Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ryanair does nothing now
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ryanair

Something new to remember when you fly somewhere without much internet!!

New offers from Ryanair’s thinktank

Next you will have to bring your own chair (Or rent one at a very reasonable price)

Save a little more by bringing your own pilot or plane

Or the best one Pay Ryanair some money then book with another airline!!

I would think about using them but when you add taxes, bags, checkin fees and everything that most airlines still include they aint so cheap

aracer
    Free Member

I would think about using them but when you add taxes, bags, checkin fees and everything that most airlines still include they aint so cheap

Depends. I’ve used BA because it’s cheaper than Easyjet, but more often than not choose whichever is most convenient in terms of route/flight times. You have to look at the whole package price, but I don’t see why you should be put off just because the extras cost more than the nominal flight price if it’s still cheaper in total than another airline who is more upfront with costs.

On the check-in issue, I can understand why they’re doing it. You do make a good point about being able to access the internet, but generally I find this isn’t actually that big a problem nowadays (it’s not like Rynair do fly to countries who don’t do internet) – on holiday to other countries I’ve invariably found an unsecured wifi to jack, though there were far more secured connections on my latest trip. Meanwhile I’ve also checked in for BA flights whilst halfway up a mountain in Norway. Given the choice I prefer online check in anyway – really not convinced why I need to talk to somebody at the airport.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

try a remote part of Ireland

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’m flying on BA once a month for the next 3 months its 39.00 each way with taxes.

No hidden extras except for 4.00 for payment by credit card.

I detest Ryan air for their “oh, be jesus, you’d like to use the steps to get off then, that’s another 10.00..”

gator
    Free Member

Flying with Ryanir again next month

Flight = £0
    Tax = £20 + £15
    No bag = £0

That’s £35 return

I can’t complain

spooky_b329

When I wanted to fly to Austria, BA were only £20 each way more expensive due to the baggage and bike charges and longer transfer costs at each end for the budget carriers. Plus they take a ‘sensible’ view of bike bags, they will take an bike bag that exceeds their max luggage size…our DHB bags are well over the ‘standard bike bag size’ that the airlines were quoting.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

been doing “budget” airlines over here in Oz, all allocate seats to avoid the stampede at the gate, food on Virgin Blue was reasonable and a no point did someone try and shout about the easy kiosk in my ear. You can strip out some of the frills but still leave a sensible service

nickc

Budget airlines are after a specific kind of customer: Cost minded business/leisure with small or no luggage going to a European destination for up to 7 days. That’s the business model. Step outside that definition, and the costs start mounting up.

uplink
    Free Member

I’ve flown Ryanair in the past & will do again if needed – I’ve had flights for as little as 4p return, tax etc inc.
    As long as you know what you’re getting & follow their rules instead of whatever other airlines do you’ll be OK

crazy-legs

I flew to Girona on Ryanair a few weeks ago (and yes, it was actually Girona that I wanted to go to!), return flight was 2p inc taxes. £8 booking fee. Online check in, no hold baggage.
    Flights weren’t full, I had a row of seats to myself on both flights. Planes were clean and everything was on time.

Return to Spain £8.02. 🙂

I’ll use them again.

surfer
    Free Member

Many years ago flying internationally was hugely expensive. Now we all do it for a relatively tiny sum.
    Why do we feel it is our right to fly for almost nothing and when these companies who operate in a competitive commercial environment try to charge us for services they provide do we complain?

showerman
    Free Member

Have never used them and would not cos i cannot stand that jerk of an MD thinks he is more holy than god himself. You can now use your mobile on a rynair air flight at a cost just another reason i need not to go anywhere near them.

crazy-legs

The next thing for Ryanair is to charge people to use the toilets on board. Heard it from one of their cabin crew, she reckoned it’d be brought in by the end of the year. 50p/50c.

showerman
    Free Member

what happens if you refuse to pay and s””t on the seat

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I fly out to Amsterdam a couple of times a year (for an event called Wastelands, not for the doggy drugs and pros, btw) and Berlin every now and then for business and choose BA over ‘cheap’ airlines everytime.

I don’t want to have to rush to the plane to ensure I won’t be sitting in the loo for the whole flight, I like to have a drink without the person giving it to me smacking me over the head then stealing my wallet and I quite like to change clothes at my destination and carry a bag with my work related papers and lap top in. If such things are factored in then Ryan Air/Easyjet aren’t really that much cheaper than flag carrier airlines.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ryanair does nothing now’ is closed to new replies.