Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 222 total)
  • Potential Peaks Pootle…..
  • clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Aye, thanks all for the ride!

Far Phoside is very very nice.

Hope the piccies appear somewhere 😉

Many thanks again.
    Paul (Silver Stumpy)

hora
    Free Member

Can I just say- when did all the Pootler's become uber-fit? 😆 I was hanging off the rear with my ass hanging out! Skiprat. Where you dude!

romster
    Free Member

JE James? Rocket? Ass? What's gone off Hora?

binners

Absolutely fantastic ride today folks. Belting route. Cracking company. What more could you ask for?

See you all on the next one

Bunnyhop

Thanks everyone for the banter, laughing, climbs and descents, sweeties and the hairy caterpillar.

PaulMc
    Free Member

Brilliant ride. Thanks everyone.
    And Jules was right, I did need chips. And haddock and peas.
    Mmmmm

hora
    Free Member

and the hairy caterpillar.

I really didn't mean to turn around and show you my meat and two veg when I was having a slash. Sorry.

JE James? Rocket? Ass? What's gone off Hora?

The unbled rear brake was JE James's fault?

Bunnyhop

Pat found a Mahoosive caterpillar at the top of Lantern Pike, at seeing it I exclaimed 'wow, that's huge, long and hairy', Paul had heard all this from the front but didn't realise we'd seen the little beast, it made him chuckle. I suppose you had to be there 😳

P.S photos to follow in the next couple of days (us not caterpillar).

slowrider
    Free Member

lol bunnyhop, i wasnt going to mention you telling me 'i prefer going down' but in light of the caterpillar story i thought id share.

nbt, can you send me a link to that farmer john event? ive tried looking on facebook but i dont really get fb and couldnt find it

Splat
    Free Member

Hi,
    Bumped into you lot yesterday and Bruce wanted to know how to get get your friend onto the NW ladies group.
    Follow this link http://www.nwmtb.com/news.asp?pNum=2
    At the bottom of the page there is an email address.
    (This is just in case nbt doesn't get around to sorting it out 😉
    Very good day for a ride 😆

hora
    Free Member

It links to an expensive full/RRP bikeshop?

Splat
    Free Member

Yes, but if you go to the bottom of the page, it says about the women's mtb club.

Splat
    Free Member

Under women's cycling

MartynS

another thanks here as well.. was a good run! I'll look out for the next one
    Martyn
    (black Turner)

sambob
    Free Member

Glad you all had fun. i was on the beach in the sunshine 🙂 then the rain 🙁
    Sounds like the route is even more local to me than Edale direction. I'll be there for the next one for sure.

nbt

hora – Member

It links to an expensive full/RRP bikeshop?

Not if you get to know the staff it doesn't. LBS's are great if you are friendly and use them, I can't remember when I last paid RRP in either of my LBS's, and I never *ask* for discount – just accpet it gracefully and gratefully. If you march in and demand discount they *might* think you're a tosser and not give you any 🙂

This is the facebook link for Farmer John's
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=136020489749659&ref=ts
    edit: proper clicky link : http://tinyurl.com/2uck5mn

Will sort out links to the ladies group for Paul and Bruce to pass on 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Even with a discount its still an expensive place for average-salary people to shop in.

nbt

hora –

Even with a discount its still an expensive place for average-salary people to shop in.

Same price as CRC or wiggle for me, and I get to walk out of the shop with the stuff instead of waiting two days then having to collect from the post office

hora
    Free Member

I hardly ever shop at CRC and never at Wiggle.

ALL my parts etc tend to be bought in the sale or secondhand anyway. On my Blur4x – frame 50% off, forks 50% off (STW), wheels from Wheelcraft in Scotland, rear mech 2ndhand 8yrs ago, the bars were new (CRC sale), cranks reduced on On-one, Chain and cassette on a 2-for-1 deal and the rest was either sale or secondhand. EVERYTHING!

True I've bought three full price frames and new forks (but the new forks literally number 4? and none were full RRP). Everything else bought new was sale-stock.

I though you were the thrifty one 😉

hora
    Free Member

When I say I'm tight I'm actually being brutally honest 😆

twang
    Free Member

That was good that was 🙂
    My first group ride so was a bit apprehensive but really enjoyed it, what a thoroughly nice bunch! Glad the enormous hairy fella made such an impression on you Bunnyhop 8) I may attach a basket to my bars next time for the collection of trailside fauna and flora!

JohnnyPanic

A nice chilled ride, well organised and with a great atmosphere. Really enjoyed it. Ok, so there were bits that were less enjoyable than others, something to do with the terrian? but really good route. Special thanks to nbt who seemed to overtake me several times to get to the gate first 🙂 (apologies for the sfb dig )

amodicumofgnar

The hairy chap most likely a fox moth caterpillar.

Splat – cheers.

hora
    Free Member

Twang the pace was slightly quicker than normal but the vibe is the same. 🙂

Pity we didnt have any carpark wheelies (Pook) 😉

Or carpark handbrake turns (Robdob) 😉

…and sadly the Cakemiester wasn't able to attend however Pool whipped out a creamy Swiss roll from nowhere 😯

Bunnyhop

Thanks oldagedpredator – I was thinking at the time a moth.

Any photos anyone?

Pook

Hora, I had four more swiss rolls secreted about my person….

hora
    Free Member

ourkidsam will be our sniffer doig'

Pook
    hora
    Free Member

Jesus I've got a right pair of moobs on this one!

white peak sunday 6th june (6)

nbt

Sorry folks, been busy all weekend and have forgotten to bring my camera at work so won't be able to post pics @ lunch as planned, will sort it tomorrow though (out tonight)

Pook

thepodge
    Free Member

hora – …and sadly the Cakemiester wasn't able to attend

nope, i was under orders from the wife, she did however take me to see Sheffield Roller Derby which just seems to involve tattooed girls in spangley knickers listening to punk wearing roller skates shoving each other over. I'm sure you guys had fun but that was a more than acceptable alternative to riding with you lot.

the pics look well good

will
    Free Member

I'll stick a few pics up tonight chaps.

Bunnyhop

Thanks Pook.

As usual the very, very steep bit, looks as flat as a flat thing.
    Also it was really warm and sunny. Looking forward to the next one.

Pook

I know – i seem to remember it being glorious, not a cloudy grey day as is shown here.

However, I don't remember there being any steep downhill bits. 😉

slowrider
    Free Member

i thought a professional photographer like yourself might be able to make me look good pook! ah well…

Pook

Professional photographer? Where on earth did you get that from? I'm a journalist dear boy, but if I were to write up the ride I'd get shot down on here for being pretentious!

😯

nbt

Pook – Member

However, I don't remember there being any steep downhill bits.

They were the bits you walked down, remember? 😉

Pook

touche!

PaulMc
    Free Member

I'm just bloody glad I managed to stop at the bottom of that tarmac section coming off Lantern Pike, before I hit Pat.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 222 total)

The topic ‘Potential Peaks Pootle…..’ is closed to new replies.