Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Recommend me some baggies please
  • chakaping
    Free Member

My Endura Humvees have come unstitched (again), and I think it’s time I tried another brand.

Don’t need an internal liner, as I have plenty of undershorts. Don’t want them too long, or too baggy.

Also looking to get a separate pair of shorts with built-in hip padding, for falling off the bike in – but have no idea what’s hot or not. Any tips appreciated.

thomthumb
    Free Member

endura singletrack. far superior.

jam-bo

sombrio, even more superior.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

endura zyme – tough and comfy.

chakaping
    Free Member

Are you guys saying the sewing is better on Endura’s other shorts, compared to the Humvee?

tinsy
    Free Member

mmm, was just about to click buy on humvees, now maybe not…

tinsy
    Free Member

I had some specialized ones that were ace in 04, eventually wore out, had a decent proper lycra inner fully removable… wish I could find another pair.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

yes, by far IME – my humvees shredded in under a year. i have 2 pairs of zymes now and both are still going strong after 18mionths

zymes are tougher material

stuckinarut
    Free Member

I have both humvees and singletracks. My humvees have all manner of threads hanging off them – look like a comb-over in a force 10. Singletracks definitely seem better put together.

Bimbler
    Free Member

I like my Endura Singletracks (except for the little belt things )

Baldysquirt

Every pair of endura shorts I’ve had over the last 5 years have had seems come undone. They’re good at fixing them, and they’re great shorts (especially the singletrack), but I may look elsewhere next time.

uplink
    Free Member
    FuzzyWuzzy

Specialized Enduros are nice but a little pricey

Del

i have two pairs for singletracks. the brown ones had a brass rivet thing come off the front belt as i took them out the packet, and now have a hole in the front pocket ( i must be playing too much pocket billiards ), which i have sewn up once. the belts ( there are 3 ) all blow goats. the two side ones i’ve wound back around on themselves so they stay tight, and the front one has to be put back through over itself for the same reason.
    the vent zips at the front were never very good and have now failed on one side.
    bizzarely, the black ones are better – presumably they revised the design before this batch got made. the side belts on these have the rivets fitted to stop the strap just pulling straight through, and the front clasp is a different design, that just wants pulling up a couple of times during a ride.
    endura cannot make belts at any price it seems, and should stop trying. put belt loops on please.
    i would really hope they’ve fixed these problems, because they are otherwise an excellent pair of shorts, that even with these shortcomings i would buy again. how on earth they ever made it out the door originally though is a bit beyond me. talk about spoiling the boat for a ha’peth of tar…
    it maybe that they’ve fixed the issue now.

tinsy
    Free Member

hijack..Thanks fuzzy, going to splurge the extra on the spesh enduros, they look great. That must be the new version of what I had…

whytetrash

Evans got some Fox High frequency shorts on offer at£35…just bought some as bored at work!…like the seargeants so hope these will be pretty good!

chakaping
    Free Member

I was looking at Evans after posting here, might try Altura out.

Any experience of their Altitude shorts?

Anyone had any repair joy out of Endura beyond a year of buying btw?

grumm
    Free Member

Not that keen on my Endura Singletrack really, Spesh Enduro shorts are much nicer. They are pricey though, I got mine with the Spesh summer reward thingy with my bike.

glenp
    Free Member

£25 instead of £80 http://www.mandmdirect.com/products-Oakley-Mens-Compression-Short-Black_OK612.htm

Never tried them, but will be doing so v soon.

ozzybmx
    Free Member

Ive had 3 pairs of fox , in my opinion they are utter crap.

Since then i have bought 5 pairs of oakley shorts , the inner removable chamois shorts aren not so good but the shorts themself are bloody awesome.

richc
    Free Member

My Endura were rubbish to, seems really hard to get decent bike shorts with belts or belt loops at least.

matt_outandabout

Really liking my Sombrio kit here – comfy, lasting really well, very well thought out, looks good.

mark_b
    Free Member

Been using some Zymes for about 3 or 4 years. Popper waist button is finally giving up the ghost (nothing to do with my spreading mass putting it under load at all 😀 ) but apart from that they have been tough and functional. No complaints from me.

Just brought some Sombrio Pinner shorts – seem to be very good quality both in terms of materials used and construction.

uplink
    Free Member

but the shorts themself are bloody awesome

Awesome?

chakaping
    Free Member

Just brought some Sombrio Pinner shorts – seem to be very good quality both in terms of materials used and construction.

Looked at those today but Evans had sold out of mediums.

Wondered why they named them after a west London suburb though.

Lemurian
    Free Member

I’m with jam bo, sombrio kit is quality. Have two pairs of their shorts and they’re well made and look pretty good too. My endura 3/4s are holding up pretty well though.

J0N
    Free Member

Humvees ripped within 4 months and repaired. Lasted 2 years then zip broke. Recently my singletracks split between stretch and non-stretch fabric. stiched at home now better than new. My Zymes are wearing great apart form the impractical popper.

Endura are just weird. Great looking, great pricing, great design, but seam to be strange sizes, variable update, (same year of Zymes, some had belt loops, some didn’t) fall apart at the stitching.

Might give Altura a go next.

richc
    Free Member

can anyone recommend some shorts for a big bloke? I am 36 -> 37″ waist (all pie) and I cannot find any shorts that fit well, they either have shit poppers, a bit restrictive across the legs or just feel too tight.

I used to have some good ground effect shorts but they are massive now.

ozzybmx
    Free Member

Never tried them, but will be doing so v soon.

NOW JUST ORDERED 2 MORE !!!! nice link mate !

glenp
    Free Member

Yep – good prices on that place.

They have dozens of v good regular shorts (ie not cycling-specific). I frequently just use normal cotton cargo shorts over some old lycra/padded, which is just fine for most of the time.

tinsy
    Free Member

Chapking, I have some Altitude shorts in a medium size I think, your welcome to try them for postage and a donation to STW, worn a handfull of times but was kidding myself and theyre a bit tight!!

I blame your thread and the big discount on these from Evans, hope they are better than the cartoon drawing suggests..

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/terra-shorts-ec002495

I wish I had kept up with the thread though and gone for the Oakley’s they look a bargain.

TooTall
    Free Member

Humvee Shorts, couple of years old = great – tough as old boots

Humvee 3/4, bought last year = pish. Fabric pilling, belt won’t stay cinched, lighter fabric.

Hope they get their poo in one sock.

chakaping
    Free Member

tinsy – Sounds good, see from yr profile you’re in Essex, whereabouts?

footstomper
    Free Member

Karrimor do a great set of baggies they don’t have side padding or a liner but worn over lycra they are superb 😀

ozzybmx
    Free Member

Yeah definately , the last 2 pairs of oakley 3.7’s i bought came off ebay at $150au a pair . I just ordered 2 pairs from that website for $120au (2 PAIR posted to Australia)

tinsy
    Free Member

Leigh on Sea..

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve ordered two different pairs of Oakley shorts off that site. The Descent ones looked pretty good too.

Hope they have enough for us all.

Tinsy – Wrong side for me, I’m on Herts border. Will email you.

ozzybmx
    Free Member

Better still ……. phone the order through and the price is 21.60 a pair rather than the websites 24.45 .

http://www.mandmdirect.com/products-Oakley-Mens-Descent-Short-Black_OK613.htm

woodsman
    Free Member

I bought some Mavic shorts recently, the liner is super comfy and the shorts are nicely made too, with YKK zips – unlike the Endura trash of today.

Other than that SWOBO shorts, as soon as Stif get some more sizes in, I’ll get some, the liners are top notch!

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some baggies please’ is closed to new replies.