Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • pushing pikes
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

in laymans terms – what effect will it have? no technobollox please

jfeb
    Free Member

I’ve not had it done but I gather it makes the damping better for higher-speed/bigger hits at the expense of some low speed/small bump sensitivity. If you regulary ride fast, rocky trails and/or have issues with the standard damping having the PUSH’ed is probably a good idea.

MrNutt
    Free Member

speedier downstream with a greater weir to current ratio.

gamo
    Free Member

Less packing down and spiking over repeated bumps and bigger hits,
    i thought my pikes were great before,after pushing they are fantastic.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

whats the cost – do i need a service too?

carlos
    Free Member

The service you’ll recieve is fantastic, I’ve used them before and won’t hesitate to use them again. I think it’s standard to service them whilst their in bits, as it makes sense.
    All the info you need should be here:- http://www.tftunedshox.com/rockshox-service/
    HTH

Carl

retro83
    Free Member

quite a good review of push here

Vortexracing

Had both my pikes doen (One set on the X5 the other on the Soul) Makes a BIG difference when you get down the really rocky stuff such as in the lakes.

They never seemed to be phased by anything.

good value if linked with a service. About another £40 if i recall correctly

fivespot
    Free Member

Got Pushed Pikes on my Hustler, spot-on. The Push internals allow a greater oil flow, which helps the faster and rougher you ride, where the std. Pike damping could’nt flow enough oil quick enough to cope with the higher speed bumps, hence packing down and feeling harsh. Well worth it.

It may be worth considering selling your std. Pikes and buying a set of new ones alreadey Pushed. I bought a new Pushed RP23 for £330 from TFT, when a std. one was £300

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘pushing pikes’ is closed to new replies.