Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • So it was my sister which stole £15000 from my mothers house………
  • ianpinder
    Free Member

And managed to spend it all……..

A couple of questions, the police are involved, and since my sister is an arrogent ****, she managed to piss them off and they are not letting it drop….

However, if my sister used the money for legitimate things, i.e. paying debt companies off can my mother reclaim this money like you can with stolen good?

Well TBH that was my only question, as I never really liked my sister so I'm not concerned with what happens to her. Perhaps some life experience in jail might do her good….

tinsy
    Free Member

15k… sweet jesus, dont you have a Barclays close by?

Cant see how you can claim anything if it was family.

cyclistm
    Free Member

You would be best off talking to your family liaison officer assuming they have allocated one? If not, speak to the police direct.

This is probably not the best place to ask.

Could well be a civil claim though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that, makes me realise how lucky I am with my family.

Doesn't matter what she did with the money, if she stole it then she owes it back (EDIT – not sure if you can get it back from creditors – needs a criminal lawyer).

Getting it back may be another matter…

Oh and

she managed to piss them off and they are not letting it drop….

I'd hope so too!

finbar
    Free Member
    ianpinder
    Free Member

For those off you who didn't see the previous thread read this first to stop all the muppits posting stupid posts.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/so-15000-went-missing-from-my-mums-house

Tinsy – still a crime even if it is within family.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Finbar – I'd be so tempted but don't want to have to get out the Burbury, it's only for special occasions you see…..

MrOvershoot

Read the original thread Ian, at least your judgement was right. Even if it wasn't a nice thing to realise you were right..

Good luck is all I can say; from my experience of family’s and money going missing/being conned it rips everyone apart.

Sorry I can't help you on the legal side.

Keva
    Free Member

omg… stealing £15,000 from your own mother. Is there no end to the depths of depravity that some people are prepared to stoop to ?

tinsy
    Free Member

ianpinder, I guess so, but would have thought it made it sticky ground as it could look more like a conspiracy between your mum and your sister to wipe out some debts for a little jail time.

anokdale
    Free Member

Thats a terrible situation to be in but i hope the Police throw the book at her, sorry to say that is really low what your sis has done. Good luck with it all.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Bankruptcy looks far better then jail time. Plus my mum has no debts, including no morgage etc…. Plus my sister is denying it to the police, even though admitting it to my mum over the phone, when she was on speaker phone and the police were in the room, muppit, and to make matters worse, she told mum not to tell the police, as she would get in trouble for benifit fraud…. (or theft…)

allthepies
    Free Member

>Plus my sister is denying it to the police, even though admitting it to my mum over the phone, when she was on speaker phone and the police were in the room, muppit, and to make matters worse, she told mum not to tell the police, as she would get in trouble for benifit fraud…. (or theft…)

FAIL!

tinsy
    Free Member

It just sounds like a ferkin nightmare, nothing anyone on here can tell you to help I wouldnt have thought…

How can someone do that to their own mum… Beats me.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

jesus, thats bad. good luck with it lad, hope you manage to recover the money

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You should be able to seize her assets and get them sold I would guess – needs a criminal lawyer tho

What a f up. I do feel sorry for you and your mother

MrsToast
    Free Member

Kick your sister in the ovaries. What a complete and utter cow.

DrJ

So, to be a bit morbid …

when your mum dies, who will inherit? Just subtract 15K (+ interest, natch) from your sister's share.

BruceM
    Free Member

DrJ, thats a lot of assumptions to make.

backhander
    Free Member

Or get your mum to delete sis from the will. Could get a result.

konabunny
    Free Member

OP – sorry to hear that. Nightmare.

You should be able to seize her assets and get them sold I would guess – needs a criminal lawyer tho

Civil law, surely? Although can't a court can make restitution orders after criminal conviction? I dunno. Anyway, yes – a lawyer of some sort and not us muppets.

