Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Salsa Fargo
  • fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

So whos got one and what are they like as iam thinking of getting one the 2011 model for my 40th as i think it will suit my style of riding(bivi/ultra light camping,gravel road,road riding with a bit of singletrack thrown in)

Rorschach
    Free Member

Vaya might be worth a look if you’re more road biased.

spokebloke
    Free Member

Have a word with Charlie the Bikemonger – he had a beauty sat in his shop last week. If you go on a test ride with him, take beer money.

rob2
    Free Member

Drain to the forum 🙂

grantyboy
    Free Member

I just picked up a Kona Sutra, very happy with it. Couldn’t justify the extra cash for the Fargo but then again it is a special present to yourself.

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

its my 40th next year and a fargo is on my list as well! great minds n all that! charlie would be my port of call 😉

MrTall
    Free Member

I have one and love it. Mostly commute on it to be honest but it’s such a fun bike to ride with the big apple 2.35’s on it. Really comfy and surprisingly fast given the weight of mine.

I have the 2010 in ‘fun guy’ green which I prefer to the newer one. It’s my go to bike and always leaves a smile on my face. I’ve had knobblies on it as well and it’s fun offroad too.

Go for it, you won’t regret it.

drain

Loving mine! Got the 2011 frame from Charlie, and built it up. Great advice from him, as ever.

I’ve run it both rigid and hardtail so far, handles really well either way on singletrack – although I’ve not got previous 29er experience to compare to, it’s close enough to my various 26ers, can’t ask for more. Clearance is hee-yooj, even with a 2.4″ Racing Ralph rear / 2.4″ Mountain King front.

Even though it’s not a light build, it’s putting in times as fast as my best efforts on 26ers I’ve spent a lot more time on, so it bodes well for pace. Not really got it for speed though, more as the basis for some big rides planned for the next year and beyond.

Presently it’s set up with flat bars (Salsa Pro Motos with the sweep pointing down) and the usual MTB levers, while I try to track down a good deal on road BB7s, but in no hurry as this seems to work too!

Yet to run it with slicks but may give it a whirl on the Way of the Roses in September.

charliedontsurf

lovely bikes, great singletrack machine… love them to bits… and we have a 20″ large demo for you to try… heres the link… http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/demo-bikes-14-w.asp

charliedontsurf

new salsa fargos

top up the tread…. new models and colours for 2012….
    http://salsacycles.com/bikes/fargo/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Salsa Fargo’ is closed to new replies.