Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Searching for stuff in the ST mag archive – solution
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

In case you didn't know, the Site Search does not include the magazine archive – which makes finding the issue that has a review of [whatever] a right PITA.
    So if anybody's interested I've done a little standalone search engine that has indexed the current contents pages in the mag archive. It uses javascript and needs no other apps to run.
    You can download it from here:
    Sharkbaits Mag Archive Search Thingy

Just unzip it and put the folder somewhere (leaving all the files in the folder) – just doubleclick Search.html.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

pretty nifty. But there is a search on the magarchive page itself. top right. below 'search site'.

The search will eventually search across the entire site, and it's 'subsites'. But not quite yet. The big upgrade the other day will allow for this to happen. It's on that infinite list I have.

sharkbait
    Free Member

But there is a search on the magarchive page itself. top right. below 'search site'.

DOH!…… was that always there? I've [obviously] used the mag archive a few times and never seen it 😳

I put my coat somewhere……

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Searching for stuff in the ST mag archive – solution’ is closed to new replies.