Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Show me your epic Lakes mountain trail pics!
  • Stevie-P
    Free Member

The more exposed and mountainous the better. I wanna see rock, I wanna see technical riding. Ok ok I'll calm down. I'm planning a Lakes trip and want some inspiration.

snakebite
    Free Member

Walna route with some cheek…i'll drop it into you 😀

wl
    Free Member

Rosset Ghyll, but I've got no pics.

lcj

Video: Mojo Trail Diaries Part 2

Check out the video for some inspiration!

grumm
    Free Member

No real tech gnar in my pics but some nice views

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Stevie-P
    Free Member

Nice! Where are these, especially your second one Grum?

grumm
    Free Member

That's from somewhere near the top of High Street.

Another couple for ya…

(phone pic)

These are a bit of a cheat as they are in the Howgills but it's almost the Lakes 🙂

anc
    Free Member

ParkedTiger that's going up High Spy init? Mate had a over the bars incident near that point on Sunday, fortunately he's Ok, waiting to see the footage as he had a head cam on, should be a giggle. 😀

peachos
    Free Member

i'll try and remember to post some pictures tonight, but we did this a few weeks back and it was truly amazing. some of the best riding i have ever done!

up skiddaw – down allerdale ramble & over ullock pike.

not that long a ride, so you could probably do it twice in a day!

grumm
    Free Member

peachos – really really want to do that so looking forward to the pics. You could maybe go from Keswick via Threlkeld/Lonscale Fell to extend it a bit?

parkedtiger
    Free Member

anc – Member

ParkedTiger that's going up High Spy init? Mate had a over the bars incident near that point on Sunday, fortunately he's Ok, waiting to see the footage as he had a head cam on, should be a giggle.

Yep – I didn't take the picture myself but it was pre-flood…that section's changed a lot since then eh ! Lucky your mate didn't fall to his left !

Did you hike up from Goldscope Mine (the valley between High Spy and Hindscarth) ? Never, ever, ever contemplate trying that out as a descent – we tried it a few weeks ago – it was bobbins 😡

anc
    Free Member

Did you hike up from Goldscope Mine (the valley between High Spy and Hindscarth) ? Never, ever, ever contemplate trying that out as a descent – we tried it a few weeks ago – it was bobbins

We went Little town, up Maidenmoor which it rideable except the rockstep above Black Crag across to High Spy then down to the tarn up Dalehead(nasty carry!!). Along the tops to Robinson then down to Buttermere and back up Rigg beck or Death valley as we call it when the suns out!! Cracking ride :mrgreen:

Stevie-P
    Free Member

Loving these – keep 'em coming!

@grum, near High Street you say? Excellent as that's on my list of to-do's. Looking forward to seeing that view 😀

anc
    Free Member

Freeridenick takes a good photo or two

Gallery

Stevie-P
    Free Member

@anc

Some great pics there!

fizzer
    Free Member
    GRAEMEJONES

Somewhere around Scarth Gap, I think .. :?Still trying to get over doing 5 Passes in about 8 1/2 hours. 😯

Stevie-P
    Free Member

@fizzer

Yes I saw your original post. Looks like a fantastic ride. I might follow your tyre treads when I'm fit enough 😯

freeridenick
    Free Member
    mrpink
    Free Member

mrpink
    Free Member

borwens
    Free Member

Hey Mr Pink, where's the pic of the young Clarke at???

mrpink
    Free Member

borwens,its Birk Side on Helvellyn.he rode most of it.

borwens
    Free Member

wicked, i'd expect nothin less….

samuri
    Free Member

Another one of high street, taken from roughly the sameplaces as Grumm's but facing down the trail.

peachos
    Free Member

for grum: skiddaw & ullock pike

top of skiddaw

looking across to ullock pike

the descent down allerdale ramble

along ullock pike

best day ever 🙂

Stevie-P
    Free Member

Along ullock pike

That descent looks mint!

grumm
    Free Member

peachos that looks ace! Nice one.

tamworthcrowd
    Free Member

Pook
    gcaster
    Free Member

borwens,its Birk Side on Helvellyn.he rode most of it.

Did that a few weeks back. Great fun but damn is it hard! Our guide booke had it described a "Rideable?"!
    If it wasn't for some of those HUGE drainage channels it'd be a lot more managable.
    Great ride, wish I'd had the camera out on the descents mind.

Here's a link to the photo album from our long weekend. There's no pics of any descents – no way was I slowing to take photos. There's also no photos of Garburn 'cos it lashed it down all that day!

tamworthcrowd
    Free Member

Our guide booke had it described a "Rideable?"!

just out of interest, what guide book was that?

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Show me your epic Lakes mountain trail pics!’ is closed to new replies.