Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • rubber queens and tubeless, help
  • roughneck
    Free Member

Had my stans kit on my en321 rims for about 2 years with no probs.I've use NN, MK, swampthings, blue groove and mud x with no probs. But with my new RQ 2.2 they go down with in 6 hours. Help

si-wilson
    Free Member

a bit more sealant well sloshed around helped when i had the same issue.

13thfloormonk

Yep, they need a lot of sealant and a lot of sloshing.

I found they seemed to deflate a little randomly, at first it was overnight, then they would stay up for days on end, then deflate again.

I gave up TBH, but I'd been putting up with a fair amount of tubeless aggro to that point, a bit of patience would probably have seen me right…

iain1775
    Free Member

are they tubeless RQ's or normal?

roughneck
    Free Member

normal. I think its time for some more shaking

MrSmith
    Free Member

i had the same problem. will probably put some more sealant in, they would stay up overnight but first ride out i had to put some more air in.
    worth persevering with as they are grippy but roll fast.

heihei

Even the UST ones aren't the best at holding air!

roughneck
    Free Member

7 hrs and still 55psi, looking good

swainey
    Free Member

not had a problem with mine been up for a month now with 35 psi in them

Onzadog
    Free Member

Inflate them to as low a pressure as you dare and go for a 20 minute ride around the block. That will massage sealant into the pores. Then reinflate and slosh again and you should be good to go.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

I tried ghettoing some Conti Verts. After several goes and lost of riding and shaking they stayed up alright but the sealant dried out really quickly. If you get any clear ooze coming out the sidewalls then give them a regular top up.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I had the same random deflations after initial success. Got out an old baby bath – filled with water and it turned out not to be the usual micro bubble leaks but proper gushers in the sidewalls. A good stans shake at those spots sorted it. Had to repeat twice over about a week and ever since its been fine. Touch wood!

hug
    Free Member

I've had a Mountain King Supersonic running tubeless for a few months now with just occasional top ups with the pump…although at first the sidewalls erupted with hundreds of tiny white spots of sealant (like trying to pump up a tea strainer at first)

roughneck
    Free Member

Back wheel looks good. Just the front going down now

roughneck
    Free Member

god this is taking it time

Inzane
    Free Member

I have RQ's and run them tubeless. No prob getting them to hold air, but the sidewalls have been weeping a bit of clear ooze (propylene glycol from the sealant would be my guess).

However they stay inflated and keep rolling fine so I have not been overly concerned.

If they keep leaking either put more sealant in or try a different brand of sealant. I am on home made stuff… http://mountainbikingzane.wordpress.com/2009/09/23/diy-tubeless-goo-for-mountain-bike-tyres/

Joxster
    Free Member

It sounds like the best thing for all you riders to do is to clean up your wheels, fit tubes and then sell your bikes and use the money to buy a table tennis racket.

You want to run tubeless, then buy UST tyres and stop trying to bodge it with normal tyres and then whine like a bitch that it's a sh!t system. Use proper sealent and not the watered down sh!t you get in the art shops.

Do it properly or don't do it at all.

FuzzyWuzzy

Plenty of normal tyres are fine run tubeless and you don't pay the weight penalty some UST tyres have (High Roller UST are nearly 1kg IIRC). That said I've not had much joy in the past running Conti non-UST tyres tubeless.

runswithscissors

Bit harsh joxster, if you bothered to read the posts no-one is saying the system is rubbish they're just asking for advice or trying to help!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I don't think anyone is actually whining on this thread Joxster, just discussing the relative merits and experiences of using different tyres.

But thanks for forcing your opinions on everyone.
    😉

chakaping
    Free Member

My 2.4 RQs were described as "tubeless ready" on the bike spec.

They obviously weren't ready when I tried to get them to seal though, and I've given up.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

I second what joxter said, minus the whining … I'm too scared :

roughneck
    Free Member

who was whining! I was just saying that they had porous side walls.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘rubber queens and tubeless, help’ is closed to new replies.