Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommend me a Softshell
  • stayhigh

I need a new softshell after my lovely Rab disappeared in regretable circumstances i.e. I left it somewhere and when I went back it was gone 😳

I cant afford more then £50 tops, would like one with a hood and either pit zips or venting pockets in the chest area oh and those thumb hook jobies too.

Possibly moon on a stick but whats about?

overthehill
    Free Member

how about Marmot driclime? They can’t be far off your budget

[have just googled it, eg: http://www.outdoorwarehouse.co.uk/index.cfm?action=shop.detail&pid=58C91C64-FF29-08BD-484C895781047ABA&ref=gbase ] That one’s going for £60

I’ve got a couple of the windshirts, and a vest too: great bits of kit for autumn and winter biking

jon

hainman
    Free Member

i just popped into tkmaxx by chance on tuesday and they had cobolt softshells for 30quid,black had it on the past 2 days in the rain and its been warm and waterproof.it says its waterproof to 5000 something or another,very comfy for 30 quid and feels just as good as the mountainwear one i bought on sale for 50quid!!good luck on your choice

stayhigh

Hmmm will investigate local TK tomorrow see whats occuring there. Not so keen on the Marmot one though.

donsimon
    Free Member

Good ol’ Decathlon does it again.
    It has a hood, pit zips and those things for your thumbs, it’s also a little longer in the back and I find it ok for cycling. I also like the high neck when zipped up and hood down.

Also in a rather fetching orange.

hainman
    Free Member

hope you find it as thier a realy nice wearing softshell and for the price you cant go wrong!!

stayhigh

Good find Don Simon thats nice. Not entirely sure why the grey or blue ones are a tenner more though?

donsimon
    Free Member

I got a black one about three years ago for €130 😥 and noticed the price drop a couple of months ago. Great for off the bike too.

stayhigh

Any other suggestions?

vondally
    Free Member

sorry but i have a North 66 softshell in polartec material, grey hood thumbloops chest pocket size large but really a med/large, bought last year but never worn 😕 no idea why
    this years
    http://www.66north.com/shop/pc-241-426-glymur-mens-softshell-whood.aspx

looking to sell at £25

Cheers

stayhigh

Vondally could well be intersetd mate, can you email me a pic pls?

vondally
    Free Member

Hi will do will be later though on family duty 😀

stayhigh

Thats cool, the joys of saturday shopping are looming large as I type 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Surface hoodie £60

stayhigh

Looks nice. Have you got one, whats it like?

TonyL
    Free Member

Planet fear have some RAB ones half price at the moment.

niloC
    Free Member

Vondally, if the OP don’t want it I’ll have it

vondally
    Free Member

Hello YGM to both

thanks

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Softshell’ is closed to new replies.