Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Red and black carbon 456 bike build
  • tony24
    Free Member

here my finished build am over the moon with it 😀

spec:
    brakes – avid elixir r
    forks – Dt Swiss 130 xmc
    Crank – slx
    drivetrain – XO and x9 with pg990 redwin cassette and deraillure
    contact points – selle italia c2 gel saddle, on one cnc stem, answer carbon pro taper bars, easton ea70 carbon seat post and time atac xs pedals.

Pics:

IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/gti180lover/IMG00039-20100628-2020.jpg[/IMG]

TheSwede
    Free Member

Oh dear oh dear. How can you see the telly and those cute little cats on the window sill with the sofa there.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I don't personally like the red grips but other than that it looks pretty good.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I'm not sure I like the carbon fibre 456's looks… Lovely spec though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

All that's red is the grips.

Where do I get my Monet back?

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Looks phat 8)

nuke

Nice one…no fan of the carbon 456's looks but thats the best looking build I've seen so far

tails
    Free Member

Looks like a bike thats built to be used not looked at.

tony24
    Free Member

thanks for the comments, the frame is a 100% either hate it or like it. Since i saw the prototype i loved the shape. I do appreciate its not to everyone's taste though. 😀

TheSwede
    Free Member

And the feng shui? 🙄

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Looks like a stealth bomber

vdubber67
    Free Member

nuke – Member

Nice one…no fan of the carbon 456's looks but thats the best looking build I've seen so far

+1 – that's a good un. Superstar grips though? Surely they'll make your hands drop off the first time you hold them or something (joke – I own some)

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I'd go red Hope stem and black grips (with red lockons)

nickc

What's going on with that rear brake hose?

TheSwede
    Free Member

This lot would look nice on there.

tony24
    Free Member

The rear brake hose is going to be altered very soon have not had time to bleed them and cut them down yet and that was the best route without having a bunch of hose sticking out the front of the bike. 😀

I did want black grips with red lock rings but superstar sold out 🙁 like the red hope stem idea though.

nickc

Do not get a red Hope stem, it WILL look gash, remember less is more, even those grips are pushing your luck a bit

tony24
    Free Member

think you might be right. 🙂

stumpy01

Looks great.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Do not get a red Hope stem, it WILL look gash, remember less is more, even those grips are pushing your luck a bit

aye. if you could have got the black grips with red lock-ons you'd be perfect but you're pretty close as is. looks good.

tony24
    Free Member

probably gonna have to order a set of black and red lock ring grips now… its never ending 😆

Been fun building it up just thankful it rides well after spending the money without having reviews to go off.

neilforrow

i think that looks good… but more importantly whats the weight…

tony24
    Free Member

24.8 atm can save weight on tyre's etc and go silly and change the bash guard, chainrings etc etc but its built up a bit heavier to survive some abuse 😈

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Superstar are out of stock on red lockrings and bar ends…i ended up ordering red grips with black lockrings too in my impatience.
    They look good tho..hopefully look nice on my red inbred.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

looks nice and stealth. Agree the black grips wih red lock-ons would look bang-on (just got some off STW classifieds for my steel 456 😉 . Maybe a red stem topcap to compliment the fork adjuster and seat clamp.

Frame alone looks fugly. Built up like that it looks the bizniz. 8)

rubberneck
    Free Member

RIIIIGHTTT, THATS IT,,,, **** the holiday im getting one.

PS whats the weight of the build mate ???

tony24
    Free Member

its a couple of post up 😉

but just for you 24.8 pounds.

igm

Ride it now – you got it right first time (except perhaps the wheels shouold have been Hope Pro IIs on Flows – you choose the colour, red hubs with black spokes and rims might work)

chillidave
    Free Member

Looks lovely and I'm very tempted to build something with similar forks and carbon bits. How does it ride?

tony24
    Free Member

ride is brilliant. very chuck able, easy climbing and can take a hammering went to a local part near me where there is plenty of jumps and had a good go at them like i have done on my FS and it was solid as you like. there is no flex hard to believe your on a carbon bike tbh.

130mm forks feels enough for my type of riding with a good mix of xc and trail centre's. can imagine its a laugh with 160mm travel forks 😆

chillidave
    Free Member

That sounds superb exactly what I'd like, 1.5kg frame you can ride anywhere, I even quite like the unique look.

Now if only it wasn't a whole month until they have it in my size…. thanks for the feedback!

Matbike
    Free Member

great 😛

letmetalktomark

Lovely.

Unless I have missed it – what size is it?

Looking to perhaps use one as a racing frame for winter……

tony24
    Free Member

18" frame

rubberneck
    Free Member

any updates on the 456C , hows it coping in the real world ?

tony24
    Free Member

coping brilliantly. Not had any major issue's with it at all i have jumped on it done double's on it ( and cocked some up ), crashed on it and it still looks like the day i brought it.

Its a true pleasure to ride and i cannot recommend the frame enough.

Only small gripe is it should have a bb protector plate for when you drop your chain but i have applied some real carbon layer protectors in the area to stop it getting damaged. Even when i did drop the chain under full tension on a hill it barely marked the outer layer let alone the carbon.

Seeems strong enough to me 😆

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Red and black carbon 456 bike build’ is closed to new replies.