Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • S.A.D. alarm clocks
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Anyone used them and do they work? If so, any recommendations?

cheers_drive

Yes they work. Mine was unpacked for the winter a few weeks ago. I don’t think mine’s available anymore but the Lumie one is supposed to be amongst the best and my Lumie desk lamp at work is brilliant.
    linky

jonb
    Free Member

Yes,

got one of these

http://www.lumie.com/shop/products/bodyclock-sunray-100

does seem to make a difference making it easier to wake/get up in the morning.

andyfb78
    Free Member

another vote for lumie

Stoner
    Free Member

Yep – Ive had one for a couple of winters now. They do work – waking to a warming, growing, glow just seems to work.

Again I had a Lumie, but in typical british fashion it is a crap clock.

switches and buttons are just a bit pants. functionality is sub-£3 hong kong junk. Real pity they couldnt marry up the bulb controller to a decent bedside clock alarm.

Hohum
    Free Member

I reckon one of those would do me the world of good when waking up on a dark and dingy morning.

However, her indoors would not like the way they look as it “would not go with the mood of the bedroom darling”.

mikey74
    Free Member

Cheers folks. I may get myself one of those Lumie’s then.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Another vote, though mine isn’t a Lumie (can’t remember the brand). It certainly does a better job of waking me than the radio though (although that is there too, but set to come on “post sunrise” to make sure I am awake… and there is a mobile alarm of much irritation a little after that! Been struggling a bit of late!)

Whether it has helped with SAD or not I don’t know… it seemed to in the past, but I work outdoors now so it may have less benefit other than the wake up!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What’s this, a light what comes on with yer alarm clock?

Wouldn’t a timer switch plug thingy be just as effective yet a lot cheaper?

Stoner
    Free Member

it turns on slowly, over maybe 20 minutes or so. Is a high intensity bulb at natural light colour temperature.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah right I get yer.

Fair enough then.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

It doesn’t just switch on, it slowly fades up, to a pretty bright light if it is a SAD light I suspect. I have toyed with the idea but now I get up a fair bit before my wife I think it would be a bit unfair…

Tracker1972
    Free Member

And that is what you get for fetching your tea before replying…
    wot ‘e said ^^

Adam_85
    Free Member

My philips one helped me last winter, helped me commute by bike rather than jump in the car nearly late and half asleep anyway. They seem to be silly money now though i’m sure I only paid 60ish. Linky

Hohum
    Free Member

^^^^

That’s daft money Adam!

Talk about big businesses making money out of somebody’s misery 🙁

Adam_85
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have paid that, perhaps it’s just coming into SAD season….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘S.A.D. alarm clocks’ is closed to new replies.