Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Silly question of the day "Is Tunisia part of Europe?"
  • waihiboy
    Free Member

I say no – father in law says yes.

Need to get travel insurance for holiday.

uplink
    Free Member

no – it's in Africa

jam-bo

what he said.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No. Africa

Lovely place, mind you! Apart from Port el Kantoui which may as well be a Spanish Costa del Fryup resort, IMO.

sv

Insurance you will indeed need. Nice country and hotels pity the rest is third world ish.

BigDummy
    Free Member

This has fascinating potential as a socio-geographical essay question of some sort, but I doubt that would interest your insurance company in the slightest. If it's in Europe then it's in a little known bit stuck firmly to the top end of Africa.

waihiboy
    Free Member

LOL, thank you for claryfying, the father in law must be bored and have too much time on his hands now he's retired and loosing his marbles.

he's also a tight arse and wanted to save £18 i reckon

i shall be spending the whole holiday winding him up over this.

higgo
    Free Member

There comes a time in every man's life when he needs to stand up to his father-in-law.

If he's got you prepared to believe Tunisia is in Europe, I'd say you're overdue.

iDave
    Free Member

do people go on holiday to places when they have no idea where that place actually is? how quaint. the brochures must be full of glittery photos and promises of countless delights.

waihiboy
    Free Member

LOL..

actually it is classed as Europe on the post office insurance website so were all wrong?

uplink
    Free Member

"Is Tunisia part of Europe?"

No we weren't

BigDummy
    Free Member

If it's in Europe then it's in a little known bit stuck firmly to the top end of Africa.

I think I was right, actually. 🙂

higgo
    Free Member

Is that a bit like Abersoch being part of Cheshire?

IdleJon

Ah, the Post Office.

Can't trust them to deliver letters, but in as far as they are oracles of all things….

IdleJon

My wife might ask is Cheshire part of Abersoch?

I also see now why people need sat-nav to find their way to work.

Is the original question really a comment on the modern educational system, or on last's century's imperial ignorance?

iDave
    Free Member

LOL – i thought cheshire had moved to pwllheli marina now though?

Onzadog
    Free Member

An ex once booked a suprise holiday for us. She told me the guy at the tavel agents had told her this place was as near as you could gte the Africa without leaving Europe. How I laughed when she told me.

psychle
    Free Member

For travel insurance purposes you generally get to chose from the following options:

UK
    Europe
    Australia/NZ
    Worldwide (ex USA/Canada)
    Worldwide

North African countries (Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia etc) are generally lumped in with Europe… trust me, I sell the stuff 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

psychle is correct for Insurance purposes geographically it is wrong as it is clearly in Africa.

Coyote
    Free Member

Yup Tunisia is in Africa. Long time since I was there but I remember it as a fascinating place. Mind I'm no expert at geography. I was at a friend's once and his girlfriend was wearing an "Abercrombie" sweatshirt. I asked her which part of Wales Abercrombie was in.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Reminds me of a chap at work when other were talking about some football match involving Andora, he said, "is that the place the jumpers come from?"

uplink
    Free Member

I asked her which part of Wales Abercrombie was in.

What a berk you must have felt everyone knows it's in Scotland

Coyote
    Free Member

Thank you uplink. My humiliation is complete… 😥

MrGreedy

Indeed it is uplink, just down the road from probably my favourite Scottish placename, Kilconquhar. Pronounce it if you dare!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

To be fair to your father-in-law waihiboy, I believe that Italy was once part of Africa – it was rammed into Europe as a result of continental drift, which also caused the formation of the Alps.

So who's to say where Tunisia will be in the future……………….when you thinking of going on holiday ?

waihiboy
    Free Member

^ 😆

were going on wednesday

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Interestingly, we holidayed in Morocco last spring, and for insurance purposes it was categorised with Europe. Last time I checked it was a couple of stops west of Tunisia. Used Insure & Go for insurance by the way.

will
    Free Member

Just been back from Tunisia for a week now. Great place, nice weather, as in not too hot, but hot enough, lots of beggars, went on a tour of the country, which was brilliant!!

For insurance yes, as many others have said it was classed as Europe. I had to ring up the insurance company to check 😆

eldridge
    Free Member

It was an important province of the Roman Empire, which was a sort of Europe with other bits added on by military conquest

Maybe your F-I-L's memory goes back that far?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Silly question of the day "Is Tunisia part of Europe?"’ is closed to new replies.