Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Poorly RShox Revs – any ideas?
  • mudpup
    Free Member

Only getting about 70mm of travel (even with no air) and lockout stopped working
    Whats up?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Internal seal.

How long since their last service?

carlosg
    Free Member

Lower seal on the damping cartridge has failed allowing fluid to leak into the lower. The travel stops when the upper leg hits the fluid level in the lower.

seems to be a common problem with recon/reba/revelation forks. It’s a fairly easy fix if you’re reasonably competent with the spanners.

you can buy a seal kit from TF tuned or similar for about £18 or you could buy the full set for both sides from
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180568146300&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

for £8. I did.

How to fix details can be found on the Sram site and loads of tutorials on youtube too.

4ndyB
    Free Member

As above, seal’s gone.

Had a fair few Reba’s returned to Fishers for repair under warranty due to this issue.

liquid1000
    Free Member

Just had same problem, got my seals from tf tuned, but expensive, oil from CRC as you need 15wt and 5 wt. Just search on you tube for sram service videos for revelations, its dead easy if you have right tools. The vids tell you what you need. Had my lap top in the garage worked a treat.

Make sure you have something accurate to measure the oil back in as my measuring jug was a million miles away from a medical syringe I ended up using.

mudpup
    Free Member

Thanks guys

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Poorly RShox Revs – any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.