Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • PSA : North Manchester Night Ride – This Wednesday
  • Harry_the_Spider

Anyone fancy a spin round the “Scenes” route from issue 51?

Expect 2 hours of dirty fun followed by a pint in the pub or a brew back at mine*

Meet at 8:30pm in Fairfax Road car park, Prestwich .

* subject to numbers, how muddy we are, me wanting to let a load of strangers into my back garden.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=RZD&q=Fairfax+Rd,+Prestwich,+Manchester,+Lancashire+M25,+UK&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

terrahawk
    Free Member

I'll be there.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

noooo.. Got to visit a mate in hospital on Wednesday night.. Gutted.. Looks fun..

Harry_the_Spider

terrahawk – Member
    I'll be there.

Autographing cleavages, kissing babies and posing for photos with the Ragley Ti?

terrahawk
    Free Member

I can do. I can also kiss cleavages and autograph babies if that's what 'the kids' want.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Whats the route?

terrahawk
    Free Member

route will be Hurst Wood/Nob End/Philips Park – that kind of thing. Not so much a route rather a make-it-up-as-we-go-along-depending-on-recent-weather kinda thing.

Harry_the_Spider

Prestwich – Philips Park – Waterdale – Hurst Woods – Outwood – Canal – Nob End – Prestolee – Clifton – 13 Arches – Prestwich

Or a variation of.

terrahawk
    Free Member

If we feeling really adventurous we'll do the Not Quite Calderdale Steps of Peril.

nbt

I'm in, but the only cleavage I've got is my bum cleavage. Will you still kiss it?

No?

actually, wednesday is the one night of the week we can't do, It's pub quiz night. Next time you do it on another night though….

Harry_the_Spider

Bump for the evening shift. Any takers?

Nezbo
    Free Member

hehe 'Nob End' hehe How childish am i…

I may be up for that 🙂 will let you know.

Harry_the_Spider
    wors

Do you go down the track that runs down the old locks? If so take some shears with you and cut back them brambles!

Harry_the_Spider

Terrahawk can go down it first. His scorching speed has an effect on the undergrowth similar to napalm.

lanternerouge
    Free Member

Hi lads, saw the article in the magazine, looks great fun. Would love to join you on a ride sometime – can't do this Weds unfortunately. What are the tracks you go on like? Would my bike like it? It's a Scott Sportster hybrid job…see the link

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3516/3815132007_109422b24a.jpg

Cheers

Lanterne

Harry_the_Spider

That'll be alright. There is so much variety that you can pick and choose.

Mof
    Free Member

Possibly another two here…

Mof
    Free Member

If we do manage to join in, we'll be riding in from the Bolton (Nob End end) so maybe meet up on-route rather than try to find the Fairfax rd car park….maybe join in around Phillips Park or Prestwich Clough Park or Clough Lane…any suggestions?

Harry_the_Spider

I don't know what time we'll get there. The route/timing varies depending on mud conditions, and Nob End is about 2/3 of the way round. Why not blat down Sustrans 6 and meet us in Waterdale/Philips Park at the clough gate next to the fishing lodge and the climb into the park?

We'll be there at around 8:40. I'll post a map with an arrow on it when I get to work.

Harry_the_Spider

A (crap) map.

Zoomed.

Mof
    Free Member

Thanks. I think I know where that spot is… hopefully we'll be there.

Harry_the_Spider

By the new green painted metal gate.

MrSparkle

Wear a pink carnation.

Harry_the_Spider

I already am.

Are you joining us Mr S?

MrSparkle

I think so, on condition that you return the compliment some time.

Harry_the_Spider

Its compliments that you want is it?

You have nice shoes.

Bunnyhop

Oh no I'm washing my hair otherwise would be there.
    Really though, I'd be worried about holding all you speedy boys up.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if I had know it was this kind of meeting in the woods I would have been up for it 😉
    Bit late for me sadly but tempting

Mof
    Free Member

I'm very old & slow but I won't get lost bringing up the rear, everybodys 2 hour rides take me three…. mate will keep up though.

Harry_the_Spider

It'll be reet. Nobody will get left behind (unlike last time 😳 )

Bring beer money. If the weather is nice we'll finish up in the boozer.

Harry_the_Spider

Good run last night lads. Dusty trails eh, who'd have thought it?

My arms are still fizzing after going round "Itchy & Scratchy" though.

Mof
    Free Member

Yep… enjoyed it… sorry to hold you back though fellas… My aches ache.

joe280578
    Free Member

when you fellas next head out any chance you could post it up here? passed me by altogether but i'd fancy it next time.. cheers

Harry_the_Spider

Mof, you didn't hold anyone back. I can't move my head properly after all of those tree-strikes. Time to find my helmet mounted light I think.

Joe123456789, we're out quite a lot. Keep your eyes peeled for the next one.

joe280578
    Free Member

good man

terrahawk
    Free Member

mate will keep up though.

indeed he did.

Was good fun that, good to meet some new faces. My arms and legs are cut to bloody ribbons today though. I'll have to get out there with the Agent Orange.
    Or some snippy things.

AndyF1
    Free Member

Yep was a good un,i`m up for it again despite looking like i have self harm issues. Might take some shears down the locks friday.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘PSA : North Manchester Night Ride – This Wednesday’ is closed to new replies.