
    Free Member

I’ve just changed the cable on my poploc – now, when pushing the button to unlock the fork, the poploc does not spring back on its own.

poploc should take a standard gear cable as far as i know, i’ve tried lightly oiling the cable but no joy.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks guys.

Cashy

andyl
    Free Member

cable routed correctly at both ends?

alancash100
    Free Member

Yes, as far as I can see…

Cashy

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Is the cable nice and tight? Does the fork top pulley spring closed firmly when turned by hand?

jemima
    Free Member

Did it work before changing the cable?

I think the poploc mechanisim is the least suitable artefact ever designed for a mountain bike. It is so prone to grit affecting it. I’ve just stripped my lever ass’y down, cleaned and greased to get it working again… watch out you don’t lose the tiny spring under the release button.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

yeah mines doing the same, a right pain only used the bike 3 times from new…GGGGrrrr

alancash100
    Free Member

hi guys,

really appreciate the suggestions;

yes, it did work fine before I changed the cable.
    Yes, the fork top pulley springs back fine and with power when done by hand.

Any more suggestions would be very welcome.

thanks again

cashy

chris_jh

yeah, I spent Saturday afternoon setting up my new (to me) reba forks, installed the poploc, then spent far too long trying to get it to pop back but to no avail. I have given up now might get the LBS look at it…

LoCo
    Free Member

Check:
    Inner and outer cables changed and lubed,
    Fork top dial removed, cleaned and lubed,
    Handlebar lever clean and lubed.
    Inner cable needs to be really tight, at full length put onto dial wrap round hand and pull tight before tighening grub screw, check as ferrules are seated properly both ends.

if still not working, dirt can get into the top of the MoCo unit and sits on the umbrella seal causing, drag.
    The springs inside MoCo can aslo slacken a bit over time.

alancash100
    Free Member

Thanks guys – i’ll just strip it, clean and lube and perhaps change the housing.

Cashy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pocloc issues’ is closed to new replies.