Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • PSA cheap shimano at Rose bikes website
  • julianwilson
    Free Member

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/

Mrs j and I have just bougght a few drivetrain bits from them, inspired by tales of cheaper slx cranks in germany (it’s true, £80 or thereabouts). Despite the .co.uk bit they are German, just very well translated into Englisch.

It would seem they are also waaaaay cheaper than crc/anywhere in uk for a lot (but not nearly the full range) of shimano stuff. Also bought new alivio (ie proper rings and bolt patterns…) square taper chainset and 8sp cassette for the ‘team’ (spare parts for wooing new riding buddies) bike for £18. Yes, for both. Postage is either 6 euros or free if you spend enough (which evidently we did).

That is all.

slowrider
    Free Member

Cheers for that, going to take a gander now…

slowrider
    Free Member

Got the reverb seat post cheapish too

Mackem

They are the 1st place I look at nowadays.

Got a Alfine hub and some other stuff really cheap. Think Ive ordered an XTR BB for 17 quid (although the description is a bit vague.

http://www.bike-components.de are worth a look too, got Rockshox Sektor forks from there about 100 euros cheaper than anywhere else I’ve seen.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

I got a rather smashing bike from them too!

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Just found them while I was browsing for dynamo hubs. Seem massively cheaper for Shimano, though not, ironically, for German SON dynamo hubs…

njee20
    Free Member

Most of the German shops are good these days, I got some Revolution spokes for 50p each from Bike24 and an XT cassette for less than trade.

anc
    Free Member

I just got 2 xt cassette’s of them way cheaper than UK shops and post free at the moment 😉

Mister-P
    Free Member

Despite the .co.uk bit they are German, just very well translated into Englisch

LOL.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Mister P – Member

LOL.

Bitte sehr. 8)

boxelder

Cheap tyres too Mtn Kings folders for £10 and Kenda SB8 for £14.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

What are their delivery times like ?

julianwilson
    Free Member

i’ll tell you when it gets here!

PJay
    Free Member

Postage looks like it’s free for orders over £50, it’s £5 otherwise I think. They certainly look a lot cheaper for Shimano though but not a huge range of stock. Certainly well worth a try though. I’d be interested in hearing about delivery times too.

I assume that there’s no risk of customs charging duty as it’s an EU country?

Clink

I ordered yesterday afternoon, e-mail to say dispatched this morning. Happy so far!

mrmo
    Free Member

I assume that there’s no risk of customs charging duty as it’s an EU country?

Due to EU agreements, you pay sales tax in the country selling the goods and that is all. There are no additional charges beyond what your invoice will say.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Wish i hadn’t seen this – am considering buying a Jabba Wood, horrible name but kit looks rather decent.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Has anyone had any trouble ordering?

I tried to yesterday … everything I wanted was avaliable but when I went to press the pay button all the prices vanished and I was left with a carraige charge and nothing else (even though it said free carraige for orders over £50)

Seemed to indicate that what I wanted was out of stock, just seems odd that everything was out of stock.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Mr synth, that’s what I got, it’s really rather smashing

float
    Free Member

dont forget this place as well
    das original!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I cant look past http://www.actionsports.de, placed a few orders and the longest took 3 working days.

You cant argue with an XT 10 speed grouppo for £250 either, they blow the cheapest British companies out the water.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Bearing in mind the apparently massive buying power of merlin and crc in the UK, you have got to wonder what is different about the supply chain of shimano in germany for it to be so cheap from so many places. Not that I am complaining….

Is it as simple as VAT? I though we did OK for VAT over here.

zangolin
    Free Member

Top tip for Rose Bikes is to become a fan on Facebook (you have to allow their app permission) and get a 10 Euro voucher. Free shipping (to UK) is running till 15th March.
    So with discount have managed to get Short Cage Saint rear mech for £53 with postage.

hambl90
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip, just placed an order, saved myself about £60 on uk prices !

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Jezkidd – how does the rear shock feel on the Jabba Wood? The Bikeradar review slated the bike for the compression damping setup but it looked a little unfair to me.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Just got the same problem still s8tannorm…

Tried to order an XTR BB and get a (), no price and a £6 p&p charge!

I’ll have a look on those other German sites.

zangolin
    Free Member

Just got the same problem still s8tannorm…

Tried to order an XTR BB and get a (), no price and a £6 p&p charge!

I’ll have a look on those other German sites.

Think free shipping is above £50 total

chakaping
    Free Member

You cant argue with an XT 10 speed grouppo for £250 either

You certainly can’t. Wish I’d seen that before I bought SLX 10sp a while ago.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I know about the free shipping – I was just wondering why my BB had dropped out of the basket and they were going to charge me £6 for sending nothing!

anc
    Free Member

XT cassette’s arrived in three days and there’s a free wallet in the package. They are OE if that worries anyone as they’re not in the shimano box’s. Personally I couldn’t care less so all good for me. 😉

thepurist

Dagnabbit! I’m all ready to press the button on my order but it won’t recognise the Facebook discount code wot I got. Does it take a while to filter through their systems or do Rose secretly hate me?

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Ordered a chain and cassette on Wednesday – just arrived.

Clink

Ordered Monday, arrived Thursday.

nedrapier

translated into Englisch

There are different types of sprockets for city bikes, race and mountain bikes. These come with different transmissions. To ride faster with the highest gear, select a sprocket that has fewer teeth at the smallest pinion. In order to have more possibilities when riding uphill, the biggest pinion of the sprocket should have two teeth more.

Gotcha!

Good deals though, cheers for letting us know.

mtbfix

Not so much in the way of epic deals on Sram unfortunately.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘PSA cheap shimano at Rose bikes website’ is closed to new replies.