Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • re: the lightweight issue rant thread –
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

read the thread but was unable to comment as I have never bought a copy of singletrack. I regularly buy MBR, although if there's nothing in there that interests me i won't bother. From a shop flick though, Singletrack has never jumped off the shelf to me – too many words – not enough pretty bling to wish away my salary on. But MBR is easily read in no time and there are lots of ads (which I don't mind, makes it easy from looking for stuff)

so I thought I better go out and buy a copy to make my own judgement.

And dya know what – it's flippin good! Now I've actually got it home and sat down properly it's changed my view completely. I wouldn't say it's light on content at all – quite the opposite (although I've not read any other issues to compare) I'll certainly be getting it next month too if it has something that catches my eye. So I say good job 'Mark and the team'

I've also got a 29er on order – god help me, i'll be growing a beard next!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It had better be a singlespeed or you're banned.

I read MBUK (good) and ST (better). I particularly like the Premium Member flash version with all the free embedded stuff.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Haha, I demoed a kona 29er singlespeed and did quite like it but tbh it's friggin hard work in the peak district and some of the technical climbs were plain impossible – not for me I'm afraid! If I lived in flatville it'd be a different story

Jamie
    Free Member

Did this really need a topic for itself? Someone want a bit of attention? 😉

M6TTF
    Free Member

I was unable to add my reply in the thread it was in reference to – I assure you I have no craving for the limelight

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘re: the lightweight issue rant thread –’ is closed to new replies.