Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Roll Call – Sunday 25th July – Skipton mega loop
  • Wharfedale
    Free Member

Sunday 25th July – Meet at 10AM set off at 10:30

Skipton mega loop

30 ish mile loop – 4200ft up dale and down dip

Steady relaxed pace, lycra clad speed freaks will be disappointed. Pub stop half way around so bring some cash.

Not decided on start point yet (it will be somewhere in Skipton), will try and find somewhere everyone can park for free.

If you can add yourself to the list so I can get an idea of numbers…

Wharfedale +1

lowey

Lowey +1 so far.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Could be tempted, will see how the car situation pans out.

Would be a bit of an epic 6 hour drive in the midget though!

Did a 20 mile loop arround Conniston last year reasoning that the lakes isn't any steeper than the peaks so should be ~2-3 hours. Forgot to factor in that any Peaks ride is inevitably 50% on the road whereas the lakes theres (nearly) always a path.

ton

count me in. 8)

Wharfedale
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Skipton is 35-40 minutes from Leeds on the train if that helps?

ton

thisisnotaspoon

i will pick you up at leeds station….. 8)

domino

Is this ride still on then? Its all gone quiet.

lowey

Hope so, I've got my pass out booked and everything.

dale
    Free Member

sounds great, never ridden around there if I am healed i'm in

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Yep ride is still on

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Bugger – doing the C2C that day!

rockhopperbike

+1 for me too, sounds good

justme
    Free Member

bump g

izakimak
    Free Member

I'm in plus some other's not sure on numbers yet.

ton

where are we meeting, does anyone know.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

I'll confirm the meeting place by tomorrow, looks like we'll need a pay and display car park with the numbers attending.

Route may change slightly. I rode pushed/plugged through some of it on Sunday. Parts of the moors now resemble winter riding conditions…prays for sunshine….

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Right meeting point has been choosen, sat nav users can use the postcode BD23 1LQ. Non sat nav users need to get to Coach Street car park, Skipton. It's pay and display and will cost you £4.20 for the day.

Alternatively if you're too tight to pay for parking you can find various residential streets off either Gargrave road or Water street on the map below.

The post code will take you to the blue dot on the map below (sign posted tourist information) We'll all meet up at the red dot (sign posted canal basin) This is starting to sound like one of those comedy hitler videos on youtube 😆

Aim to meet for 10, leaving at 10:30

lowey

ohhh. 10.30.. a lie in.

I shall be parking without Skipton and ride in to the meet… being a skint tight fisted b'stard.

See you all there.

trout
    Free Member

What is your route Wharfedale and how relaxed ride I may turn up but will be tail end charlie and dont want to spoil it for the faster folks .

which Pub as may join there

could you not park up at Aireville swimming pool for free

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Route will be Sharphaw, down through flasby, hetton on the road, up rylstone moor, cut accross to Embsay crag, past the res, pub stop at the elm tree (1/1:30 I'd guess with a group) onto halton east, up halton green, down to bolton abbey through the woods, up to draughton, back to skipton via the roman road.

Pace will be relaxed, I'm not as fit as I'd like + the route splits into 2 nicely. If you did the first half you can always finish after the pub, or start the ride at the pub?

Aireville now has a 3 hour limit for parking, since the HML building was put up. Anything over 3 hours is £8 😯 – Not sure if they check how long cars have been there but with the way craven dc likes to make money it wouldn't suprise me if it's well policed.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Lowey if you head up Gargrave road, away from skipton there are 6-7 residential streets to the left and right, it's all non permit parking in skipton so you'll find somewhere.

gordy2
    Free Member

Count me In.

G

trout
    Free Member

Hopefully will see you all on top of sharphaw as will be riding from home .

Called in to the swimming pool car park today and was unsure whether sunday counted in the pricing structure so took a pic of the sign .

might be worth a call to the pool to clarify if sunday is free

Chew
    Free Member

If everything gos well with the bike fix and house move i'll be there.

Theres plenty of cheaky parking if you go up Shortbank Road.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

********************CHANGE OF PARKING/MEETING PLACE*******************

Hopefully nobody will miss this post!

Well spotted Trout that'll teach me for not reading the sign properly, I've spoken to the swimming pool and confirmed parking at the weekend is free!

Satnav users need to use the post code – BD23 1UD

None sat nave users need to make their way to Gargrave road, Skipton and you'll see signs for the swimming pool.

We'll aim to meet at the top of the carpark for 10, setting off for 10:30

lowey

Nice one lads!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ahh tempting will be there I think
    Lowey will contact you re lift sharing

lowey

I can pick you up Sunday AM mate. Where are you living / floating these days ?

Forecast looks good and our local trails have held up in after the rain surprisingly well. Lovely and grippy tonight.

ton

not gonna be able to make it now………….have fun… 😥

LoveTubs
    Free Member

May I join you?

+

I'm driving up from Chesterfield, could stuff another bike, maybe two without wheels fitted, if anyone requires a lift?

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Thats a shame Tony, give us a shout if you want to head over to Skipton another time and I'll show you around.

Everyone is welcome, this is a social ride, it's as much about the people that come as the trails we ride.

teagirl
    Free Member

May join you for some of the ride or just at the pub as it's 20yds from my abode! I'll see what the girls want to do…..

Parking is free in Embsay carpark, at least for this year, it's an annual issue.

luke.ellis
    Free Member

count me in. may ride over see you at the swimming pool

trout
    Free Member

Wharfedale
    Are you going to the top of sharphaw or following the legit bridleway

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Thanks for organising this…

…son's 21st so a no go for me 🙂

Hope it's a good'un…

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Teagirl if you do come can you spare me 5 minutes, I want to pick your brains on Embsay, we're trying to buy a house there.

Trout we'll head right to the top of Sharphaw, its worth it for the view for those that might not of done it before.

gordy2
    Free Member

Wharfedale

Due to my lack of fitness, and age, I plan to ride in to the meet at the Swimming Pool from Embsay and leave you as you cut off to the Crag down the track to Halton Heights then down to Halton where I hope to meet you in the pub, if you have no objections.

Cheers G

Wharfedale
    Free Member

No objections Gordy, sounds like you know the area so you know all the escape routes.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Gutted, wife on nights on Sunday, would have to back in Ches for 17:00hrs 🙁

Hope I can make the next one, not ridden out that way b4.

Have a great day folks .

teagirl
    Free Member

Wharfedale no probs on picking my brains, I'll meet you all at the pub, I can see it from my house.

My chum who is coming with us tomorrow works for Bolton Abbey Est. and is a little concerned about hoards of bikers dropping down from Barden over the crag as it's not a bridleway, the owners don't like it!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Roll Call – Sunday 25th July – Skipton mega loop’ is closed to new replies.