• This topic has 40 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Rubbish Parenting
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

Have listened to a very noisy young girl for the past 40 mins, not sure where she is, there are loads of small gardens closeby.

She has been screaming in an ear piercing ultra-high pitched shreik almost continually. I guess she is having fun playing in the garden getting squirted with a hose or some such, but the squealing is not necessary! Can’t the dumb parent tell her little darling cherub to pipe down??

Why doesn’t the mother consider that numerous other people want to enjoy their gardens in this hot weather – selfish twxt!

Now stuck indoors with windows and doors shut and in a foul mood!

Grrrr.

Am I being unreasonable?

cynic-al
    Free Member

yes

Spongebob
    Free Member

stfu cynic-al!

uplink
    Free Member

Am I being unreasonable?

yup

mrsflash
    Free Member

so you’d rather she was inside playing on the wii nice and quietly?

cynic-al
    Free Member

seriously, you think children shouldn’t be allowed to play and make noise outside?

You obviously have no kids. Were you one once?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Spongebob – Member

stfu cynic-al!

You ask a forum if you are being unreasonable, someone says yes and you tell them to shut the **** up.

Do you understand how forums work?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Kids playing and making some noise? Whatever next?
    🙄

Stoner
    Free Member

The irony of the child-hating of someone with a children’s character moniker…

monkeychild
    Free Member

We have just moved house and me and the Mrs think it’s great hearing kids out playing. At our last place it was like the child catcher had been around 😆 Stop being a miserable git and remember you where once a noisy child! 😀

ski
    Free Member

OK, hands up…..

Mine at the weekend were making a noise, they love being out in this weather, playing with water and generally getting soaked through with their friends.

I guess we are lucky as the properties either side are like minded and the kids last weekend had great fun throwing water over the fence at each other.

We had a tap on the door, neighbour across the street ask us to calm them down a bit, as she was going to sleep after a night shift.

So, we bundled the lot onto bikes took them down the park, with the neighbours kids in tow as well and the street went quiet for the rest of the afternoon/evening.

Monday morning, we had a thank you card through the letter box from the lady across the road 😉

thomthumb
    Free Member

there is a huge difference between playing noisily and enthusiastically and just screaming. the two lads next to me have spent the last 5 years screaming – often out playing – read screaminbg at 6 in the morning – weekdays weekends summer winter no odds to them. and go on all day.

they just scream for no reason – i hopw they are growing out of it!

wouldn’t mind so much but the parents take over the garden late evening a procedd to be **** noisy all night!

DezB
    Free Member

I tell mine to be a bit quieter if I know the neighbours are out in the garden.
    But that’s cos he has tourettes.
    IGMC

coffeeking
    Free Member

We always enjoyed being out in the garden in the sun as kids, and sometimes we shouted etc, but if we screamed continuously for more than a minute we were told to keep it down for the sake of others. Seems fairly normal to me, not an unreasonable request at all. And would in no way restrict kids from having fun in the garden.

Drac

Now stuck indoors with windows and doors shut and in a foul mood!

Best place for you.

Off to my eldest sports day soon will be 300 screaming kids and 500 screaming parents.

midlifecrashes

Spongebob – Member

Am I being unreasonable?

Yes, sounds like excellent parenting to me.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Oh I forgot… when you’re a kid you can do, say or scream anything so long as you’re having fun….. 🙄 😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

I don’t have kids, and do like quiet. But I’ll settle for happy shrieking over the whining misery that usually comes from my neighbours’ sprog any day. 🙂

lowey

Yes you are being unreasonable. And miserable to boot.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yes you are being 101% unreasonable.

I assume this must be a troll.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I have no experience of my Neighbour’s kids as no one in the entire road has kids (other than grown up and moved away), however the kids in the neighbouring houses to my office are nice and quiet, this is because they are busy vandalising, practicing the art of graffiti and keying cars, I’d swap them for a noisy bunch any day.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What next?

Complain about the smell of freshly cut grass on a Sunday morning?

Get apoplectic about the smell of a wonderful BBQ being cooked next door?

Rage at your nubile young neighbour sunbathing topless?

DezB
    Free Member

Now that really is annoying!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Especially when she starts rubbing the suncream in…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Mine’s is neither young nor nubile. So yes, I probably would.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Ohhhh noooo, I’d rather not think about that, but I probably will now. You evil, evil person

DezB
    Free Member

Then she asks you to do her back… GRR!!

footstomper
    Free Member

I would rather have 20 kids screaming :mrgreen: during the day than 2 drunk youths arguing at 3am 👿 after a party. Give the kids a break its just youngsters getting over excited.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The bitch – she likes to make my life hell she does*.

*This neighbour doesn’t exist (rather disappointingly). I have a ginga male dentist for a neighbour on one side and cows/sheep on the other.

richpips
    Free Member

You should call social services and get the child protection lot around asap. The child could be damaged permanently by such behaviour.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Thats a fantastic story Ski. Impressive that you were so considerate and its nice to get some appreciation in return.

trailmonkey

Spongebob

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Me & my two little uns played cricket last night in the back garden. I must admit that i probably made more noise than them shouting owzaaaat 🙂

We have a couple of loud kids nearby and tbh it does get a little tiresome, but only when they use expletives which their parent sshould be sorting out. The noise is just noise which goes with living in a communtiy tbh

IanMunro
    Free Member

I keep mine in the cellar. Saves loads of complaints from the Austrian neighbors.

retro83
    Free Member

could be worse, every school holidays all we hear is…

🙁 “muuuuum please can i have … “
    👿 “NO!”
    🙁 “but muuu”
    👿 “NO SHUT UP”
    🙁 “waaagh waaagh”
    👿 “SHUT YOUR FLAMIN MAFF YOU LIL SOD”
    🙁 “sorry muuum”
    👿 “DONT WANNA HEAR IT SHUT UP”
    🙁 “waaah”
    repeat to fade.

This is annoying to us (100ft away from their garden and on the first floor!)

Their direct neighbours must be either deaf or very tolerant !

amazing really that some people think that having a day-long shouting match with a 7 year old kid is a good idea

coffeeking
    Free Member

The noise is just noise which goes with living in a communtiy tbh

Noise occasionally is fine, constant screaming or 8 hours of a football kicked against a wall isnt really on. PArt of living in a community is tolerance, the other part is consideration.

Retro – I see/hear that a lot too. When I used to try that trick I got “if you ask again you’ll get nothing for a month”. Worked on me!

bigyinn
    Free Member

TBH if the child is screaming for that sort of duration, then the parents should at least ask them to stop.
    I wouldn’t let my 2yo son do that, out of consideration for the rest of the street. I dont think spongebob is being that unreasonable.
    I can’t even have a cr@p or a shower without hearing my neighbours incessantly shouting wife calling her cats / dogs / flying monkeys seemingly continuously.
    Kids and people make noise i accept that, but i do expect a bit of consideration from people. Its not too much to ask a child to be a bit quieter.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

He was complaining about noise for 40 minutes – that’s all. Perhaps if it was all day, every day he might be getting worn down, but 40 minutes FFS – I think his neighbour has the misfortune of living next to him – miserable sod.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s unreasonable, in fact I was gritting my teeth yesterday evening too! I don’t think I’m a fun-trumper (great phrase from sombody on here the other day :-)) but coffeeking is right:

PArt of living in a community is tolerance, the other part is consideration.

This isn’t any less true just because there are kids involved. And anyway, when I were a lad… etc. etc.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Totally unreasonable. We don’t get this weather very often. Let the little banshee be or buy some headphones, your choice. It’s gonna piss down soon anyway.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Rubbish Parenting’ is closed to new replies.