Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • PSA: LIDL bike stuff
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Apparently out next Monday

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oops sorry forgot to post the link – cheers ATPs 🙂

roger_mellie

Anyone used the inner tubes before? Are they paper thin or alright?

foxyrider
    Free Member

No but the socks are ace for the summer 🙂

Lummox

Second the socks, very good

DezB
    Free Member

tubes will be fine – all their stuff is decent quality. Probably schraeder only though

soma_rich
    Free Member

The track pump is good too mine just died after 4 years use so will be getting another. I love their socks too.

slugwash
    Free Member

Last years short liners were brilliant. 🙂 Hopefully, they will be this time round as well. Well made and well comfy with a great ‘chamois’ padding that puts the Endura Humvee short liners to shame.

I’m not bothering with the SPD shoes again though. I’ve had two pairs that have both come apart in the centre of the sole a few rides after fitting cleats to them. 🙁

DezB
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

Just popped into Lidls – they are doing glasses again, unfortunately not the £3.99 jobs, but some slightly flasher ones for £7.99.

inner tubes are “American valve” only, whatever the hell that is!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Schraeder you ignoramus hippopotamus. 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

Who you calling a hippo?

foxyrider
    Free Member

@DezB – Does this mean (as they sometimes do) that some of the stock is already in – if so I’ll pop by tonight?

DezB
    Free Member

No no, just saw it in the leaflet thingy they have lying around

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂

augustuswindsock

On a similar vein, Aldi’s got some motorcycle orientated padlock and chain sets for a tenner,got one for locking bikes to car rack when we stop for a wee/ coffee!

BigJohn

I have the waterproof rain trousers. I got them a few years ago and this years look identical. A couple of years ago at Christmas in the Lakes (when it really threw it down all weekend) I was the only warm dry one in our group.

I think I’ll get another pair, plus a jacket for Mrs BJ. Their old backpacks used to be the same as Camelbak Mules (except the Lidl ones have longer lasting zips). I’ll take a look at those too.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Mrs BJ – fnarf fnarf 😉 😳

R.lepecha

any one ever had any of the Lidl Cycling Gilets? seems like a cheap windproof softshell?
    I’ll probably get some of the cycling shorts and one of those gilets if they look any good when I go.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Just a reminder – the last post was lost 🙂

mav12
    Free Member

anything worth a look i am going on my way home

foxyrider
    Free Member

socks +1
    Pump is OK
    and Gloves are good for summer commuting IME.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Picked up a gillet today, cant go wrong for £6.99 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

cant go wrong

Not saying LIDL stiff is no good but cheap crap is still crap, just cheaper.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I agree some of it is what you pay for but I refuse to use high end cycle stuff for commuting myself i.e. 14 miles a day with LIDL stuff and then 60 miles a week with decent stuff ?

yunki
    Free Member

good stuff.. very affordable for the occasional leisure rider and providing valued jobs in places where they are truly appreciated..

not too bad on quality either unless you are looking for boutique technical fabrics etc..

binners

providing valued jobs in places where they are truly appreciated.

Chinese schools? 😉

cookeaa

Not saying LIDL stiff is no good but cheap crap is still cheap crap.

Well essentially you are saying LIDL stuff is Crap aren’t you…

It’s all right though, you carry on paying over the odds for your Logos us cheapskates will happily muddle along with our “Sub-standard” kit and the self satisfied smugness that comes from not being a mug…

cynic-al
    Free Member

cookeaa, wind your neck in, do have you sand in your vag?

My point is buying cheap can be a false economy, FWIW I rarely buy expensive kit and own stuff from LIDL and Aldi. Some of it is crap though.

And foxyrider myfair point but more expensive stuff can last longer, be more comfortable. I spec my commuter well as I ride it at least 4 hours a week – no other bike gets that use.

ourmaninthenorth

I refuse to use high end cycle stuff for commuting myself

In that it all wears out faster when used lots, for sure it’s better to wear out less costly stuff.

However, if you’re doing 150-250 miles a week commuting, then you might as well spend all that time in some decent gear.

tim41
    Free Member

Picked up a gillet today, cant go wrong for £6.99

You can go wrong when the zip breaks after about a week, as it did on the Lidl (or was it Aldi?) Gilet I bought a few years ago.

Saying that I have also had zips break on items from Altura, Endura and Camelbak (twice..grrrr…) long before worn out in any other way. Why are zips on cycling kit so poor??

foxyrider
    Free Member

However, if you’re doing 150-250 miles a week commuting, then you might as well spend all that time in some decent gear.

True hence my inclusion of my low mileage 😉 Its up to anyone what they buy – its a free country after all 🙂

R.lepecha

I bought the floor pump, a Gilet and the baselayer type thing.

allthepies
    Free Member

You can go wrong when the zip breaks after about a week, as it did on the Lidl (or was it Aldi?) Gilet I bought a few years ago.

+1 happened to me on an Aldi/Lidl gillet.

RichJJ
    Free Member

Some of the stuff is good and some not so, trial and error really. I bought some of the compresion shorts and vests, got them last year too and consider them value for money. From experience though I would not touch the full Zip top again as the zip was far too stiff, if you looked down it poked your eye out. Fingerless gloves are OK for a season, so bought another pair. Trying the half zip top and socks this time also. No work stand though 😥

mav12
    Free Member

half zip top and gloves here wanted some tubes but they where road tubes with schrader valves 😥

MoreCashThanDash

I got a gilet – generous sizing in the large, I could probably just about squeeze into the medium.

£6.99 will do me fine for commuting!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Bought 8 pairs of socks and some chocosofties 🙂

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Picked up another gilet today, I think they are great value.

Will try and find a store with the waterproof trousers I did see them today but not in my size 😐

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘PSA: LIDL bike stuff’ is closed to new replies.