Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Scottish road trip pics
  • NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi all me and some freinds took a trip up to Scotland a week ago for a long weekend road trip. We have riden around the 7 stanes area a fair bit so wanted to try something further north. We planned on some natural riding too, a nice change from trail centres.
    Headed up to Fort William first, then North West over to the Torridon area. I had read some magazine articles about this area and it really lived up to everyones expectations. Absolute epic riding on fantastic single track with amazind long rocky technical decents. (yes I enjoyed it)After this we went north east to ride at Golspie Wild cat (very good) and Balblair trails. Drove south and had more sweet natural through the woods single track in Aviemore area. Laggan was also in the plan but everyone was pretty burned! Will go there again next time! I will try to get some pics up!!!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

yeah that looks great

that last one, is that the bridge over the river alligan, near ben alligan?

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Err sorry if im not to up to date with the river/bridge location…. Its on the witches trail (Fort Will) if that helps!

grumm
    Free Member

Looks fantastic – what did you use for your routes on the XC stuff?

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi I posted for routes here first, then bought a book called Mountainbike Scotland ‘the highlands’ we got the Torridon route from that book. Asked in local bike shop in Aviemore (Bothy bikes) for local secret single track. The guys there were great.

willy
    Free Member

epic mate.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Cheers willy eye it was up there on the epic scales!

allyharp

Was the first pic part of the Aviemore singletrack bothy bikes recommended?

13thfloormonk

Great pics!

I reckon the first picture is part of the single speed world champs course in Bagaduish?

Where are pictures 6&7?

allyharp

Yes I thought that too.

And just checked my photo – exactly the same.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Well spotted lads, was a really nice place to ride. On top of that a fine sunny day! Nice way to finish a great weekend.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Pics 6&7 are both on the track/path from our Torridon loop. 6 was the start of the off road for us at Coulin with an amazing decent to Achnashellach. Then a spin up the road and back over the hill. In at Coulags up n over Bealach na Lice and a 6KM (yes really) decent back down to Torridon!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Scottish road trip pics’ is closed to new replies.