Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Proper tech steep riding vid – worth a gander
  • Phototim
    Free Member

Not sure if this has already been posted but this vid is worth a watch. Reminds me of riding in Zermatt but some of these steeps are in another league…

[video]http://www.vimeo.com/13496274[/video]

Doug
    Free Member

Nice, well made short vid.

Phototim
    Free Member

His other vids are worth a watch too. Check this one out, its insane! Really want to see part 2…

[video]http://www.vimeo.com/14778476[/video]

GEDA
    Free Member

Thank the lord he does not open his mouth again. I kept asking my self is that fun or not?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Sweet

Phototim
    Free Member

Another one:

[video]http://www.vimeo.com/13942586[/video]

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Very impressive, but massively tilted camera angle. Not saying I would even try any of that (I hate those steps with logs on each edge) but those pictures are about as straight as an MBR shot.

Blower
    Free Member

yeah thats the stuff right there,i wanna go!!!

tang
    Free Member

i want some of those slow speed skills

Phototim
    Free Member

but massively tilted camera angle. Not saying I would even try any of that (I hate those steps with logs on each edge) but those pictures are about as straight as an MBR shot.

Yeah I did think that but its still obviously bloody steep. Just watch the second vid if you want confirmation that they are completely nuts.

retro83
    Free Member

some hairy moments there!

mikey74
    Free Member

Great vids, and some very good riding. However, is it just me or was there a lot of unnecessary rear wheel hopping? Don’t get me wrong: It’s a great skill, and very useful in places, but just wasn’t needed on many of those corners.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

How do you do that thing, where you’re stationary and somehow elevate the back wheel, turn the frame around the fork and take off in the new direction. Without falling on your face!?

mikey74
    Free Member

Good control of your front brake and shifting your weight around: Standard mtb skills 😉

CaptJon
    Free Member

Full sus and flats – pah!

Northwind

“agentdagnamit – Member

Very impressive, but massively tilted camera angle. Not saying I would even try any of that (I hate those steps with logs on each edge) but those pictures are about as straight as an MBR shot. “

Yup, that put me off- really nice riding and shooting but in almost every shot I found myself checking out the angle and figuring out how steep it really was. It’s not all tilted but an awful lot is. Some of it is still really damn steep but once you realise so much of it is, well, fake then it’s hard to take the rest at face value. Shame.

carbon337
    Free Member

can you import mpora vids here? seems not or im doing it wrong.

Good skils on show here Dirt – Action Heroes Vid

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I really enjoyed those videos. They were really well made and beautifully shot. I especially liked that I sat and watched two men going uphill and I wasn’t bored – quite the opposite, I was riveted!

To my mind, those are some of my favourite mtb videos I’ve ever seen, really inspiring.

robbo
    Free Member

Yeah but look at the size of their packs 😉

DavidM
    Free Member

mmmmm Paulaner. Awesome videos, and absolutely mental riding.

Phototim
    Free Member

Yeah great vids, a break from the normal stuff, very refreshing.

Another one:

[video]http://www.vimeo.com/15137577[/video]

Diawl
    Free Member

robbo – Member
    Yeah but look at the size of their packs

That’s for their parachutes.

simonm
    Free Member

don’t look right, don’t look right, don’t look right…. arghhh I looked right…

Fantastic videos.. what amazing skills and location.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

That’s awesome stuff. Love the via-ferrata hike-a-bike. And in the first vid, the cheeky hairpin overtaking manoeuvre.
    Very Euro, but who cares?

Blower
    Free Member

next year hopefully,hike a bike it is.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Mikey74 – I think you should post a video of yourself showing exactly how those corners should be ridden…

didn’t think so.

mikey74
    Free Member

Mikey74 – I think you should post a video of yourself showing exactly how those corners should be ridden…

didn’t think so.

Some of those corners did not need you to hop the back wheel around to make. All I was saying was that their style was a bit overtly showy for my taste. Great skills though.

alpin
    Free Member

DavidM – Member
    mmmmm Paulaner. Awesome videos, and absolutely mental riding.

don’t agree… really don’t like the taste of Pualaner. Much prefer the likes of Erdinger, Schneiderweisse or Franziskaner.

saw these vids a while back. well put together.

the flicking the back wheel thing is useful when the trail is too steep to carry any speed into the corner and you’re moving slowly.

that’s the sort of riding i enjoy…. steep and techy.

RealMan
    Free Member

Some of those corners did not need you to hop the back wheel around to make. All I was saying was that their style was a bit overtly showy for my taste. Great skills though.

I agree with mikey74, I thought they were using the rear wheel hop thing a bit too much.

peachos
    Free Member

I agree with mikey74, I thought they were using the rear wheel hop thing a bit too much.

and me, just been having this same argument with a mate. yes, in some cases on that vid they were needed, but not every damn corner. not knocking their riding either.

DavidM
    Free Member

Alpin – Haha, well I wouldn’t turn a Paulaner down post ride, but yeah, I agree. Lot to be said for Edelweiss & Weihenstephaner aswell imho. I’m still waiting for a Fristo Getränkemärkt to open in the UK.

I miss the Alps.

alpin
    Free Member

Weihenstephaner … another good one…

TheBrick
    Free Member

They haz no barends?

I is confuzed?

Tinners

I guess that’s why I’m a big Jessie. I was hugely impressed, but I didn’t like any of that. I need boggy marshland and soft grass around me to break all the falls. All that hoppety-hop business down the rocks would have me on intensive care, bandaged from head to foot and being fed through a straw, within the first 20 yards. Where do you start working up to that sort of thing?

igm

I was getting vertigo just watching the second one – walking up on a snowy ledge carrying a bike in shoes that didn’t look like they had the grippiest (for snowy rock at least) sole. Ouch

alpin
    Free Member

Tinners – Member

Where do you start working up to that sort of thing?

in your garden, in the park… anywhere where you can ride your bike. best to pratice somewhere (safe-ish) first before riding those sort of trails.

alpin
    Free Member

there’s an Austrian “crew” that make similar vids. just been looking for them, but can’t remember the names of any.

one of the guys has a very creative riding style…. i’ll keep looking.

alpin
    Free Member

found them…

DavidM
    Free Member
    hh45
    Free Member

Sorry but watching both vids i thought that they were ruining a good walk. And walking doesn’t normally beat riding but all that slow speed hoppity hop stuff – great skills for sure but thats not the essence of riding for me. Give me some fast flowiny singletrack please.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Proper tech steep riding vid – worth a gander’ is closed to new replies.