OP – you might be able to get some free, qualified legal advice from a Law Centre: http://www.lawcentres.org.uk/

will
    Free Member

Bloody hell man! Thats awful. Really hope you get resolved, keep us all posted!

wwaswas

I can't really add much to this expect to say that your family will be dealing with the fallout from this for years so it's probably best to try not to do anything irrecoverable in the heat of the moment (on either side).

Talkemada
    Free Member

What a horrible situation. 🙁

I can understand there's probably a fair bit of anger (justifiably) at the moment, and it's a very selfish and disrespectful thing to do.

But without knowing all the details surrounding this, is it possible your sister has problems you might not be aware of? I'm not condoning her actions, just trying to understand. Surely such a lack of consideration and compassion for her mum isn't just because she's selfish; could there possibly be more than meets the eye here? I don't wish to pry into your family's privacy though.

Could there be any possibility that this issue can one day be resolved, and allow your sister to be part of the family in a positive way once more? I'm just trying to see if there can't be a 'happy ending' for this.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Really sorry to hear this not much you can do other than be strong for your mother and remember she is your sister. Do you really want to do something you might regret in the future over money, just get on with your life and leave her to deal with the guilt.

I just cannot imagine this all the best mate!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that! However it will be your Mum's decision if she wants to support a prosecution. Police will arrest her and interview, conduct investigation and pass to CPS for a decision. Your Mum will have to decide if she wants to go to court to give evidence, as if your sister carries on denying it, it could go to a trial of which your Mum would be called.
    I don't think you can get the money back, criminally you won't as she clearly doesn't have the money to pay back to you. Has she been nicked yet? (out of interest).
    I also wouldn't be so positive that she would receive a custodial sentence, that will depend on lots of factors, previous police history, does she plead at court or go to full trial, what BS her defence come up with.

Good luck if you need any more advice, feel free to e-mail me.

timdrayton
    Free Member

my father in law popped round to let my dogs out whilst I was down a+e with the missus this weekend, and nicked some plant bulbs from my back garden!

granted not quite the same league but i wish i could set the police on him….

atlaz
    Free Member

Can you get in trouble for benefit fraud when you have the proceeds of theft?

ianpinder
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies.

Just to clear a few points up. The money is stolen, If this money is used to pay companies, i.e. a bank over draft can my mum then claim that money back from the bank, like you could if i found the person with my stolen bike?

From my point of view, i don't care that my sister has stolen the money and now has 15k from our in heritence, what i actually care about is that my mum sold her larger house and downsized so she had money for her retirement, she is now 61, she i salso ill and goes on holiday every year and takes her career, which costs about 6k. Myu mother is now left with about £1000 cash and that is it. She had plans to install a new disabled friendly bathroom, which now have to be scrapped.

In a few years when I have finished my second degree and climb the ladder a bit, i'll be in a posistion give my mother money.

My mum feels so insecure now that she has no finacial back up.

iDave
    Free Member

sell sister to traffickers?

ianpinder
    Free Member

Even if I charged by the kilo i wouldn't get a good price

Jerome
    Free Member

Pity your sister climbed the ladder before you..

mudshark
    Free Member

rent her out by the hour?

Sandwich

SIster will be worth a lot as donor organs on the private market. Off to the chop shop with her!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Are you absolutely sure that your sister has spent it all ?

Are you sure that she isn't just saying, that she's spent it all, because she doesn't want to give any of it back ?

ianpinder
    Free Member

Jerome – what do you mean?

Jerome
    Free Member

I thought the stash was in the loft..

nonk
    Free Member

the mrs does family law ian..just asked her about claiming back from the bank. she reckons not.
    no harm in having ago though.

ianpinder
    Free Member

oh i get you now 😆

project
    Free Member

So it was my sister which stole £15000 from my mothers house………

Lots of people thieve, and a lot from family members,sadly your sister got caught, and thats worse, than a stranger takeing the money,you could make her bankrupt,or send in the bailiffs, but that is your mothers decision, and it would be unlikely she would do that.

Why did your sister take the money, debts or gambling,she needs help,and so does your mum,and your mum is ill,so just tread lightly, let the Police take the relevant action.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘So it was my sister which stole £15000 from my mothers house………’ is closed to new replies.