Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA – More Ebay dodgy bike stuff
  • Trailseeker
    Free Member

Been bidding on a pair of brakes Here it seems every item he's sold has been bid up by the same user Here
    Then I check out the feedback & its a bit obvious!

If you click the pics on the Ebay item it takes you to the site of a guy who was up to no good on Bike radar.

julianwilson
    Free Member

The two ebay id's belong to the same person, that is why! 😆

[EDIT] he was up to no good on here and SDH too, also with a couple of different logins here at least.

nuke

The eBay username sounds very familiar and not in a good way…try searching on this forum. Doesn't look positive from what I've found 🙁

hora
    Free Member

Looks wierd- like shillbidding to me.

Feedback 'number' matches on the bid list and on the other bidder.

MrAgreeable

A guy with the same handle sells quite a bit of stuff on here, and also posts the occasional sob story.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/help-get-my-mate-a-new-bike-how-to-get-funds

hora
    Free Member

Items bid on 45….

Bid activity (%) with this seller: 98%

tails
    Free Member

I guess it depends is he bidding his items so they are the most expensive on ebay, if so don't bid or is he bidding to around his reserve and letting others break the reserve, if so I'd prob bid.

Bascally are you still getting a fair deal for the product.

kimbers

so has anyone reported him for shilbidding to ebay?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Looks like he has won his own items so he can leave himself good feedback. There are so many threads about him and scouttingforparts all over MTB forums.

I'd stick well clear.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Oh and I contacted eBay a while back about buying his own items and feedback left for himself.

uplink
    Free Member

Oh – & stop bidding on things, you'll only encourage the hard of thinking to bid against you

Bid once
    Bid your maximum + a few pence
    Bid very late [within the last 20 seconds]

julianwilson
    Free Member

Oh and I contacted eBay a while back about buying his own items and feedback left for himself.

blimey. I thought organised shill bidding and feedback on in ebay becasue it was just too big to police unless someone told them about it. Perhaps they just can't be bothered even when someone does, just as long as the listing and final value fees are paid 🙁 .

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

exactly it's all cash to ebay.

hora
    Free Member

If you examine the stats within each bidder on an auction it can help (for me, if its say a car and one person has bid on two different items with the same bidder I walk..)

whoopiegoldbars
    Free Member

Yeah, remember seeing this guy crop up on the SDH forums a while back.

Would have thought he'd have at least changed username by now.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

so has anyone reported him for shilbidding to ebay?

Yes twice

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PSA – More Ebay dodgy bike stuff’ is closed to new replies.