• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • RP23 on Scott Spark – My opinion
  • sheppie_hill
    Free Member

I recently decided that I fancied trying an RP23 on my Scott Spark instead of the standard Scott Nude shock with the handlebar lockout. Both myself and one of my riding buddies have had problems with the standard scott shock requiring replacement/servicing prematurely. I was interested to see if the adjustable platform that the rp23 offered really did negate the need for a lockout on this type of bike. I previously owned an Ibis Mojo with an RP23 on and was not too impressed but thought I would give it another go (being an eternal tinkerer and change whore)

I have now ridden three times with the new shock fitted and wow what an improvement. I have ridden road sections, fireroad climbs, technical singletrack ascents and descents as well as fast rocky descents and it is simply better at everything. The platform works superbly when you need it, providing good bump absorption but at the same time giving sufficient support to prevent the bobbing that the scott spark frame is naturally inclined to (I find I only need to run it in the pro pedal 1 setting too)I am somebody who enjoys climbing fast as much as going down so thought I would miss the full lockout but not a bit of it.

I am riding trails I have ridden many times before faster and taking far more aggressive lines because of the confidence and comfort this change affords.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘RP23 on Scott Spark – My opinion’ is closed to new replies.