Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Sanderson Life?
  • munchiepumps
    Free Member

Tell me about your experiences with a Sanderson Life Frame.

Looking for a steel hardtail all day trail riding, and maybe some xc racing.

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Good, but as it was the only steel frame I have had, perhaps not the best of reviews….

CaptJon
    Free Member

Love mine. Great for long days in the saddle. Make sure you try one as the long top tube isn't for everyone.

Dangerboy
    Free Member

I've got a Breath, it's lovely :o)

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

I've had a number of steel hardtails over the years
    I didn't think I'd ever find a bike as enjoyable to ride as my original Clockwork (original ,not a C16 or one of these new impostors)
    That was until I got the Sanderson Life.

Never seen a review in any magazine( if anyone knows of one please let me know) but saw the frame in LBS and new I had to have one. That was 2 years ago and I'm still impressed with it.

I've used for all types of riding – short singletrack blasts, 12 hour solo, tour of Cuba, numerous Peaks/Dales/Lakes epics and I can honestly say it's the best bike I've ever ridden.

Frame is very well designed for british conditions ,bosses for full cables up and out of the mud, forward facing seat tube slot, loads of clearance etc.

Not only that but the finish is second to none – the paint is superb, the welds are very neat.

I love it ! But don't tell everyone, they all want one 😉

StirlingCrispin

I've had one since October.
    It's a nice frame – does what it says on the tin.

Bought mine after I broke my Ti- Airborne Lancaster and wanted a long-reach HT. The Life fitted the bill.

The finish is superb – better than any other bike I've owned (and I've owned a few). The frame is 4.1 lbs (I think) and it feels light enough on its own – not as silly light as Ti or Al but light enough. I'm 6ft1 and was advised to go for 18" frame, despite running a 20" Inbred. The reach isn't as long as everyone says it is – trust the figures on the website. As a consequence of the smaller frame it's taken me a while to get the front end right as I've had to fit a stem with more rise. I think I'm there now.

At the back it feels just like my friend's Ti 456 but certainly not as supple as my old Ti bike. Less harsh than my Aluminium steeds have been though.

It blatters along the singletrack and I'm starting to get more confident in hammering it along the technical stuff. I'm also getting my mojo back on the big rocky drops we have round here and really enjoy working it through the roots and rock gardens. That's what matters to me!

Not done any long rides on it yet but I'd be happy to do so.

Some insurance photos with the old flatter stem:

HungryHungryHippo

Bought mine from a chap on here a few years ago so that I could try out a hardtail before splashing out on a fancy ti frame (moots, merlin xlm or similar). It's just so good that I've never felt the need to "upgrade".

It's not flashy. It's just an extremely good bike.

nina
    Free Member

that first image is ace! was it a super mega downhill on saturn where the gravity was different on your hydration bladder hose….

nina
    Free Member

i could have been less kind too radster….

bol

Loved mine. Would still have it if it hadn't been nicked. Lovely subtle feel, fairly light, tough and nicely finished. I even liked the shiny primer paint. Followed it up with an fsr stumpy, but it was never as much fun. My current hardtail has very simiar geometry – a little stretched, but long distance comfortable. Go for it.

boxelder

You'll want something stiffer/lighter for proper XC whippet stuff, but on everything else they're ace. Had mine 3.5 yrs now I think. 90-130mm Revs at the moment, which is fun up and down. If I had fixed travel I'd go for 120mm, with the option to under inflate. The only concern I can see anyone having is the long TT, but it suits me, and sounds like it will you (90mm stem here and lay back post, on a 20").
    Heartily rec'd
    Colour's a bit dull
    Geom V similar to a soul, but steeper HT

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I just got one from a guy on the clasifieds. Its th breath though. The feedback looks good on them. Should be nice once its built.

Are ,many of you using a 120-130mm fork on the frame? I have some 120mm Marzocchi mx pro forks I want to stick on.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

UM guess you answered my question while I was typing boxelder.

I like the look of the middleburn crank on the bike above. I'm going to be buying one for this build. Single ring 1×9 though.

ourmaninthenorth

Bought mine from a chap on here a few years ago

Bet it was hora. He was riding one when I met him a few years ago.

hora
    Free Member

Brilliant. I bought one used from here. Its got a long in the TT so if you are on the edge of sizes I'd go for the smaller.

Great quality etc. I've said this a thousand times- why doesnt the frame designer offer different colours- he'd slaughter the competition!

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Brilliant frame, great build quality, go for it – try for size though.

dicky
    Free Member

Boxelder – how tall are you – that set up 20" with layback and 90mm stem sounds about what I'm thinking of, I'm a whisker under 6'2. Top tube length at 24" doesn't sound overly long, I'm more concerned about standover, I haven't seen a 20" frame and don't want something that looks like / rides like a gate

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

looking at the top tube on mine its quite low. Looks similar to an inbred for standover. I have got a 20inch at 6.3. Only thing I can see a problem in mine is the steerer tube looks like I can get a single 10mm spacer under mine with the headset. Looking above they do seem to have small headtubes and that pic shows plenty of headset spacers under the stem. Hora I guess they don't make loads of colours as not everyone is a bike tart like you! one colour is as good as another as long as itsnot red!

boxelder

Dickie,
    I'm a leggy 6'4"
    I don't find it that long in the TT to be honest, but had a 21" Orange among others before.
    I can mail you a pic tonight if you want, or if you're around the Lakes some time, have a test ride.

dicky
    Free Member

Boxelder

Thanks, a pic would be great, my email's in my profile. Unfortunately I'm not likely to be near the lakes for a while, but thanks for the offer of a test ride anyway.

boxelder

Pretty short head tube helps keep gateiness to an acceptable minimum.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Sanderson Life?’ is closed to new replies.