Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • PSA: Cyclescreen, Bristol, 18-21 August
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, well, after last years success, Cyclescreen returns to The Watershed this year – so if you’re not too busy on the weekend on 18-21 August (Thurs to Sun), there is a veritable orgy of cycle related films, lectures and documentaries.

Too many beauties to list here, but there’s something for everyone MTBers, Roadies, hell even Fixiers 🙂

CycleScreen

I’m really really looking forward to LifeCycles

Anybody from STW that fancies making a trip, it would be great to have a few beers in the Watershed (perfect STW hangout – Guardianista heavy, fine beer, free WiFi, inexpensive food)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ll be wearing a pink carnation x x

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d prefer you carried it in your teeth. Thought I might regret that bit. You should come visit though.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Mr Darcy, I am seriously considering it. Are you proposing some sort of bicycle riding on one of the days as well?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think it could be fitted in…possibly do the new trails in Ashton Court or a road ride if Jimmers comes.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

oooohhh… this has got all the workings of a great plan.

[tannoy] James to the forum, James [/tannoy]

TooTall
    Free Member

Rollapaluza on as part of it as well. Get down and see if you can beat the hip fixie kids!

rp16v
    Free Member

there is a invite thing throu facebook,me and a few from bmbc will be attending if a ride is warented it shouldent be hard to organise

drain

Hmmm.. that does look good! Ta for the tip.

afrothunder88

Looks great, I’ll definitely be around for that, especially if there’s riding!

trickydisco
    Free Member

Rollapaluza on as part of it as well. Get down and see if you can beat the hip fixie kids!

I’ll be there.. Along with a few of the VC Bristol aiming to trounce the trackdropout boys 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

18th i’m going to be playing with jedi up in herts…. as it happens i have the 19th off and mrsconsequence is away in italy staying with some italian hunks…

THIS HAS THE MAKINGS OF A SEXY PARTY

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Woo…this could indeed be a Big Bristols Partee.

There are some excellent films on too.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m up for life cycles on friday night, not too keen on driving back friday night though. yeti, fancy acting out my driving miss daisy fantasy?

i’ll lend you the chauffeurs hat 😈

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

i’m up for life cycles on friday night

Looks pretty cool that one doesn’t it.

There’s a YHA a 2 minute walk from where the cinema is…and lots of cheap hotels.

Jamie
    Free Member

Have you seen Life Cycles?…..your pretentious-o-meter will explode.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

your pretentious-o-meter will explode.

😐

Ew…it’s like that is it? I’d heard good things about it…fleck!

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ve just upgraded mine though jamie, had to increase its capacity now i own an apple product 😆

TooTall
    Free Member

tricky – from what I remember, you are the only rider in VC Bristol who is worth putting on rollers to compete! I think even tall, overweight, unfit mountain bike riders had faster qualifying times 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Ew…it’s like that is it? I’d heard good things about it…fleck!

[video]http://vimeo.com/14600175[/video]

For me, the voiceover made me want to cut my ears off. Lovely music/footage though.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ll take my new ipod tough 4th generation and listen to some music you’ve probably never heard of whilst watching the film, if there’s wifi i’ll send ironic updates via twitter.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ok, I think I’d still give it a chance though on the presumption that the voice over might be different for the film…will check that out though.

Yep, music’s good.

trickydisco
    Free Member

tricky – from what I remember, you are the only rider in VC Bristol who is worth putting on rollers to compete! I think even tall, overweight, unfit mountain bike riders had faster qualifying times

Have you not heard? Si off of webbs is seeing a resurgence. He came 9th at castle combe. To be honest, there’s some ruddy stiff competition turning up to this event. There’s a kiddie in the club that regularly pushes 225 on his turbo!

rp16v
    Free Member

just watched the trailer and im liking the look of that

noteeth
    Free Member

I’ll be there (Lifecycles & the Cyclocross film), looking decidedly non-hipster-ish.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ah, so people are talking about this on here too…

Lifecycles isn’t that great IMO, but driving Phil around the country to meet up with more STWers will be.

I really want to do a ride as part of this… possibly a road and a dirt ride!

philconsequence
    Free Member

we could meet in reading then scoot down the m4 yeti? i can leave my car at work instead of you coming all the way to mine to meet up…. :mrgreen:

although if you’re wanting to ‘road it up big stylee’ then it means i’m going to be in everyone’s way…. hmmmmm, we should discuss this when you’re next over for a play me thinks

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Happy not to do roadie stuff – plenty of fun off-roading within a shout of town. If Yeti wants to road it up, that could be arranged for a different day.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jimmers should come whether he can ride or not 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I actually much prefer riding me mountain bike, so all gooooooood.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’ve got some great road routes around Bristol. Or we could pop over to ashton court for a spin

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Or we could pop over to ashton court for a spin

I was thinking AC and LW for the tourists trickydisco. Do you think there’s enough there for a day’s fun?

wallop

Anyone who is thinking of popping down to see Life Cycles tonight – don’t bother unless you have pre-ordered a ticket. 🙁

It’s sold out!

trickydisco
    Free Member

Well.. it’s tonight (the rollapaluza racing that is). Around 50 riders registered

http://www.riderhq.com/events/rollapaluzacyclescreenbristol?p=1#men

Quite a few sponsored riders and loads of fixie hipster jean wearing trendy boys

Who’s racing?

wallop

I’ll be popping in for a look after the film.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’ll be popping in for a look after the film.

Why not have a go?

wallop

Cos I don’t want to be shown up by a fixie kid with a quiff. A girl of my age should retain her dignity where possible. Plus I’ll be having a couple of Gems.

trickydisco
    Free Member

them fixie hipster kids got trounced when i had a go in december. 😈

Look on their face 🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

I can’t be there tonight (several thousand miles away right now) but I’d recommend having a go regardless of age, alcohol etc. I hadn’t ridden a bike for 3 weeks and was out of shape when I tried it – and got 3rd fastest qualifying time!

Saying that – tricky can make his little stumpy legs go around veeeery quickly and if he doesn’t win again, there will be words had. 😡

shaggy

I’m working for Rollapaluza tonight. Just as well as I’d show myself up on the rollers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Cyclescreen, Bristol, 18-21 August’ is closed to new replies.