Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Prepare to meet thy groom – TBC Wednesday Night Ride
  • ojom
    Free Member

Right then peoples of Burgh Land

Usual scenario – mud and stuff – prob wet, more than likely windy etc

Jimmy – charge your lights please
    FlyingOx – a working bike this week if you don’t mind 😉

I might bring the mojo for a change if i get it built in time. This is unlikely so i don’t even know why i am mentioning it.

Perhaps we could do some stuff in the barracks woods? Maybe set up a wee race course/lap and bugger about?

Rickos
    Free Member

I’m so there!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Puke hill, nibbler for the circuit. How many can we put in hospital?

grantmccall63
    Free Member

I’m in.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Maybe set up a wee race course/lap and bugger about?

This had better not be a serious suggestion

Puke hill, nibbler

certainly was not

daveb
    Free Member

Had hoped to join you but still struggling with Man flu so will leave it for another week.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Feeling a bit sniffly, if its a lady cold I’ll be there, if it’s man flu I’ll be at home resting.

AntM
    Free Member

I’m up for it too- but better check with booking secretary first 🙂

robgarrioch

Yeah probably, the ground may not actually be that wet – was drying nicely on Monday.

Hmm, lap-type routes.. interesting… very interesting….

druidh
    Free Member

No.

It’s not.

TheFlyingOx

a working bike this week

Ha. It’s back in for some tlc. Managed this weekend better than I did though.

Anyway, no can do this week as I’m in Dorchester and Winchester tomorrow.

Enjoy.

jimmy

i’m there, all being well – with NEW light. Errrrm I can explain….

jimmy

route-wise, lets do something completely different. Dicking about sounds good. As does hip flasks.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Corstorphine hill for a range of dicking about opportunities then? Just a thought

13thfloormonk

Roslin Glen for night-time dicking about shurely?

Not that I’ll be there, again. 🙁

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Is there much on Corstorphine Hill? I could be tempted by that.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There is a bit of stuff – not a lot but its enough for an hour or more. There is the park at ravelston as well that has a bit more

jimmy

‘Storphine Hill’s not a bad shout for a bit of dicking about and not getting home at 1030.

Kit
    Free Member

I’ll bring out the broken record and suggest that you don’t take a big group up Corrie Hill when it’s wet (or even when it’s bone dry).

I’m going to try and get out in the afternoon. Might pass you on the way back down the WOL. I’ll spot jimmy’s tractor beam light from 2 clicks away, I’d imagine…

ojom
    Free Member

Kit is right. Groups on c hill go down like donkey punches. bad times.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

‘spose yer right

*grumbles*

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

@Kit – what time you out? I probably cant make the evening posse unless things change about, but fancy a spin afternoon-ish.

BTW

, the ground may not actually be that wet – was drying nicely on Monday.

It was pretty dry this afternoon – only a few soft spots – but overall very nice, sometimes dusty conditions!

13thfloormonk

Could I humbly request then that you don’t take big groups down Cox’s? (the skinny clifftop one from Castlelaw to Dreghorn). I was shown it in confidence (something I’m not very good at 😳 ) by someone who had found it the hard way, then showed it to a couple of folk at the end of a TBC ride a while ago.

I was a bit worried to see the videos of folk riding it in the wet from last week, it has a delicate (and muddy) look about it, I’m gonna get kneecapped by the elders of the EUCC if it turns into another pistachio…

druidh
    Free Member

And ye’s can all sod off from using Nail Trail too!!

debaser

I’ll be oot, wherever consensus/indecision leads us.

Bushmills in the hipflask this week.

druidh
    Free Member

13thfloormonk – Member
    Could I humbly request then that you don’t take big groups down Cox’s? (the skinny clifftop one from Castlelaw to Dreghorn). I was shown it in confidence (something I’m not very good at ) by someone who had found it the hard way, then showed it to a couple of folk at the end of a TBC ride a while ago.

I was a bit worried to see the videos of folk riding it in the wet from last week, it has a delicate (and muddy) look about it, I’m gonna get kneecapped by the elders of the EUCC if it turns into another pistachio…

You could ask them to take my Google Earth based map off their website while you are screaming out in pain. Publishing some of these routes online has hardly done anything for their consistency.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’ll be assuming the usual Bonaly shop at 7pm arrangement. Can somebody text me (Bruce, Mark maybies) if you are meeting somewhere else. God forbid I have to drink my hip flask on my own.

coastkid
    Free Member

will be at Bonaly 7pm…hopefully with stanfree too…
    im oot of fire water so help you out Steven 😮

13thfloormonk

Haha, Druidh, I am not speaking on behalf of EUCC, nor has anyone from EUCC actually mentioned this trail (they ride it, after all, maybe they don’t even care).

I just don’t want to be responsible for groups of 20 riding it, as its definitely a trail that will suffer from heavy traffic.

druidh
    Free Member

I know – it’s that constant dilemma. Get a few folk to ride it and it develops into a nice trail. Too many and it becomes a mudfest…..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hm – it was rather less than 20 – it was 3 solos and our tandem. I for one walked over the boggiest bit. It wasn’t really at risk I think – earlier in the year it needed more traffic to keep the vegetation down a bit. However yo are right – heavy traffic when its wet will damage it.

Its a constant dilemma – when there is lots of us and its wet we try quite hard to keep to the less vulnerable trails.

ojom
    Free Member

I won’t be oot the night – got a bad chest coming on and after last times 2 month long infection i will be watching this one closely.

Any left over whisky can of course be dropped off at the hoose – don’t think you have to drink it all for me.

13thfloormonk

it was 3 solos and our tandem

Oops! Just ignore me then…

😳

Kit
    Free Member

@Kit – what time you out? I probably cant make the evening posse unless things change about, but fancy a spin afternoon-ish.

Ron, I’ll aim to be at the Bonaly shop for 3pm, leaving Trinity 2-ish. Reckon you can make that?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

13thfloormonk

Nae worries. Its an issue to consider and I have no problem being reminded

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I was so there with my SS. I ain’t going now that Mark has pulled out.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Kit: I wont know for sure ’til later so if I’m at the shop by 3 great – otherwise don’t wait.

Ron

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am out – work calls 🙁

jimmy

Hmmm… Think I’ll bail out tonight and head for a climb instead. Riding GT on Saturday hopefully if anyone fancies it. Probably an early aft ride to finish in evening sun and quiet trails.

grantmccall63
    Free Member

Can’t do afternoon as constrained by family things but plan to leave Edinburgh at 8am to go to Innerleithen or Glentress this Saturday if anyone wants to join me. Plan to be back in town for lunchtime…..cheers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Prepare to meet thy groom – TBC Wednesday Night Ride’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM