Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Post to IS caliper mounting problem – XTR M985 caliper to M965 shifter?
  • yan
    Free Member

Anyone tried fitted a new XTR M985 Post mount caliper to an old XTR M965 flip shift changer – will lever modulation be the same? Just bought some new DTSwiss forks which are Post mount and the old M965 caliper is IS mount with a 160mm disc. Tried various adapters incl from KCNC from Clee Cycles and nothing seems to fit – without a larger disc and big mods to the adapter…

bigyinn
    Free Member

IIRC new brakes push different amounts of fluid. Not sure if the older levers will work with the newest sort of calipers and vice versa as a result.

yan
    Free Member

Thats what I was thinking, wat dod you mean by IIRC?
    Cheers

yan
    Free Member

ok i see……….

frank4short
    Free Member

Would it not be easier & cheaper to go up a disc size rather than trying to change the calipers on your breaks.

Failing that just buy a replacement post mount m975 caliper as i’m sure they’re switchable with M965. Rather than pricking about with cross compatability issues with different model ranges.

yan
    Free Member

Juat looking for the easy option really. I was thinking that an m985 caliper would be easier as theyre easily available – although more expensive. I think Post mount M975 are pretty rare. The disc option seems a fair bit of work and not sure if it will work in the end and need to go upto 180mm or even 200mm disc. Its only a lightweight xc big and 160mm is plenty powerful!

bigyinn
    Free Member

M975 only came in IS i think. The best spec PM caliper would be an XT M775 one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Post to IS caliper mounting problem – XTR M985 caliper to M965 shifter?’ is closed to new replies.