Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • RECOGNISE ANYONE? BIKE THEFT ENQUIRY – GIANT DEFY 4 ADVANCED. ROMSTER/JEJAMES.
  • romster
    Free Member

At around 4.00pm on Tuesday 30th June, I had my bike stolen from JE James Cycles Rotherham (Giant Defy 4 Advanced, 50cm – Medium, White Outland Pedals and a Cateye Mity Computer Attached) – The 3 males in these photographs were in the area of the shop from where the bike was stolen, do you know them? Could you put us in contact with them?

We would simply like to chat to them at this stage to rule them out of our enquiries…..Many Thanks.

9 photo's below…….

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Sunglasses on, clocking the cameras – they don't need ruling out.

romster
    Free Member

[EDIT] – Fair point KT

coopersport1
    Free Member

I'm no spook but they definately know they're being watched!

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Agree 100% with KT – Thats the scumbags!! 👿

wwaswas

is it just me who can't see any pics?

khani
    Free Member

yes

khani
    Free Member

ask the mods for a sticky on this

thepurist

@wwaswas – All I see is the invisible man and his two brothers.

romster
    Free Member

Guys guys guys – READ THE OTHER THREAD! Clicky

I'll be editing this post shortly.

uplink
    Free Member

I don't see any photos

MrsToast
    Free Member

The only people who can wear sunglasses indoors and not be criminals are Rob Zombie and that ginger dude from CSI. IT'S A FACT!

wwaswas

ah well. I'll stop waiting for them to load then.

santacruz
    Free Member

It looks like they made a purchase from the store given the white bag in right hand in the later photo's. If they paid by card then the store will have a name?

romster
    Free Member

It looks like they made a purchase from the store given the white bag in right hand in the later photo's. If they paid by card then the store will have a name?

Babycare Brochures!!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That tat's gotta narrow it down a bit?

sadexpunk

have i got some daft settings on my pc? i cant see pics either!

Jamie
    Free Member

I think adblockers might be killing the pics.

Edit: Yup there is the culprit:

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/adimages/artwork/Snapshot-7.jpg

wwaswas

maybe you have to have a flickr account or something to see them?

Edit – ah, red face here then!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I don't have a flickr acount i can see them.

What browser are you guys using?

sadexpunk

hmmm i can usually see pics on here tho :-/

firefox here.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

So its the guy in green that took the bike?

Did he spend any time with the other two?
    Does your town have cctv on the streets?

wwaswas

works in IE for me (where I may *ahem* see more ads than I do in Firefox).

Jamie
    Free Member

hmmm i can usually see pics on here tho :-/

Yes, but adblocking works on keywords in the pictures/videos urls. Such as the word 'ads'/'ad'/'adimages' etc.

colnagokid

see if you can get the pics on that "crimewatch roadshow" programme thats on bbc1 of a morning

thepurist

Yep turning off one of my add-ons in Firefox seems to have revealed the pix. Can't help tho, but good luck finding them!

romster
    Free Member

Well had the police interview, the officer seemed pretty chuffed we'd done so much already to make people and retailers aware of the situation aswell as distributing the pic's here to help with police enquiries. Seem's they may have been stalking our place for a while to know where the bikes are kept etc which was pretty obvious anyway, these guys knew what they were doing. We're definitly prepared for if they come back though now. Still haven't got the nod to use the pic's in the local press as yet but he did mention the crime watch thing which i thought would be a good call to see if anyone recognises these guys. The guy in the green top is our main concern, he entered the shop through the main doors, but never left through the main doors and unless he has magic powers of human transportation (highly unlikey), the only door he could have left the building from was the open fire escape which was the same door we suspect my bike went out of. As you can imagine we REALLY want to speak to him the most. We still aren't in a position to actually say this guy stole the bike but if you do recognise anyone from these pictures it could lead us to something big if these guys are as organised as we think they are. Thanks for reading guy's and if you can forward this thread to anyone you feel may be at threat from such an outfit then do so. If anyone has any information no matter how big or small i can be contacted on andylivo@jejamescycles.co.uk or call me on 01709 538379 ext 7. Over and out for now. Andy

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Best of luck catching these bawbags. I detest bike thieves. Hanging's too good for 'em. 😈

Cougar

Is it just the photos, or do pink and green look very similar? Brothers?

romster
    Free Member

Mr Pink, white caucasian, Mr Green eastern european. . . .highly unlikey but thanks for looking at the pic's so closely. Been pretty overwhelmed from the response on here tbh. I was hoping that maybe someway or somehow we could track this gang down because we're pretty sure from comparing the images above to our archive, these three we're wanted with enquiries on another bike that was stolen from us under similar circumstances nearly a year ago to the day. . . . .

project
    Free Member

Pinky , quite distintive tatoos on his right arm,

Greeny, poor sod handcuffed already,

Where did they tie the guide dog up. 🙂

Where can i get a pink shirt from very metro-sexual.

romster
    Free Member

Any mod's about? What's the chance's of actually bumping this to a sticky for a week or two? The more people that see these photo's the better in hope we eventually get some kind of lead! Just a thought after reading a previous post. . . .we think it'd be a great idea and a big help to all the bike shop's out there too.

paulfulford
    Free Member

@romster why don't you report your post? that should grab a mod's attention?

romster
    Free Member

Cheeky question, could you report the thread for me and put forward my reason for making it a sticky. I'm posting from my phone at the moment and it won't let me do it. No worries if you can't i can do it tomorrow at work. Cheers for the heads up.

midlifecrashes

Bump, good luck with it.

thepodge
    Free Member

Good on you for doing all this but shame on je James for leaving customet bikes by an open fire escape.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Good on you for doing all this but shame on je James for leaving customet bikes by an open fire escape

Have you read the thread? It was a staff members bike near a closed fire escape and the thief went through the shop into a staff area.

hora
    Free Member

Gok Wan needs to stop dressing them. 😡

On a less serious note, OP have you contacted your local station/Detectives? That tattoo is fairly distinctive. If he has previous he may be on the system with that tattoo noted.

romster
    Free Member

@podge & hora, as shep says, if you both read this thread and the other original thread to this, link above somewhere, you'll get a better picture of the current situation chaps. Still hanging on to the hope a bike shop comes in at some point and say's we've got them in our archive of tea leaves too! Shep i printed your email off and gave it to the officer who took the statements yesterday so hopefully he'll be contacting the force involved with the incident you guys experienced. . . . . . .fingers crossed all this work pay's off.

thepodge
    Free Member

Shep, have you read this thread? It says open fire escape and I didn't know that they worked there, I haven't read every thread.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘RECOGNISE ANYONE? BIKE THEFT ENQUIRY – GIANT DEFY 4 ADVANCED. ROMSTER/JEJAMES.’ is closed to new replies.