• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by IA.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Smart watches – anyone got one or know much about them?
  • clubber
    Free Member

I just happened on a couple of stories last night about smart watches after a mate posted something about his new pebble on fb.

Looks like a good idea and I reckon it’d be really useful to have notifications on your wrist when you get texts/call while riding to know whether it’s something you can ignore or not, not to mention that I’m sure there’s all sorts of other clever things you could do with them.

So, anyone got one? experiences?

Or who’s geeked up on them and knows about the various ones out now/about to come out (Like the Sony smartwatch 2)

FWIW, I’m interested in the android compatible ones and probably the ones at the pebble sort of price point ($150).

How Sony’s SmartWatch 2 Stacks Up To The Pebble And The MetaWatch Strata

tomhoward

IMO they are a solution on a desperate quest to find a problem.

ahm oot.

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks, but not really what I asked… 🙂

traildog
    Free Member

Yes, but smart phones & pads are also solutions on a desperate quest to find a problem. It doesn’t stop many people enjoying them and blowing their disposable income on them…

No experience of them I’m afraid. I imagine they’ll be useful on the bike as I often get a call and want to know should I stop riding or not to ring back. The main trouble is wearing a watch messes with my sun tan…

clubber
    Free Member

You could argue that any number of successful product are desperate quests to find a problem – just because we don’t know that they’ll be useful or appealing, doesn’t mean that they won’t be.

Anyway, I quite like having a watch mark in my tan 🙂

DrP

Clubber, you want those futuristic glasses that area always advertised on here >>/^^ !!

Forget having to move your head to get distracted by flashy images, when you can have them beamed direct into your line of sight…!!

DrP

the-muffin-man

Isn’t that what people said about the iPhone!

I’d like one that ran Strava and had a built in Heart Rate monitor.

TooTall
    Free Member

I equate gadgets like this with people who are sooooo important that they think they need wifi in aircraft.

traildog
    Free Member

I want Google glasses for work. Finally the solution to browsing the internet while looking like you are actually working.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Last flight I was on there was a guy sitting across with me endlessly fiddling with one. Think he must have bought it in the airport swatch shop. Looked quite nice.

I had a swatch in the 80’s, it had hands on it.

jam-bo

I’d like one that ran Strava and had a built in Heart Rate monitor.

ta daa

http://www.magellangps.com/Echo

clubber
    Free Member

Oooh! Wifi in aircraft you say?! 🙂

I like gadgets. I definitely don’t need one but I think I’d like having one. A bit like more than one bike as it goes.

DrP – I don’t see those ads…

the-muffin-man

ta daa

Is that the Toys’R’Us version!

zilog6128

Not really, you just lack imagination/vision. Integration between phones and other devices is the next step IMO. Watches/glasses/car/tv etc.

Cougar

Everything I’ve read about the Sony Smartwatches is negative. Gread idea really badly implemented (which is a shame as they look ace).

Really quite fancy a Pebble myself.

kimbers

shirley the biggest problem is that for video calls you will be looking directly up someones nose

I think its a good idea, always loosing my phone but not my watch

IA

I’m proper pebble-curious. If I could just buy one, I probably would’ve.

I like the idea of apps like strava/whatever being able to surface data to them, and the potential to use it on my bars like a cycle computer – strava mode for trails I know or just tracking distance, some sort of navigation mode when I need to know where to go.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Smart watches – anyone got one or know much about them?’ is closed to new replies.