Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Revelations leeking around motion control
  • jonb
    Free Member

Grrr,

Missed the club night ride. When I compress my forks there is a hissing sound coming from the top of the right leg where the motion control is.

Checked with soapy water and there's air coming out.

There are lots of google hit reporting the problem but not many telling you how to fix it. Is it easy or is it a service job. They're only about 8 months old so they could go back under warrany AGAIN!

Anybody know owt?

jonb
    Free Member

And the flippin u turn is stuck!

chorlton
    Free Member

I serviced mine (non u turn dual air) the other week for the first time in two and a half years.
    They'd had it. 🙂

Very easy to do if you're the practical sort. I just cleaned everything and changed the oil as the seals looked fine although I think you should replace the seals every time they're serviced.
    Sounds like a seal has gone on yours and what with the u turn being stuck it may be best sending them back.

I downloaded the service instructions from Srams website.

jonb
    Free Member

From what I've read it's a frequent failure/design flaw so I will sending them back under warranty for the second time. I prefered my mx comps, 4 years of trouble free bounce.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

if you don't want to do it yourself you can just post the motion control unit to TFTuned to replace the seal, i think it was about £25.

nuke

When I compress my forks there is a hissing sound coming from the top of the right leg where the motion control is. Checked with soapy water and there's air coming out.

Does this matter though? Its the left leg with the air spring that will be a problem if it's leaking air and not the right leg with the damping.

My Revs have always been a bit 'breathy'…makes no different unless they lose oil. The 'breathing' is normally after they have been stored for a while and it tends to stop a little way into a cycle.

jonb
    Free Member

They feel wierd as well. Besides it may not be a problem for function but they are ten months old and it's only just started happening. At 4 years I would accept it, not less than one 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Revelations leeking around motion control’ is closed to new replies.