Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me a Bike repair stand under £100
  • Flapjack
    Free Member

Looking to buy a bike repair stand but ideally don't want to spend more than £100, and I just want something stable for the shed. Looking at Park tool PCS9 for £70 from Winstanley's – anyone got any experience of using one?
    Mate's got a Minoura W-3100 which seems pretty good, but really I wanted something different.

Any suggestions?

FJ

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

spindoctor

benji_allen
    Free Member

I got a PCS9 for my birthday. I'm no bike stand expert, but I'm really pleased with it.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Doesn't fold down very well though. You lift it up and the legs sort of swing down. Still like it though.

robarnold
    Free Member

The Park ones are far better than the Minoura offerings, we use both in the shop and the Park are much more stable. I bought a Spin Doctor one for my dad a few years back for about sixty quid, I use it a fair bit in our garage now and wish i'd have been a bit more generous and splashed out on the Park one!

travellingman
    Free Member

I have to say that both the Park PCS9 and Minoura W-3100 have both passed through my hands and in my humble opinion, both were equally average, bordering on crap. Both seemed overpriced for cheapo steel knocked up and packaged accordingly.
    I've been looking at the Kestrel Engineering ProAm stand. It comes in a little over a £100 (their price list online is out of date). However, I haven't seen one in the flesh, so I can't really comment.
    Otherwise, start saving for a Feedback stand. A little too 'bling' for my taste but apparently very good.

sv

PCS-9 very nice stand IMO. Have worked on several different bikes and they all clamped easily, it's very stable and the metal clamp is much better than plastic.

thebunk

I've got one of these from Edinburgh Bicycle, but I've seen them elsewhere rebadged. If you shop around you can sometimes get them for around £50.

It's really sturdy, loads of adjustment, rubber feet so that it doesn't mark the floor, and it folds up nicely too. I think it's great, but the Park one says "Park" on it, so it's probably better.

Gnnr

+1 for the Edinburgh Bicycle one. Keep an eye on their sale offers.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have the Edinburgh Cycles one and it is excellent. It was badged as Fat Spanner i think. Cost me £45 off eBay last year and came with the magnetised bits tray.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

+3? for the edinburgh bicycle stand, which is currently sold cheaper with different labels like spindoctor.

more answers here courtesy of the search tool…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/workshop-stand-advice-needed

marco
    Free Member
    Munqe-chick
    Free Member

marco thats another edinburgh bicycle re-badged one, good spot one of the cheapest at the mo.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Bike repair stand under £100’ is closed to new replies.