Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • PSA – big canvas prints for £20 delivered
  • grumm
    Free Member

Just got a 24×16″ one and I have to say I’m really pleased with it. Delivery took a little while.

http://www.snapmad.com/index.php

fbk
    Free Member

Nice one, good spot. I’ll have a look at that

U31
    Free Member

Just ordered one of my gorgeous wife railing the berms at Lee quarry..
    Cant wait!

grumm
    Free Member

Should have mentioned, allow some room for the wrap – probably best not to use a tightly cropped pic.

U31
    Free Member

It warns you with a pop up when you order a canvas, Grum..

lodious
    Free Member

Cool , thanks for the heads up.

mmb
    Free Member

nice one.thanks.

shoei
    Free Member

Well spotted. Need some pics for the new kitchen/dinner on canvas.

grumm
    Free Member

bumpity – going to be getting quite a few more of these I think

fbk
    Free Member

Just received mine in the post – not quite on a par with Photobox perhaps but still great quality and a bargain for the money. Might get some more I reckon 🙂

lunge

Thread marked for the future

stumpy01

Yeah – reckon I’ll be giving this a go!!

Nice heads-up, even if it has taken me almost a week to notice it!

grumm
    Free Member

Got four of these now 🙂

Milkie
    Free Member

Oh they do look good!

Whats the quality of the canvas & print like?

I’m looking to order 3 or 4 prints, but not sure if the quality will be there if they’re blown up from my P&S camera.

grumm
    Free Member

Quality is pretty good – no worse than much more expensive canvases I have ordered in the past. There are slightly ugly folded corners but they don’t really notice on the wall. Also no wedges to bash in to adjust for the material slackening off over time. Still amazing for £20.

How many MP is your camera? They do slightly smaller versions as well for £15 I think.

Milkie
    Free Member

Its a G10 with 14.7mp, but there is a little noise. I think I’ll order 1 as a test print. All the prints I would like done are very tight to the edges, think I might loose that on the canvas edges.
    Here’s a sample, photo isn’t edited correctly yet.

Trusty Steed by MilkieKula, on Flickr

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

is grumm a different person to grum ?

grumm
    Free Member

Milkie – I reckon it’ll be fine. Noise doesn’t show up half as much printed as on a screen. Definitely worth a punt for £20 imo.

Simon – no we are the same 🙂 For some reason I couldn’t register as grum, so I used grumm, but selected grum as my display name.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Just for anyone who is concerned about the image quality, I took this photo of me and my hound, with my iPhone

and had it blown up ontoa 16 x 12 canvas the other week, it took just under a week to be delivered to me, and I am more than happy with the quality of the final product

(apologies for the quality of the photos both taken with my iPhone, as im lazy and it makes uploading to Flickr easy, and the bottom one is brighter than it looks here)

Kahurangi

I’ve had a set of 4 done and I’m pleased with the image quality. The pics were only 6 mp and slightly noisy. I made it worse with some post processing, but so long as you realise they’re not photo paper quality they’re fine.

Can’t comment on colour reproduction at the moment though.

devon_roadie
    Free Member

After seeing this thread I thought I’d give it a try as would be great for presents…first order came today, 3 days in total as from Jersey. Very happy with it. Ignore the wallpaper just hung there to take a photo!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m on their website, trying to put in a picture of my son portrait.

When I’ve uploaded the image it doesn’t say anything about landscape or portrait, and it has left grey bands down the left and right hand side, however it doesnt say the image needs cropping.

So not sure if I will now get a print back with grey bands down the sides?? Any ideas?

Kahurangi

This might help with some idea of the cropping and quality experienced – I’m very happy with them for the price paid and the quality of the original pics.

Photos of the canvasses are from my w995 phone with flash.

user-removed
    Free Member

Haha! Don’t use Albelli (Andrew Fleck above^^^). Their products are so-so, especially the photo books, and their customer service is of the Superstar variety….

Edit – damn, these mods are fast.. some blatant advertising smacked down!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Andrew – You are so right, in fact just what I was thinking of posting myself, and yours are such great value, what would we do without people like you…

Edit – Yeah that was quick !

user-removed
    Free Member

PSA – just so you know, the Bonusprint’s photobooks dept has been taken over by Albelli (removed spammer above ^^^). Double reason to avoid. Whilst Bonus print have been on the go for a long time, they were always on the budget side of cheap. Their association with Albelli makes them beyond the pale IMO.

rOcKeTdOg

quite pleased with my snapmad one

365/14 14/1/11 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘PSA – big canvas prints for £20 delivered’ is closed to new replies.