Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Portable pressure washers
  • nunuboogie
    Free Member

Boooooooooring but……….what's the best valve washer out there?

z1ppy

My vote would be for the DirtWorker, though there's a good thread here:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mobi-vs-dirtworker-anyone-used-both

nunuboogie
    Free Member

cheers z1ppy

Everlong
    Free Member

I have a DirtWorker and it's brilliant.

jordie
    Free Member

get a dirtworker they save you a load of time washing bikes just a quick wash after a ride and it is done great bit of kit.I have had one for two years now

mikertroid
    Free Member

+1 for dirtworker. Customer support first rate too

I bought a brand x one off of crc and whilst i love the prssure washer idea nd the machines performance one of the fittings broke and im sending it back, im going to get a mobi. But I cannot recommend a portable washer enough. Esp if it means looking at everyone elses jealous faces when you get to put your nice clean bike in the back of the car and everyone else is left with a minging one that they have to wash later!

theotherjonv

+1 for the dirtworker here.

Side note; borrowed my dad's Karcher today to clean off the decking and jeez, does anyone really hose their bikes / bearings with one of these?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I use one of those spray things from B&Q designed to spray your fence decking etc with creosote.

£8. bargain.

Like this sort of thing

Rip
    Free Member

I've got a Dirtworker too. Excellent.

It froze a couple of times (my fault for leaving it out) and the gun broke with the ice. Dirtworker customer service was really excellent.

Highly recommended.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Surely somone must have made a DIY version of this. Take the portable sprayer idea (they have safety valve) + one of those cigarette lighter compressors. Drill hole in sprayer, add schraeder valve. You'd charge it up in the boot of the car on the way to your ride. There will be a safety issue if the safety valve fails, but that must be the same with the dirtworker. Putting it in boot makes it safer if it goes pop. Some clever person could make a cut out for the compressor.

Fair play to dirt worker. Good product, deserves to suceed. I don't think the DIY version will lose them profit as tight wads wont buy anyway. Many who try DIY will give p and buy dirtworker when they wouldn't have in the first place.

forge197
    Free Member

Dirtworker +1 I resisted for so long using cool-hand-lukes solution but got one as a present last Christmas, the Dirtworker is better than the garden spray, though in it's defense the garden spray does a commendable job and is an effective solution too.

munkster
    Free Member

+1 for dirtworker. Customer support first rate too

Agree there: trigger wotsit cracked on an early version and was replaced without quibble with a newer more robust one…

Tomahawk
    Free Member

DIY special +1 here. Can't fault it, combined with mucoff will easily clean two bikes with 5 litres. And for £12 they are easily replacable if needs be.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

+1 mobi here 17litres about 5 months

works fine and has battery for away days. I use it to clean car to with brush. I'm converted and I use it at home, no outside tap for pressure washer.

druidh
    Free Member
    Lesanita2
    Free Member

anybody tried the aldi sprayer. Doesn't look powerful enough.

MarkN
    Free Member

Another vote for the Dirtworker. Had it for about 3 years now and wondered how I managed before. Touch wood never had reason to contact customer service but it is good to hear the positive comments.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

i got one off ebay like this with the idea of doing a shreader valve DIY job but it take so little pumping I haven't bothered. Work fine manually, shifts mud, i'm happy!

myheadsashed

CHL I use a Hozelock type manual pump very effective.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Portable pressure washers’ is closed to new replies.